• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Measuring Islamophobia: Our Worst Fears Confirmed

Just seen this on the MPAC.ie website.
MPAC.ie has long bemoaned the inadequate apparatus for reporting Islamophobia, discrimination and hate crimes against Muslims in Ireland. Indeed our critics have gleefully derided our lack of statistical evidence as evidence that such crimes are merely a figment of our imagination. However a new report issued in the Limerick Student Journal of Sociology now confirms what we have known all along: Islamophobia is real, a growing threat and shows all the signs of institutional racism.
The study provides statistical information and seems fairly conclusive.

autiemom

Just seen this on the MPAC.ie website.

The study provides statistical information and seems fairly conclusive.
do you have any examples of hate crimes? im not sure its as widespread as you claim it to be. I certainly have never read/heard of any What constitutes a hate crime? Are you sure its not just the fact that muslims want to be respected and accomodated in a society they have no wish to be a part of?
I have no hatred for how anybody wishes to live their life, but i find many aspects of muslim religion/customs to be antiquated and deeply misogynistic.

former wesleyan

I thought a phobia was an irrational fear ?

eire_sai

I have no hatred for how anybody wishes to live their life, but i find many aspects of muslim religion/customs to be antiquated and deeply misogynistic.
Well said. A lot of these belief systems are non adaptable to western democracy. This is no the problem of the natives. It is up to those who
enter into western society to adapt to the new environment.

seenitallb4

I hate all minorities everywhere and at all times.

do you have any examples of hate crimes? im not sure its as widespread as you claim it to be. I certainly have never read/heard of any What constitutes a hate crime? Are you sure its not just the fact that muslims want to be respected and accomodated in a society they have no wish to be a part of?
Did you read the report before commenting? One of the issues is that there is no mechanism for reporting such crimes. If there were no such mechanism for reporting inequalities toward women would you determine from that there was no such thing as female inequality?

I'm sure Muslims want to be respected for being Muslim as much as a woman might want to be respected for being a woman etc?

The OD

Well I think coming from you, eiremuzzie, this is very relevant seeing you seem to be determined to increase the 'incidences' of Islamophobia in this country.

You probably wont be happy until white Christians are attacking defenceless Islamic women in the streets because secretly, for all the crap you post, you are little more than a sad figure who turned to Religion for whatever psychological damage you experienced. You show all the hallmarks of someone who never fitted in with their peers and now you have a chance to link up with a 'gang' and you'll 'show us all', all those bullies who laughed at you.

Predictable, boring, disturbed and slightly dangerous (to yourself more than anyone I would imagine) would be my summation of you. Personally, I hope you never get attacked for your religion, but you would love it, wouldnt you? Play the martyr, eh?

Grow up you fool, you're as transparent as a pane of glass, if I had a cent for every weed who thought they would find acceptance amongst nutters then I'd probably be as rich as the people who direct poor Muslims to die to prop up the power base of the same rich people who dont observe Islamic law like muppets like you do.

Boo hoo....poor eiremuzzie, no one loves him. Who knows, maybe someone will offload their less than glamourous daughter onto you, then you can slap her and call it your culture.

Sad b@stard.

autiemom

Well said. A lot of these belief systems are non adaptable to western democracy. This is no the problem of the natives. It is up to those who
enter into western society to adapt to the new environment.
Agreed absolutely, im sure if i went to a muslim country and "sashayed" down the main st. in a sarong, flip flops and a teeshirt(which i would consider climate appropriate and not at all provocative) they would respect my wish to be a practicing westerner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: When in rome and all that.

Well I think coming from you, eiremuzzie, this is very relevant seeing you seem to be determined to increase the 'incidences' of Islamophobia in this country.

You probably wont be happy until white Christians are attacking defenceless Islamic women in the streets because secretly, for all the crap you post, you are little more than a sad figure who turned to Religion for whatever psychological damage you experienced. You show all the hallmarks of someone who never fitted in with their peers and now you have a chance to link up with a 'gang' and you'll 'show us all', all those bullies who laughed at you.

Predictable, boring, disturbed and slightly dangerous (to yourself more than anyone I would imagine) would be my summation of you. Personally, I hope you never get attacked for your religion, but you would love it, wouldnt you? Play the martyr, eh?

Grow up you fool, you're as transparent as a pane of glass, if I had a cent for every weed who thought they would find acceptance amongst nutters then I'd probably be as rich as the people who direct poor Muslims to die to prop up the power base of the same rich people who dont observe Islamic law like muppets like you do.

Boo hoo....poor eiremuzzie, no one loves him. Who knows, maybe someone will offload their less than glamourous daughter onto you, then you can slap her and call it your culture.

Sad b@stard.
Now, now OD, don't get personal ...restrain yourself. I didn't write the report, it comes from the Department of Sociology in Limerick and dissing me doesn't change that.

autiemom

Did you read the report before commenting? One of the issues is that there is no mechanism for reporting such crimes. If there were no such mechanism for reporting inequalities toward women would you determine from that there was no such thing as female inequality?

I'm sure Muslims want to be respected for being Muslim as much as a woman might want to be respected for being a woman etc?
There was no link to the report.

Agreed absolutely, im sure if i went to a muslim country and "sashayed" down the main st. in a sarong, flip flops and a teeshirt(which i would consider climate appropriate and not at all provocative) they would respect my wish to be a practicing westerner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: When in rome and all that.
When in Rome and all that, don't be so ignorant - that's exactly what you people do when you go to Muslim lands. You act like dogs and have sex on the beach, set up illegal distilleries and then have the cheek to say when in Rome.

TheTipperaryMan

When in Rome and all that, don't be so ignorant - that's exactly what you people do when you go to Muslim lands. You act like dogs and have sex on the beach, set up illegal distilleries and then have the cheek to say when in Rome.
Well feck off back to Koranistan if you don't like it here then.

Muppet.

autiemom

A fair Unbiased reaction as expected.:)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies