• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Mea Maxima Culpa - Silence In The House Of God

FloatingVoterTralee

Not sure if there's already a thread on this, but the IFTA-Award winning documentary about child sexual abuse in the Catholic Church is currently premiering on TV3. It details the experience of deaf children in a special school in Milwaukee - unrelentingly grim but a powerful experience.

Bill

It was mentioned and linked to on another thread.

eoghanacht

I don't know if I could take anymore.

No doubt I'd let someone have the next time they start prevaricating re: the RCC abuse scandal.

They behaved criminally and abysmally in every parish around the world where child abuse reared it's head.

I think I'll be better off not knowing the gory details of this particular set of circumstances.

Cruimh

I don't know if I could take anymore.

No doubt I'd let someone have the next time they start prevaricating re: the RCC abuse scandal.

They behaved criminally and abysmally in every parish around the world where child abuse reared it's head.

I think I'll be better off not knowing the gory details of this particular set of circumstances.
It really would be worth watching.

Mea Maxima Culpa Silence In The House Of God [Video][/Video][Video][/video]

Mitsui2

Only because it suits your anti-Catholic agenda. This stuff is like heroin to you.
Informing oneself of the facts is no crime, Rem. Though concealing them (at least in this matter) doesn't seem to be either.

lying eyes

That crowd are a bunch of sick puppies and that excuse of a human being is still allowed to be head of that organisation in this Country. What does say about us as a people?

freewillie

That crowd are a bunch of sick puppies and that excuse of a human being is still allowed to be head of that organisation in this Country. What does say about us as a people?
Just becasue you werent deemed good enough to be an altar boy you have a big grievance against the clergy

cricket

I no longer have the stomach for these horror stories.
Would just love to have the RCC removed from anything involving kids all over the world.

greenwithirony

It's clear from this documentary that the Vatican is a hostile & corrupt foreign power with whom all diplomatic ties should be severed immediately & all its vile sinister organs forcibly disbanded & expelled permanently.

Moreover, the Vatican should be brought before the ICC as soon as possible.

eoghanacht

Only because it suits your anti-Catholic agenda. This stuff is like heroin to you.
Don't shoot the messenger.

Do you think it right that JPII protected a serial sexual criminal just because he raised millions for the Church?

eoghanacht

Mr. Bumble

The same patterns seem to be prevalent in Italy too, according to this documentary. I'm going to guess that these patterns of abuse and omerta were prevalent in all Catholic countries.

Colin M

It's clear from this documentary that the Vatican is a hostile & corrupt foreign power with whom all diplomatic ties should be severed immediately & all its vile sinister organs forcibly disbanded & expelled permanently.

Moreover, the Vatican should be brought before the ICC as soon as possible.
As a contributor just said, people don't grow up there, or join a Vatican Army, or play for their soccer team. It is questionable as to whether it should be still allowed to function as a State.

NYCKY

As a contributor just said, people don't grow up there, or join a Vatican Army, or play for their soccer team. It is questionable as to whether it should be still allowed to function as a State.
There are no Vaticanians.

mr. jings

Never forget and never let them forget it. Oh, and none of that NT forgiveness stuff for them either.

pippakin

Very interesting. I totally believe them when they say there will be more scandals involving South America, Africa and India.