• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

McIlroys Dilemma - Do Sport and Politics mix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drjimryan2

McIlroy admits he may not play at Olympics - RTÉ Sport

never mix sport religion and politics...they say, thankfully over the years sport has managed to stay out of it all....

Rio 2016 is 42 months away and McIlroy, a sure bet for a medal, seems to have decided to stay away......too many choices to make, to many people to hurt/offend....

Personally, I feel for him and this impossible quandry, but I ask (the great and good on here) is there a way out for McIlroy? can his participation in the games be guaranteed with a compromise or will the hardlines win out?

D

Dylan2010

does it matter? Golf is barely a sport, it is certainly not a "real" Olympic sport

JandK

He should represent according to his own personal choices and wishes and not look back. Haters gonna hate and all.

The System Works

Website
www.thesystemworks.wordpress.com
Twitter
@mendingtheworld
I feel sorry for somebody placed in this situation. What a messed up world, that he could be the subject of such vitriol for his decision. He should not deny himself a fantastic opportunity because of the ramblings of people far less talented than he is.

44percent

Not making a decision is also a decision. He's a sportsman who is denying himself the opportunity of competing for sports highest accolade. That makes no sense. He should declare for whatever country he feels suits him best and let the whingers go get stuffed.

Roisin3

He should worry about getting himself a bit of a personality first.

Analyzer

McIlroy should declare RoI. If he comes last, loads of drunken ejjets will sing two lines of one sad song for twenty minutes.

longmarch

He can't win. I would hope he declares for whoever he likes and we all just accept his choice and let him crack on with it.

We have a thousand other reasons to fight about so we should all give Rory a break

Status
Not open for further replies.