"Mayor of Limerick in Garda Probe"

Eoin Coir

Is he any relation of willie o dea. It seems he prompted the investigation by making enquiries. If he had remained quiet nothing would be known. Maybe will ie o'dea was advising him ?

Eoin Coir

Is he any relation of willie o dea. It seems he prompted the investigation by making enquiries. If he had remained quiet nothing would be known. Maybe will ie o'dea was advising him ?
I am sure the FF media have asked him !

CptSternn

I think the Gardai should also be reprimanded. How can they let a criminal walk on such charges? I do not drink and drive, but now I am thinking i might just because if arrested I will have my solicitor cite this case as precedent to let me off. If you total your own car then apparently its no ones bother but your own, says the Gardai here.

Nope, drink driving is only a crime if you hurt someone with your car. Just ask the Gardai who let Jerry O'Dea walk on the same charge.

williewatch

Mayor O'Dea has issued a statement saying that he did not contact the Gardai.

realistic1

I think the Gardai should also be reprimanded. How can they let a criminal walk on such charges? I do not drink and drive, but now I am thinking i might just because if arrested I will have my solicitor cite this case as precedent to let me off. If you total your own car then apparently its no ones bother but your own, says the Gardai here.

Nope, drink driving is only a crime if you hurt someone with your car. Just ask the Gardai who let Jerry O'Dea walk on the same charge.
are you new to this flawed State? This is an Establishment Irish Politician and the Gardai, do you expect that all Irish Citizens are treated equally?

williewatch

Lucinda Creighton has now weighed in........

Martin urged to ‘calm disquiet’ over FF councillor road accident

"Renua Ireland leader Lucinda Creighton has called on Fianna Fáil leader Micheal Martin to “calm public disquiet” following controversy over the absence of a prosecution in a road traffic accident involving a Limerick Fianna Fáil councillor."

And

"Micheál Martin vigorously calls for investigations on the most minor of matters when it comes to other parties. He should act immediately to calm public disquiet about an event that appears to belong more appropriately to an Ireland of 30 years ago,” she said."

I haven't heard any comment from FF Justice spokesperson Niall Collins on this matter yet! but I did see this in the Irish Independent "The party's justice spokesman and TD for Limerick, Niall Collins - who is not involved in any way in the alleged incident - also failed to respond to a voice message and text."

Prominent Fianna Fail figure at centre of drink-driving incident

loner

Lots of media outlets keeping quite on this story.....not a peep from RTE radio, Newstalk or The Irish Examiner.

FF still have friends in low places :)

BTW I still waiting to hear a comment on this issue from Niall Collins, the FF frontbench spokesperson on Justice!
Surprised at you--Niall will keep his mouth shut on this one

im axeled

That's a shame.
I have suggested that the moderators get a basic guide to what actually is an actionable post.
As there seems to be a complete lack of understanding.

A friendly solicitor would surely do this pro bono.
there seemes to be a few on here, part time lawyers, part time spinners

Last edited:

im axeled

Yes and then Willie stated that he couldn't remember the name of theis mystery Garda.

Willie is some brass neck boyo all right to be advising the (soon to be former) Mayor.

it will take someting more before he will be an ex mayor, holders of office usually require the voters to make them ex office holders, morals, principals etc never come into it

im axeled

Lots of media outlets keeping quite on this story.....not a peep from RTE radio, Newstalk or The Irish Examiner.

FF still have friends in low places :)

BTW I still waiting to hear a comment on this issue from Niall Collins, the FF frontbench spokesperson on Justice!
you better be good at waiting

CptSternn

I am actually disgusted by Mayor O'Dea. There are on average 20,000 people arrested and/or jailed for this crime every year in our country. We have lost how many people in drink driving accidents? Innocent men, women, mother, fathers, and children.

If he refuses to do the right thing watch how fast the survivors who had love ones taken away from them to protest in front of his office.

He is no better than any other person who has murdered someones baby with their car due to drink driving.

Someone should email him a list of names of all the people who have died because of this along with the names of the survivors and how they had been effected. His refusal to address this shows what a complete lack of human compassion and empathy he has. He is going to show how he and FF are no better than murders and could care less about who they kill as long as they keep their spot in government.

Fianna Fail would literally allow someone who risked the lives and families of their own constituents to continue in office to save their political futures.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom