McAuley and Walsh Helped Keep Order In Castlerea

Fraxinus

The Roscommon Herald 11 Aug edition is running a front page story of how the release of Kevin Walsh and Pearse McAuley may raise security concerns at Castlerea prison. According to the paper the two former IRA inmates helped prison officers keep order in the jail that is severly understaffed. Now there are worries that with the prison filled to capacity the prison staff will find it very difficult to keep all inmates in check.
I can't find the article on the papers' website so I don't have a link.

Supermanpolitician

The Roscommon Herald 11 Aug edition is running a front page story of how the release of Kevin Walsh and Pearse McAuley may raise security concerns at Castlerea prison. According to the paper the two former IRA inmates helped prison officers keep order in the jail that is severly understaffed. Now there are worries that with the prison filled to capacity the prison staff will find it very difficult to keep all inmates in check.
Grasping at straws.

Just Us

Now there are worries that with the prison filled to capacity the prison staff will find it very difficult to keep all inmates in check.
You mean there is no space for the FG/LP/FF/PD ministers who, not only covered up mass murder & lied to the relatives of the victims, but actively wasted taxpayers' € in collaborating with them. Aw shucks; there was silly me thinking that they were finally about to do some time for their crimes against innocent Irish people.

Fraxinus

That seems pretty worrying considering the prison is already "low security". If it's true that two inmates had to help keep order then the public and prison staff could be put at risk.

Fraxinus

You mean there is no space for the FG/LP/FF/PD ministers who, not only covered up mass murder & lied to the relatives of the victims, but actively wasted taxpayers' € in collaborating with them. Aw shucks; there was silly me thinking that they were finally about to do some time for their crimes against innocent Irish people.
Re-open Spike Island for our good friends in the political establishment.

mothball

It's low(medium) security for a reason. Most of the prisoners aren't going to cause trouble unless they're stupid. Compared to real prisons, the place is a cushy number.

RetiredProvo

Link to above comment;

Roscommon Herald: New security concerns at Castlerea Prison

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Ah - good to see the Roscommon Herald fall for the spoofing unit of the IPOA

Also WTF did the journalist mean by this passage:

It is understood that even prison officers had to knock on the door of the IRA prisoners’ house and they would only communicate with sexual offenders when they received a written request.
cYp

absconded

You mean they were Free State Collaborators? Traitors to both sides then.
Hope martin isn´t reading this or he´ll regret collecting his gang members from jail.

Northsideman

And all the effort Ferris put in to"helping him out". Mary Lou will finally say enough is enough ?
The AC will have to vet her statement, must have been a few late night con calls on this one.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
And all the effort Ferris put in to"helping him out". Mary Lou will finally say enough is enough ?
Two chances.

If a SF rep collecting Garda killers is not objectionable, if bringing a child rapist door to door as the face of the party is not enough, this won't prompt any change in her attitude.

And in fairness to SF, this latest allegation is unproven, and unlike the above issues has not received the seal of approval from the party leadership.

Eoin Coir

Two chances.

If a SF rep collecting Garda killers is not objectionable, if bringing a child rapist door to door as the face of the party is not enough, this won't prompt any change in her attitude.

And in fairness to SF, this latest allegation is unproven, and unlike the above issues has not received the seal of approval from the party leadership.
Ah but to think the way he has let them down and all those back roads in Roscommon which Ferris had to traverse ? I think he actually got married while on TR from Castlerea.As you say its unproven as yet and he is not charged ,so discussion is allowed lest SF & Mods get excited. SF are always on for a fair trial you know, oh wait I think there were convictions for manslaughter instead of murder, peculiar ?

NewGoldDream

Website
-
I know most Pie posters will differ, for obvious reasons, but I hope the woman survives.
The reasons are not obvious to me.

Why is it that most posters here will want her to die?

I presume it might suit SF, as we know from Aine Tyrell, the McConvilles and others that witnesses and victims of violent crime can ask awkward questions.

Eoin Coir

McAuley will have to be charged or released today.Might be an awkward day to get a district judge out for a remand hearing ?

derryman

Take a holiday lads and lasses. It Christmas day.

merry Christmas to you all.

Northsideman

Where are all the SF posters this morning, awaiting the authorised AC line.

Hope this woman is ok and god bless her poor kids, I hope someone is shielding them and Santa did not forget them in the mayhem.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies