Meath West: Call the next GE results

MOSS1

No I think same again. When FG appeared to be doing well a year ago I thought they might take Toibin's seat. Then came the locals and Euros and that was the end of that.
Is Cassels guaranteed the FF seat though or could Aisling Dempsey give him a run for his money? I know the Cassels family have a big and varied base in Meath (GAA, trade unions etc) but would have thought a Trim candidate would put up a good showing.

midlander12

Is Cassels guaranteed the FF seat though or could Aisling Dempsey give him a run for his money? I know the Cassels family have a big and varied base in Meath (GAA, trade unions etc) but would have thought a Trim candidate would put up a good showing.
I really wouldn't know about the personnel, my only point was about the party makeup.

topcat4

I was canvassed by Aisling Dempsey at the locals. A very nice person, but a political lightweight, hard to see how she'd push herself into contention for a Dail seat.
Then again with Noel Dempsey's input???

midlander12

Meath West:-

LE approx %'s:- FF 24%; FG 32%; SF 10%; Aontu 10%; Oths 17%

The main issue here is the fate of Aontu leader Peadar Toibin's seat, which SF will be very anxious to take back. FF and FG are sitting on 1 each and have very little hope of a second (in fact I'm not sure FF are even running a second candidate, but maybe someone can correct me on this). After that's it's anyone's guess - maybe Toibin will be more likely than SF to pick up transfers from FFers and FGers and whatever Indos there are?

On balance, FF 1, FG 1, Aontu 1.

diy01

Is Peadar Tóibín likely to be re-elected in Meath West? I noticed that FG has three candidates.

midlander12

Is Peadar Tóibín likely to be re-elected in Meath West? I noticed that FG has three candidates.
Anyone's guess as I said. If SF are really on the up again, I'd expect them to take back the seat, but that remains to be seen.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies