"Mayor of Limerick in Garda Probe"

Ruadh

I wonder were the leadership of Limerick FF and the wider Collins family aware of this crash?
When the Collins family hear talk about a car crash their first thought is its a reference to bursting the party.

loner

Yes. I also seem to recall hearing that he is related through marriage to the Collins family but I can't be totally sure of that.
Any relationship with the Collins family,by marriage or otherwise, would not be something to be wished on anyone--hope you are mistaken.

loner

of course he will: Niall's adherence to the blindness of justice is unequalled[/QUOTE Any word on Gerry these days--he is sadly missed. He had vedry strong views on a Govt. having confidence in the Garda Commissioner though the activities of that Govt. in sacking Garvey got short shift from the Supreme Court-----we never learned the reasons for that ill judged Govt. decision

Last edited:

stakerwallace

You'd have to be in Abbeyfeale on Christmas Eve to see Gerry now: very low profile otherwise

williewatch

From the Irish Independent website

Fianna Fail to hold emergency meeting to discuss position of colleague Jerry O'Dea following drink driving allegations - Independent.ie

"An emergency meeting of Fianna Fail councillors in Limerick has been called for tonight to discuss the position of Jerry O’Dea, the party’s metropolitan Mayor.

Mayor has been called into question by one of his own party colleagues, Cllr Shane Clifford, who said he “should reflect on his position."

But LOL. Here is Willie O'Dea's comment.

"Local TD Willie O’Dea said he was of the opinion that his party colleague should make a full personal statement and clear the air on the matter.
“He is a very personable, amiable guy. I would just urge him, were he to ask my advice, to make a full personal statement on the matter quickly,” Mr O’Dea said."

LOL....Is this the same Willie O"Dea who did everything he could to avoid accepting resonsibility when he was caught out smearing a political opponent and who went as far as trying to blame a local reporter for making it up & and swearing false evidence to the High Court to avaoid taking responsibility for his own actions.

Is this Willie's idea of "clearing the air"?....Lol. What a brass neck bull************************ artist.

Last edited:

JoeHickey

From the Irish Independent website

Fianna Fail to hold emergency meeting to discuss position of colleague Jerry O'Dea following drink driving allegations - Independent.ie

"An emergency meeting of Fianna Fail councillors in Limerick has been called for tonight to discuss the position of Jerry O’Dea, the party’s metropolitan Mayor.

Mayor has been called into question by one of his own party colleagues, Cllr Shane Clifford, who said he “should reflect on his position."

But LOL. Here is Willie O'Dea's comment.

"Local TD Willie O’Dea said he was of the opinion that his party colleague should make a full personal statement and clear the air on the matter.
“He is a very personable, amiable guy. I would just urge him, were he to ask my advice, to make a full personal statement on the matter quickly,” Mr O’Dea said."

LOL....Is this the same Willie O"Dea who did everything he could to avoid accepting resonsibility when he was caught out smearing a political opponent and who went as far as trying to blame a local reporter for making it up & and swearing false evidence to the High Court to avaoid taking responsibility for his own actions.

Is this Willie's idea of "clearing the air"?....Lol. What a brass neck bull************************ artist.

and didn't he try to blame the Gardaí when talking in the Dáil?

williewatch

and didn't he try to blame the Gardaí when talking in the Dáil?
Yes and then Willie stated that he couldn't remember the name of theis mystery Garda.

Willie is some brass neck boyo all right to be advising the (soon to be former) Mayor.

williewatch

So that's is - its all sorted now................

Fianna Fail politician Jerry O'Dea - who is at centre of 'drink drive' allegations - says 'matter is closed

Fianna Fail politician Jerry O'Dea - who is at centre of 'drink drive' allegations - says 'matter is closed' - Independent.ie
OMG Really bad judgement & arrogant call by Jerry O"dea here.

This is going to run and run.

Showing the same kind of arrogance and reality avoidance and "nothing to see here" bluff as his namesake Wille O'Dea during the slander / False High Court evidence scandal.

artfoley56

Not that I am aware of.

Interestingly though, in this case the line being spun is that an unnamed "young garda" is responsible.

While at the time of the Willie O'Dea slander/false High Court evidence scandel, Willie was spinning the line that an unnamed Garda office (whose name Willie couldn't remember) was responible for providing him with false information.
Hardly the fault of a young guard if the specimen was sent away in the normal manner. Its what happened when it got back is where the story is

stakerwallace

Who pulled the strings on this one?

Weevil

The politician, who has so far remained silent about the controversy, is alleged to have been found by emergency services in his car overturned on the outskirts of Limerick City on December 11th last.
I'm surprised he didn't put away his phone and demand to be delivered to his destination by the responding personnel.

williewatch

Refreshing to see the Leader crawling out from under a rock having studiously ignored a major local story for almost two days.
Lots of media outlets keeping quite on this story.....not a peep from RTE radio, Newstalk or The Irish Examiner.

FF still have friends in low places :)

BTW I still waiting to hear a comment on this issue from Niall Collins, the FF frontbench spokesperson on Justice!

Prof Honeydew

Lots of media outlets keeping quite on this story.....not a peep from RTE radio, Newstalk or The Irish Examiner.

FF still have friends in low places :)

BTW I still waiting to hear a comment on this issue from Niall Collins, the FF frontbench spokesperson on Justice!
Reminds me of when I was in East Germany a week before the Wall came down in 1989. On the Monday, I saw a demo in Dresden where at least half a million people took to the streets and there were reports of over a million out marching in Leipzig the same night. The following morning, the headline in Neues Deutschland, the main daily newspaper, was the government welcoming a trade delegation from the Peoples Republic of Mongolia.

Was Stringjack Neues Deutschland's editor at the time?

Last edited:

williewatch

Refreshing to see the Leader crawling out from under a rock having studiously ignored a major local story for almost two days.
According to limerick 95 FM , FF's Limerick City Councillors have gone to ground and are refusing to comment.

They are referring all inqueries to the FF national press office. When contacted the FF press office are saying that they have nothing further to say!

Ramon Mercadar

According to this morning's Sunday Times

"The metropolitan Mayor of Limerick, Jerry O'Dea is at the centre of an internal Garda investigation into the suspected failure of local officers to investigate his involvement in a serious motoring incident".

Mayor of Limerick in garda probe
Well at least he didn't stab anyone. I feared that might be the case when I read the thread title,

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom