• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Melania Trump will make a great First Lady.

Jack Walsh

The angle of her elbow looks weird too. Who has an elbow that bends sideways from a vertical upper arm like that?
It's also very odd that she is pushed out so completely from the conversation by the male soldier in front of her. Amd what is he doing with his hand? No, I think she has been added into that picture.
There is almost nothing about Trump and his family that is real or genuine, including of course their bodies, the only one in the family with real tits is Donald!
It's almost all BS, lies, fabrications, embellishments, distortion, exaggeration.
Every claim they make about themselves is BS, their height, weight, their wealth, their achievements, their charity contributions, their tax affairs, their **** size, the lot, it's all a big steaming pile of BS
Total fake universe, and his fans don't care, most of them know it's all of this and more.
"Ok, it's a photoshop, big deal so what? Here look at a picture of Joe Biden molesting a child who is crying. It's a fake, a photoshop, but so what, he's a pedophile and this proves it.."

Absolute and total nutcases

Herr Rommel

The angle of her elbow looks weird too. Who has an elbow that bends sideways from a vertical upper arm like that?
It's also very odd that she is pushed out so completely from the conversation by the male soldier in front of her. Amd what is he doing with his hand? No, I think she has been added into that picture.
My missus is right when she says good looking ladies always get put down by lesser women.

O'Sullivan Bere

An incredible young woman who is living the American dream.
Nothing incredible about her story insofar as earned and she's middle aged. As for the AD, she believes in practice that it only applies to her, including how she's used and broken the immigration rules.

petaljam

My missus is right when she says good looking ladies always get put down by lesser women.
You clearly can't be referring to me then, because if you read everything I've ever said about Melania you'll find nothing very negative about her, in fact I feel rather sorry for her and have said so.

Saying the picture looks faked is not saying anything about her.

GDPR

Jesus wept, our posters are inventing "missuses" now who back up their inanities.

There have been plenty of really dowdy First Ladies, women who knew not how to get a decent fitting brassiere, and they were adored. Take Mamie Eisenhower or Eleanor Roosevelt. The USA loved them. The USA does not love Mel. The USA isnt even vaguely interested in her, and that is the truth.

O'Sullivan Bere

Jesus wept, our posters are inventing "missuses" now who back up their inanities.

There have been plenty of really dowdy First Ladies, women who knew not how to get a decent fitting brassiere, and they were adored. Take Mamie Eisenhower or Eleanor Roosevelt. The USA loved them. The USA does not love Mel. The USA isnt even vaguely interested in her, and that is the truth.
Hehe true...a great number of the Presidents had lookers for wives, including top heavy ones as you noted. They've generally been given good marks not due to their looks but due to their character. They've liked the more homely ones too for the same reasons.

The American people have even been charitable to First Ladies that haven't been up to scratch in whole or in part for just cause. For example, Franklin Pierce's wife buried herself from public view due to chronic depression. She lost all three of her children (boys) including the last one at age 11 when he was run over by a train before his mother's and father's eyes before Franklin Pierce's Presidential inauguration. The final child death tragedy also impaired Franklin Pierce's performance in office where, combined with poor overall judgement, he wound up one of the worst performing Presidents to date.

Pierce's case is said to be a reason why Joe Biden declined to run in 2016 due to the recent loss of his son Beau in conjunction with his prior family tragedy loss because he knew how grief can harm performance.

GDPR

Hehe true...a great number of the Presidents had lookers for wives, including top heavy ones as you noted. They've generally been given good marks not due to their looks but due to their character. They've liked the more homely ones too for the same reasons.

The American people have even been charitable to First Ladies that haven't been up to scratch in whole or in part for just cause. For example, Franklin Pierce's wife buried herself from public view due to chronic depression. She lost all three of her children (boys) including the last one at age 11 when he was run over by a train before his mother's and father's eyes before Franklin Pierce's Presidential inauguration. The final child death tragedy also impaired Franklin Pierce's performance in office where, combined with poor overall judgement, he wound up one of the worst performing Presidents to date.

Pierce's case is said to be a reason why Joe Biden declined to run in 2016 due to the recent loss of his son Beau in conjunction with his prior family tragedy loss because he knew how grief can harm performance.
It is the worlds worst job, because it is totally meaningless constitutionally, but right from the bloody get go, the American people absolutely insisted they wanted the Presidents wife to be the focus of popular attention. And if he didn't actually have one, then a daughter or neice, or some woman in the White House as chatelaine. They were firm on that. It is what they demand and expect. So you have to do it, and Mel just cannot or will not, or both.

Its all part and parcel of the disaster. This sort of thing makes Americans feel a bit frayed, I reckon. It is like "Change and Decay In All Around I See."

O'Sullivan Bere

It is the worlds worst job, because it is totally meaningless constitutionally, but right from the bloody get go, the American people absolutely insisted they wanted the Presidents wife to be the focus of popular attention. And if he didn't actually have one, then a daughter or neice, or some woman in the White House as chatelaine. They were firm on that. It is what they demand and expect. So you have to do it, and Mel just cannot or will not, or both.

Its all part and parcel of the disaster. This sort of thing makes Americans feel a bit frayed, I reckon. It is like "Change and Decay In All Around I See."
It's been a demanding 'job' without due credit of course, all due IMO to the traditional role of misogyny that even the West has only recently made due efforts to correct.

The US owes many great debts to great First Ladies insofar as influencing good policy and 'covering for their men' when not up to scratch and/or screwing up such as taking the silent brunt of illicit affairs and whatnot. That goes back to great 'advisors' and 'handlers' like Dolly Madison and Abigail Adams with the nation's founders, the latter of which even advised her husband during the Continental Congress that led to the Declaration of Independence to "remember the ladies" (they didn't). First Ladies like Edith Wilson even effectively ran the WH after her husband Woodrow's stroke.

This has always been a common story in any male-dominated governance and society, which has always been almost all of them. Hell, you can cite a great number of past queens and consorts that were the real brains and saviours behind regimes in Europe for example.

Sidenote: the now late Barbara Pierce Bush, wife of the now late George HW Bush, and father of Dubya, is a distant cousin of POTUS Franklin Pierce.

GDPR

It's been a demanding 'job' without due credit of course, all due IMO to the traditional role of misogyny that even the West has only recently made all due efforts to correct. The US owes many great debts to many great First Ladies insofar as influencing good policy and 'covering for their men' when not up to scratch and screwing up. That goes back to great 'advisors' and 'handlers' like Dolly Madison and Abigail Adams, the latter of which even advised her husband during the Continental Congress that led to the Declaration of Independence to "remember the ladies" (they didn't). First Ladies like Edith Wilson even effectively ran the WH after her husband Woodrow's stroke. This was a common story in any male-dominated governance...hell, you can cite a great number of queens and consorts that were the real brains and saviours behind regimes.

Sidenote: the now late Barbara Pierce Bush, wife of the now late George HW Bush, and father of Dubya, is a distant cousin of POTUS Franklin Pierce.
Indeed. I remember reading that when the first American President, George Washington, of course, was inaugurated, everyone agreed that he did exactly the right thing - distanced himself from all accusations of being "A King of America" by walking along humbly, and bare-headed to his swearing-in.

BUT in the classic American style, having congratulated themselves on this break with the European order, they set to demanding that Martha Washington should have ladies-in-waiting and a "court" to which genteel people were invited! You simply cannot make it up, but that is the American way.

Damn sure, First Ladies had to be clever and hard as nails. Bill Clinton was only stating the obvious when he said "Two for the price of one." :)

O'Sullivan Bere

Indeed. I remember reading that when the first American President, George Washington, of course, was inaugurated, everyone agreed that he did exactly the right thing - distanced himself from all accusations of being "A King of America" by walking along humbly, and bare-headed to his swearing-in.

BUT in the classic American style, having congratulated themselves on this break with the European order, they set to demanding that Martha Washington should have ladies-in-waiting and a "court" to which genteel people were invited! You simply cannot make it up, but that is the American way.

Damn sure, First Ladies had to be clever and hard as nails. Bill Clinton was only stating the obvious when he said "Two for the price of one." :)
Indeed. HRC tried to break the mould by having an 'overt' First Lady in such always existing influences, and the backlash is well noted and continuing. It sucks to be a first in so many acts of progress.

That includes the rest of what you said. Progress is most often incremental. No doubt the nation's founders were attempting progress based on the ideas of the Enlightenment and John Locke, etc, but as we know it suited native WASPs with economic and social status. The rest of the expanding progress took its time and still does.

That process also obviously requires working the issues out to the conclusions. Sometimes we take for granted the 'obviousness' of the right results in later times. I love this scene from the John Adams miniseries that goes right to the debate over peerage/titles you mentioned and it's historically accurate in portrayal:
[video=youtube;ENMwYMtBGA8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENMwYMtBGA8[/video]

GDPR

Indeed. HRC tried to break the mould by having an 'overt' First Lady in such always existing influences, and the backlash is well noted and continuing. It sucks to be a first in so many acts of progress.

That includes the rest of what you said. Progress is most often incremental. No doubt the nation's founders were attempting progress based on the ideas of the Enlightenment and John Locke, etc, but as we know it suited native WASPS with economic and social status. The rest of the expanding progress took its time and still does as each new excluded groups says 'me too'.

That process also obviously requires working the issues out to the conclusions. Sometimes we take for granted about the 'obviousness' of the right results in later times. I love this scene from the John Adams scene that goes right to the debate over peerage you mentioned and it's historically accurate in portrayal:
[video=youtube;ENMwYMtBGA8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENMwYMtBGA8[/video]
God I loved that show, I often said "It is remarkable how something so terribly boring, loods of committee meetings, is actually gripping from beginning to end. Forget your Bravehearts, this is how a successful revolution is successful, which is what we all want." :)

I adored this scene. Adams is so WTF? One does ones duty. :)

[video=youtube;2YHl_0P2EJ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YHl_0P2EJ4[/video]

Herr Rommel

You clearly can't be referring to me then, because if you read everything I've ever said about Melania you'll find nothing very negative about her, in fact I feel rather sorry for her and have said so.

Saying the picture looks faked is not saying anything about her.
Yet the post I quoted has you body shaming her.

Herr Rommel

I don't have to invent anything we got married when it actually meant something.

O'Sullivan Bere

God I loved that show, I often said "It is remarkable how something so terribly boring, loods of committee meetings, is actually gripping from beginning to end. Forget your Bravehearts, this is how a successful revolution is successful, which is what we all want." :)

I adored this scene. Adams is so WTF? One does ones duty. :)

[video=youtube;2YHl_0P2EJ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YHl_0P2EJ4[/video]
Yes, a great series. That last scene is why he got stuck with the needling monikers "His Rotundity" and 'Duke of Braintree" (his Massachusetts home town). That's also a great scene too, and he knew full well as did King George III in the awkwardness and restraints that the latter had picked Adams for a royal position in Massachusetts after his defence of the British soldiers in the Boston Massacre incident that got Adams into hot water with the rebel-minded due to his principles that the men deserved an honest and earnest defence.

Another great scene involves his defence of those men in that series where he made the classic statement: "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence" that he borrowed from French sages.

[video=youtube;8v9prVDvr5o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v9prVDvr5o[/video]
How relevant that should be today regarding assessing Trump.

GDPR

Yes, a great series. That last scene is why he got stuck with the needling monikers "His Rotundity" and 'Duke of Braintree" (his Massachusetts home town). That's also a great scene too, and he knew full well as did King George III in the awkwardness and restraints that the latter had picked Adams for a royal position in Massachusetts after his defence of the British soldiers in the Boston Massacre incident that got Adams into hot water with the rebel-minded due to his principles that the men deserved an honest and earnest defence.

Another great scene involves his defence of those men in that series where he made the classic statement: "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence" that he borrowed from French sages.

[video=youtube;8v9prVDvr5o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v9prVDvr5o[/video]
How relevant that should be today regarding assessing Trump.
Brilliant series. I kept pivoting between Jefferson and Adams, and to my complete surprise came down on the side of ... Adams. As in he had bloody commonsense, which is not common at all. Although, lets face it, Jefferson had charisma and high intelligence, very high, and feyness, and lots of "the vision thing", he was also just - silly. Marvellous dramatisation of the various strands of personalities and politics, you almost felt you were there.

And Abigail Adams was wonderful, a real superstar. As you said earlier, society wasnt ready for that, but she did well enough with what she had. My goodness, those American women if they werent slaves actually did have a better chance than most European women at the time. The tragedy of slavery, such a criminal blot. Will the USA ever overcome this Original Sin?

O'Sullivan Bere

Brilliant series. I kept pivoting between Jefferson and Adams, and to my complete surprise came down on the side of ... Adams. As in he had bloody commonsense, which is not common at all. Although, lets face it, Jefferson had charisma and high intelligence, very high, and feyness, and lots of "the vision thing", he was also just - silly. Marvellous dramatisation of the various strands of personalities and politics, you almost felt you were there.

And Abigail Adams was wonderful, a real superstar. As you said earlier, society wasnt ready for that, but she did well enough with what she had. My goodness, those American women if they werent slaves actually did have a better chance than most European women at the time. The tragedy of slavery, such a criminal blot. Will the USA ever overcome this Original Sin?
Yes, superbly acted and so many lessons to be drawn from it. One of them in what you said is noting the issue of 'celebrity' that comes from charisma, good looks, etc. John was a portly and cantankerous and ornery sage and his wife was more popular than he was. That said, his contributions were essential to getting the democracy on sound footing and the series did the so-called 'forgotten founder' a great overdue service. You put it perfectly regarding the key roles of people like him: "It is remarkable how something so terribly boring, loods of committee meetings, is actually gripping from beginning to end. Forget your Bravehearts, this is how a successful revolution is successful, which is what we all want."

Trump is the bad side of 'celebrity'...there's too much fiction in it, appeals to emotion rather than reason, and toxic demagogy that's built up since FOX, Limbaugh, Palin etc.

IMO, the 'original sin' will last the longest, but eventually will be solved. It's been taking its course that way despite the glacier pace caused by the foot dragging efforts of the lower instincts of people.

Never Trumper conservative Kevin Williamson gets to the core of the issue with its continuing existence:
If you spend time in hardscrabble, white upstate New York, or eastern Kentucky, or my own native West Texas, and you take an honest look at the welfare dependency, the drug and alcohol addiction, the family anarchy — which is to say, the whelping of human children with all the respect and wisdom of a stray dog — you will come to an awful realization. It wasn’t Beijing. It wasn’t even Washington, as bad as Washington can be. It wasn’t immigrants from Mexico, excessive and problematic as our current immigration levels are. It wasn’t any of that.

The white American underclass is in thrall to a vicious, selfish culture whose main products are misery and used heroin needles.

Nothing happened to them. There wasn’t some awful disaster. There wasn’t a war or a famine or a plague or a foreign occupation. Even the economic changes of the past few decades do very little to explain the dysfunction and negligence — and the incomprehensible malice — of poor white America. So the gypsum business in Garbutt ain’t what it used to be. There is more to life in the 21st century than wallboard and cheap sentimentality about how the Man closed the factories down.
. . .
The white American underclass is in thrall to a vicious, selfish culture whose main products are misery and used heroin needles. Donald Trump’s speeches make them feel good. So does OxyContin. What they need isn’t analgesics, literal or political. They need real opportunity, which means that they need real change, which means that they need U-Haul.

If you want to live, get out of Garbutt.
Chaos in the Family, Chaos in the State: The White Working Class’s Dysfunction - National Review

It's always been the case. It's how poor whites in the South agreed to be cannon fodder for the Plantation class that appointed themselves Generals and Governors of their fledgling attempted Confederacy so they could permanently enslave blacks to screw poor whites out of jobs. Then, as now, those poor whites take their BS and personal failings and lacking out on collateral scapegoats grounded in inherent gender, tribal and religious entitlement guff. Trump and his true benefiting insiders trade in that for his own benefit the same way.

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies