Mayo next GE

Round tower

cellery to top pole
ringer in next (won’t reach quota on first count)

Dillon to tank, Castlebar to vote for Lisa

dog fight then
Conway-Walsh’s transfers to push Saoirse in ahead of Michelle
Figures?, where did it come from

Cailleach

I live in Mayo, have done all my life with some young years away in third level but never lived full-time anywhere else.

Have been effectively disenfrancised all my life here (now qualify for free pass) and generally voted for well-intentioned but electoral no-hopers.

I don't trust the Shinners as far as I'd throw them but, this time, will vote 1, Independent and 2, SF. Decision based, half facetiously, on the embarassment quotient of 2 shaggin' FF and 2 shaggin' FG every time and also, every dog is allowed one bite.

Greens shafted us on Corrib - Ryan makes me physically ill - so whither ones vote ...

Half Nelson

cellery to top pole
ringer in next (won’t reach quota on first count)

Dillon to tank, Castlebar to vote for Lisa

dog fight then
Conway-Walsh’s transfers to push Saoirse in ahead of Michelle
Calleary has done the grand sum of sweet fa for Mayo, but those mountainy sheep are easy to predict.
Ring will get the Westport vote, where it's all about the money.
Smaller parties won't get a look in.
Nothing ever changes on the Mayo see-saw. That's why Mayo will be forever begging for the crumbs.

neiphin

I live in Mayo, have done all my life with some young years away in third level but never lived full-time anywhere else.

Have been effectively disenfrancised all my life here (now qualify for free pass) and generally voted for well-intentioned but electoral no-hopers.

I don't trust the Shinners as far as I'd throw them but, this time, will vote 1, Independent and 2, SF. Decision based, half facetiously, on the embarassment quotient of 2 shaggin' FF and 2 shaggin' FG every time and also, every dog is allowed one bite.

Greens shafted us on Corrib - Ryan makes me physically ill - so whither ones vote ...
Independent 1 if you want
SF / Green 2
Green / SF 3

only way to dislodge one of the bástards

Cailleach

Calleary has done the grand sum of sweet fa for Mayo, but those mountainy sheep are easy to predict.
Ring will get the Westport vote, where it's all about the money.
Smaller parties won't get a look in.
Nothing ever changes on the Mayo see-saw. That's why Mayo will be forever begging for the crumbs.
Agree with you unfortunately; that said, do you see any possibility of either SF or Green women having a chance for seat?

Cailleach

Independent 1 if you want
SF / Green 2
Green / SF 3

only way to dislodge one of the bástards
It's enough of an effort to give a Shinner stroke - accept that 3 for Green would probably make transfer sense but literally can't while limp $%^&*"£ Ryan is still there.

seanof

What is he on, how does a person in Dublin know anything about predicting Mayo, bit like if i tried to predict the consticueney where he lives, i would not have a clue
It seems he and his family have holidayed in Tourmakeady for over twenty years, so he may have more insight into the Mayo constituency than most journalists.

Half Nelson

What is he on, how does a person in Dublin know anything about predicting Mayo, bit like if i tried to predict the consticueney where he lives, i would not have a clue
It's because Mayo is probably the most predictable and boring constituency in the country. What ever the result there won't be any gasps of surprise.

seanof

Looking at the strength of SF in Connaught in that RedC poll, I'd be more optimistic than ever before in my lifetime that Rose Conway Walsh might get the last seat for SF. Unfortunately, I think McHugh might scupper her chances by splitting any new anti FFG votes. Hopefully McHugh voters will transfer to Conway Walsh.

A few commentators, including Yates have said they suspected that McHugh's vote in the Euro elections came predominantly from the east of the constituency, mainly Co Kildare.

It's most likely to be 2 FF, 2 FG again but I live in hope!

paulp

Looking at the strength of SF in Connaught in that RedC poll, I'd be more optimistic than ever before in my lifetime that Rose Conway Walsh might get the last seat for SF. Unfortunately, I think McHugh might scupper her chances by splitting any new anti FFG votes. Hopefully McHugh voters will transfer to Conway Walsh.

A few commentators, including Yates have said they suspected that McHugh's vote in the Euro elections came predominantly from the east of the constituency, mainly Co Kildare.

It's most likely to be 2 FF, 2 FG again but I live in hope!
Co Kildare??
I hope Conway-Walsh voters are transferring to McHugh!

neiphin

seanof

I see Paddy Power odds on Rose Conway Wlash to take the 4th seat are now 4/11, with Alan Dillon on 6/4, Saoirse McHugh 10/3, Michelle Mulherin 4/1.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies