Mega TSUNAMI could come our way ( and a Hurricane sooner .. )

robut

Mega TSUNAMI could come Irelands way ( and a Hurricane sooner .. )

Fears that La Palma volcano could erupt sparking mega tsunami that will engulf Ireland

Experts are fearful that a volcano in La Palma could be about to erupt after 40 tremors in just 48 hours at the popular tourist hotspot.

There are concerns that if the volcano blows, it could spark a mega tsunami which would affect Ireland, as well as Spain and the US' east coast.
If it was to blow, Cumbre Vieja could cause a mega tsunami . Some experts believe the volcano is in the initial stages of failure, meaning a big enough eruption could cause a massive landslide to enter the Atlantic Ocean.

It could result in waves as high as 600m, travelling at around 450mph meaning the African coast would be submerged within an hour, and the southern coastlines of Ireland and the British Isles in just three and a half hours.
And then this for the weekend coming:

Storm Ophelia strengthens to a hurricane as it heads for Ireland bringing warmer weather - then wind and rain

Tropical Storm Ophelia has strengthened into a hurricane as it heads towards Ireland.

Temperatures could reach 20C over the weekend, while Met Eireann are predicting a "stormy day" on Monday.

The weather system is set to send the mercury climbing up to six degrees above normal for the time of year in a rush of warm air preceding the storm.

[video=youtube;6utAunBKXV4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6utAunBKXV4[/video]

The end is nigh :D

Last edited:

pumpkinpie

I think Ophelia is expected to miss us now, it's turning west I think. That's an ''interesting'' graphic.

the secretary

It will only be a storm.
The huge tsunami won't destroy our coastline like many hope.

redhead

Do you know what time it's likely to hit? Only, I've left some clothes out on the line...

Volatire

The rutas de las volcanes on La Palma is just a fantastic hike.

If you have not already done it, highly recommended before it slides into the sea.

the secretary

Watch this though .. 5 mins long:

[video=youtube;6utAunBKXV4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6utAunBKXV4[/video]
If you scan YouTube long enough you can come across almost anything.

robut

I suppose y'all will be delighted .. Bang goes the Independent republic of Cork if this happens :D

At least i am up on a hill, will keep ye posted as the wall of water approaches :D

jmcc

I suppose y'all will be delighted .. Bang goes the Independent republic of Cork if this happens :D

At least i am up on a hill, will keep ye posted as the wall of water approaches :D
And most of Dublin.

Northsideman

Northsideman

Accidental sock

At sea level you'd be goosed, 10m plus and a wee bit inland should be okish.
I live in Midlands Ireland....irrespective of the weather or height above sea level.....I haven't felt "okish" for a very long time.

dizillusioned

At least the ESB can't be blamed this time..;)

Degeneration X

New Threads

Most Replies