McAliskey: Derry can be a 'Sanctuary City' - or has she finally lost it?

Catalpast

McAliskey: Derry can be a ‘Sanctuary City’

Veteran civil rights activist Bernadette McAliskey has called on communities in Derry to make the city a ‘sanctuary’ for refugees by refusing to implement anti-immigrant policies handed down from central government.

Read more at: McAliskey: Derry can be a

Old Age isn't for everyone that is for sure

Some people just become more cantankerous and develop even more bizarre theories about what other people should spend their money on

She was in Dublin last year IIRC outside the old Central Bank in Dame street spouting on how we should all head over to Greece to haul the 'refugees' in

It doesn't seem to occur to her we have enough Homeless People of our own North and South to see to first

But Bernadette seems to think that Paddy can go to the back of the Q

- and wait his/her turn along with the 'refugees' ..................... :?

:?

Itsalaugh

Irish liberals ignore her despite the success she's had in integrating 3000 post-conflict Timor Leste-ians into Dungannon/Coalisland.

KEYHOLE KATE

She has greyhounds. What about our native hare? Maybe she enjoys blood sports.
Sanctus, Sanctorum!

Strawberry

She should retire and enjoy her leisure. She will be forever loved for the clatter she gave Reginald Maudling in the HoC after the Bloody Sunday massacre, its just a shame she didn't hit him lower down.

Catalpast

She should retire and enjoy her leisure. She will be forever loved for the clatter she gave Reginald Maudling in the HoC after the Bloody Sunday massacre, its just a shame she didn't hit him lower down.
When she was good she was Good....:cool:

- but now she has totally lost the Plot!:shock:

Strawberry

When she was good she was Good....:cool:

- but now she has totally lost the Plot!:shock:
Happens to a lot of the greats eventually. Like I said, she should retire and enjoy her leisure, leave politics to the young wans.

Mickeymac

The two scumbags on this page who denigrated her should hang their heads in shame particularly if they knew what she and her family suffered from State forces and their proxy loyalist death squads......

Bernie Devlin.
On 16 January 1981 she and her husband were shot by members of the Ulster Freedom Fighters, who broke into their home near Coalisland, County Tyrone.[13][14] The gunmen shot Devlin fourteen times in front of her children.[15] British soldiers were watching the McAliskey home at the time, but failed to prevent the assassination attempt, indeed it has been claimed that Devlin's assassination was ordered by British authorities and that collusion was a factor.[2][16] An army patrol of the 3rd Battalion, The Parachute Regiment, entered the house and waited for half an hour. Bernadette Devlin McAliskey has claimed they were waiting for the couple to die. Another group of soldiers then arrived and transported her by helicopter to a nearby hospital.[17] The paramilitaries had torn out the telephone and while the wounded couple were being given first aid by the newly arrived troops, a soldier ran to a neighbour's house, commandeered a car, and drove to the home of a councillor to telephone for help. The couple were taken by helicopter to hospital in nearby Dungannon for emergency treatment and then to the Musgrave Park Hospital, Military Wing, in Belfast, under intensive care.[18][19] The attackers, Ray Smallwoods, Tom Graham (38), both from Lisburn, and Andrew Watson (25) from Seymour Hill, Dunmurry, were captured by the army patrol and subsequently jailed.[20] All three were members of the South Belfast UDA. Smallwoods was the driver of the getaway car.[21]

statsman

I'm not a particular fan of the woman, but I'd venture to suggest that she has done more in her life than the OP has in his.

Last edited:

mac tíre

I'm not a particular fan of the woman, but I'd venture to suggest that she has done mor ein her life than the OP has in his.
She might well have done plenty but has she ever stood outside Blanchardstown Centre counting people with darker skin than milk bottle white?

I rest my case.

statsman

She might well have done plenty but has she ever stood outside Blanchardstown Centre counting people with darker skin than milk bottle white?

I rest my case.
petunia

hollandia

Here's a promo for the upcoming release "Blanch - The Movie"....

General Urko

When the Lovely Donal McGlinchey had a few holes put in him, she referred to him as being - The Greatest Republican of them all! And IIRC called the media - Curs- because of their depiction of him!
Nuff Said!

General Urko

Disgusting comment, she used to breed, train and race these wonderful breed of dog.
In all fairness, no disrespect to anyone, but virtually anyone who has dealings with breeding greyhounds in my experience is a knack!

General Urko

The two scumbags on this page who denigrated her should hang their heads in shame particularly if they knew what she and her family suffered from State forces and their proxy loyalist death squads......

Bernie Devlin.
On 16 January 1981 she and her husband were shot by members of the Ulster Freedom Fighters, who broke into their home near Coalisland, County Tyrone.[13][14] The gunmen shot Devlin fourteen times in front of her children.[15] British soldiers were watching the McAliskey home at the time, but failed to prevent the assassination attempt, indeed it has been claimed that Devlin's assassination was ordered by British authorities and that collusion was a factor.[2][16] An army patrol of the 3rd Battalion, The Parachute Regiment, entered the house and waited for half an hour. Bernadette Devlin McAliskey has claimed they were waiting for the couple to die. Another group of soldiers then arrived and transported her by helicopter to a nearby hospital.[17] The paramilitaries had torn out the telephone and while the wounded couple were being given first aid by the newly arrived troops, a soldier ran to a neighbour's house, commandeered a car, and drove to the home of a councillor to telephone for help. The couple were taken by helicopter to hospital in nearby Dungannon for emergency treatment and then to the Musgrave Park Hospital, Military Wing, in Belfast, under intensive care.[18][19] The attackers, Ray Smallwoods, Tom Graham (38), both from Lisburn, and Andrew Watson (25) from Seymour Hill, Dunmurry, were captured by the army patrol and subsequently jailed.[20] All three were members of the South Belfast UDA. Smallwoods was the driver of the getaway car.[21]
A few decent squadies saved her life!

New Threads