May refuses to rule out a new de-facto border between Ireland as a whole and Britain in the Irish Sea.

Newrybhoy

That’s not the question you asked.

You stated confidently that there would be no election until 2022 and when asked why just as confidently cited the The Fixed Term Parliament Act 2011.

Since then you have been handed your a4se and are back to hypotheticals, just as confidently.
How have I been handed my arse.

The Fixed term act states that elections are every 5 years unless the criteria stated are met.

They cannot be met unless a large number of Tories vote for them. That's unlikely to happen. They aren't going to give Corbyn a chance.

Labour will split over any vote on Brexit as well as the Tories.

Republican wishful thinking is just that.

Talk Back

The Fixed term act states that elections are every 5 years unless the criteria stated are met.

They cannot be met unless a large number of Tories vote for them. That's unlikely to happen. They aren't going to give Corbyn a chance.

I think the salient point here is that irrespective of Brexit, the occupied 6 counties will be voted back into a reunified Ireland and there isn't a thing you Unionists can do about it - it's called democracy.

Tick-Tock.

Newrybhoy

I think the salient point here is that irrespective of Brexit, the occupied 6 counties will be voted back into a reunified Ireland and there isn't a thing you Unionists can do about it - it's called democracy.

Tick-Tock.
I don't recall SF/IRA being too concerned about "democracy".

When did you decide it was the way to go?

vivabrigada

Like every other former British colony, when they kick the British out.

Niall996

After the PUL terrorist thugs threatened mass slaughter to prevent democracy in 1912, it still went to the people in 1918. Again, rejected by the PUL's. When did the PUL's ever give a toss about democracy? Oh, now it's important with Brexit! I see.

mac tíre

Unionists on here talking about democracy.

:lol:

You guys crack us up.Yiz eejits, yiz.

Paddyc

The fact remains that an election could be called next week to be held in six weeks time, particularly if the anti-semitism charges stick to Corbyn and a new Tory leader fancies his chances.

Newrybhoy

The fact remains that an election could be called next week to be held in six weeks time, particularly if the anti-semitism charges stick to Corbyn and a new Tory leader fancies his chances.
Labour would have to agree.

Niall996

Labour would have to agree.
Why would Labour not agree? They're ahead in then polls, the Tories are in a mess and that mess will only get worse during an election campaign in the midst of Brexit.

Newrybhoy

Have you ever in your life seen or heard an opposition refusing to agree to a general election?
Well according to your scenario,Labour were in crises. So perhaps they wouldn't facilitate an election where they could lose seats.

Paddyc

Well according to your scenario,Labour were in crises. So perhaps they wouldn't facilitate an election where they could lose seats.
You’ve gone from “There is no election until 2022.” to “Do you think” , ‘That's unlikely to happen“ to “perhaps they wouldn't”.

Life’s not quite as certain as you’d like it to be. Is it?

Newrybhoy

You’ve gone from “There is no election until 2022.” to “Do you think” , ‘That's unlikely to happen“ to “perhaps they wouldn't”.

The only definite here is the Fixed Term Act. That is the default.

Mickeymac

He is all at sea as usual Paddy and has had hiss a$$ handed to him yet again sir.:lol:

Newrybhoy

He is all at sea as usual Paddy and has had hiss a$$ handed to him yet again sir.:lol:
Who have you handed your ass to today Mick.

Is the Popes visit bringing back lots of happy memories from your time as a altar boy?

Mickeymac

Who have you handed your ass to today Mick.

Is the Popes visit bringing back lots of happy memories from your time as a altar boy?

Yet more diversion from our resident POS, one thing for certain, you can never deflect from your stupidity.:lol:

Talk Back

Yet more diversion from our resident POS, one thing for certain, you can never deflect from your stupidity.:lol:
Stupidity is the Unionists forte - just look at the EU withdrawal agreement from March this year.

It states,

"With respect to the DRAFT PROTOCOL ON IRELAND/NORTHERN IRELAND (Dec.2017), the negotiators (brits) agree that a legally operative version of the “backstop” solution for the border between Northern Ireland
and Ireland, in line with paragraph 49 of the Joint Report, should be agreed as part of the legal text of
the Withdrawal Agreement
, to apply unless and until another solution is found."

The following is paragraph 49,

49. The United Kingdom remains committed to protecting North-South cooperation and to
its guarantee of avoiding a hard border. Any future arrangements must be compatible
with these overarching requirements. The United Kingdom's intention is to achieve
these objectives through the overall EU-UK relationship. Should this not be possible,
the United Kingdom will propose specific solutions to address the unique
circumstances of the island of Ireland. In the absence of agreed solutions, the United
Kingdom will maintain full alignment with those rules of the Internal Market and the
Customs Union which, now or in the future, support North-South cooperation, the allisland
economy and the protection of the 1998 Agreement.

Note that the brits did not agree to paragraph 50 (which the Unionist had inserted in the Dec 2017 DRAFT PROTOCOL ON IRELAND/NORTHERN IRELAND), being the basis for the actual withdrawal agreement.

This means, under the terms of paragraph 49, the 6 counties will remain in the SM and CU with the rest of Ireland - and the new de-facto border will be in the Irish Sea.

Newrybhoy

Stupidity is the Unionists forte - just look at the EU withdrawal agreement from March this year.

It states,

"With respect to the DRAFT PROTOCOL ON IRELAND/NORTHERN IRELAND (Dec.2017), the negotiators (brits) agree that a legally operative version of the “backstop” solution for the border between Northern Ireland
and Ireland, in line with paragraph 49 of the Joint Report, should be agreed as part of the legal text of
the Withdrawal Agreement
, to apply unless and until another solution is found."

The following is paragraph 49,

49. The United Kingdom remains committed to protecting North-South cooperation and to
its guarantee of avoiding a hard border. Any future arrangements must be compatible
with these overarching requirements. The United Kingdom's intention is to achieve
these objectives through the overall EU-UK relationship. Should this not be possible,
the United Kingdom will propose specific solutions to address the unique
circumstances of the island of Ireland. In the absence of agreed solutions, the United
Kingdom will maintain full alignment with those rules of the Internal Market and the
Customs Union which, now or in the future, support North-South cooperation, the allisland
economy and the protection of the 1998 Agreement.

Note that the brits did not agree to paragraph 50 (which the Unionist had inserted in the Dec 2017 DRAFT PROTOCOL ON IRELAND/NORTHERN IRELAND), being the basis for the actual withdrawal agreement.

This means, under the terms of paragraph 49, the 6 counties will remain in the SM and CU with the rest of Ireland - and the new de-facto border will be in the Irish Sea.
Do you understand what the term "draft" means in this context?

You do realise this wasn't signed and agreed by anyone)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies