• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Meeting on Southside Bus Lane this evening.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
The whole thing has been a shambles. The bus lane plan is withdrawn and will be back out to Part 8 at a later date. FFS how incompetent are Limerick City Council?
You don't need the bus lane shambles to tell you that. Have a look at the city, they eyesore that has been added to one of the great building (The Carnegie Library), the fact that the base of the xmas tree is still littering the Shannon, the lack of a cinema in the city. The people of Limerick deserve a lot better than this group of useless cretins.

KingKane

Website
www.danielsullivan.ie
Twitter
kingkane
Apparently individual submissions were made re: the bus lane, around 200 or so. Now I wonder what would happen if someone were to go through those submissions and then check if the houses that complained were actually being inconvenienced by the bus lane. People saying they would lose parking who already have drive ways and room for several cars, that sort of thing.

S

SeamusNapoleon

You don't need the bus lane shambles to tell you that. Have a look at the city, they eyesore that has been added to one of the great building (The Carnegie Library), the fact that the base of the xmas tree is still littering the Shannon, the lack of a cinema in the city. The people of Limerick deserve a lot better than this group of useless cretins.
Re: the Carnegie, what's the story with that extension given I thought the building was protected?

KingsIsland

Apparently individual submissions were made re: the bus lane, around 200 or so. Now I wonder what would happen if someone were to go through those submissions and then check if the houses that complained were actually being inconvenienced by the bus lane. People saying they would lose parking who already have drive ways and room for several cars, that sort of thing.
Residents there have said that they were given a photocopied form and told on which 4 grounds to object. They were then visited up to three times by neighbours asking them explicitly whether they had objected. A list was compiled of who had. These 'neighbours' delighted in telling residents that only three or four households were in favour.

One of the four objections was that it would slow down ambulances. :lol: I kid you not. I asked one ambulance worker and their reaction was disbelief to say the least ! They believe the opposite is very much the case. However when it comes to the business of scaremongering I suppose anything is fair game. Considering 200 people put their name to that ridiculous assertion about ambulances, you would think that the newspapers might explore it. But as I have said earlier some papers talk great game about regenerating the city centre but when it involves something that might affect them or their wealthy buddies they shirk away.

stakerwallace

Residents there have said that they were given a photocopied form and told on which 4 grounds to object. They were then visited up to three times by neighbours asking them explicitly whether they had objected. A list was compiled of who had. These 'neighbours' delighted in telling residents that only three or four households were in favour.

One of the four objections was that it would slow down ambulances. :lol: I kid you not. I asked one ambulance worker and their reaction was disbelief to say the least ! They believe the opposite is very much the case. However when it comes to the business of scaremongering I suppose anything is fair game. Considering 200 people put their name to that ridiculous assertion about ambulances, you would think that the newspapers might explore it. But as I have said earlier some papers talk great game about regenerating the city centre but when it involves something that might affect them or their wealthy buddies they shirk away.
This is, of course , pandering to a lobby group, and ignoring the welfare of the great majority. Ballinacurra and O' Connell Avenue, if you choose to live there, is very obviously a main thoroughfare into the city and parking conveniences are not an added bestowed extra and certainly not an eternal right.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies