Members of the Fine gael -Labour cabinet after the next election.

Future Irish Leader

In all likely hood it will be a fine gael labour government after the next election but who will get the key ministries will it be a labour dominated cabinet or a fine gael dominated cabinet, well at present fine gael and labour seem to be one ahead of each other in each poll so lets just say fine gael are senior partners in a coalition if you wish heres my choices for cabinet.

An Taoiseach- Enda Kenny
An Tanaiste and minister for transport-Eamon Gilmore
Minister for finance- Joan Burton
Minister for Health-James Reilly
Minister for Justice- Alan shatter
Minister for Agriculture-Andrew Doyle
Minister for foreign Affairs-Ruairi Quinn
Minister for Education-Jan O'Sullivan
Minister for environment. heritage and local government-Phil Hogan
Minister for social protection-Roisin Shorthall
Minister for enterprise trade and economic planning- Richard Bruton
Minister for communications energy and natural resources Leo varadkar
Minister for defence-Pat Rabitte
Minister community equality and gaeltacht affairs Frank Feighan
Minister for art. sport and tourism-Alex White

I welcome any feedback and opinions

Last edited:

firefly123

Would have thought Dr james Reilly FG would be the health candidate no?

firefly123

Vote welfare vote fianna fail that's why they have always got in,yet nobody will admit to voting for them!

A welfare nation of mad b@stards we are,flushing our economy down the pisshole.

While our nations whores drop their kecks our state digs deep into those pockets for spondooachs..

Whats another council house and welfare cheque for those whores all over ireland in a nation of debt?

The tough questions never get asked.. :d

vote fianna fail..
Bugger off troll.

Traharter

Sean Barrett looks like he'll be busy....suspect James Reilly and Richard Bruton would feature ahead of Frank Feighan and Andrew Doyle....

Last edited:

Future Irish Leader

OK now since i forgot reilly and bruton tis is what i expect the cabinet to look like now

Last edited:

Tea Party Patriot

Is this the same Joan Burton who had no suggestions on Prime Time the other night except "I think a pay freeze would be in order for four years", lest the CS people would get upset at mention of the cuts that will have to come.

Me thinks the lady may need to revisit her figures

dent

In all likely hood it will be a fine gael labour government after the next election but who will get the key ministries will it be a labour dominated cabinet or a fine gael dominated cabinet, well at present fine gael and labour seem to be one ahead of each other in each poll so lets just say fine gael are senior partners in a coalition if you wish heres my choices for cabinet.

An Taoiseach- Enda Kenny
An Tanaiste and minister for transport-Eamon Gilmore
Minister for Health-James Reilly
Minister for Justice- Alan shatter
Minister for Agriculture-Andrew Doyle
Minister for foreign Affairs-Ruairi Quinn
Minister for Education-Jan O'Sullivan
Minister for environment. heritage and local government-Phil Hogan
Minister for social protection-Roisin Shorthall
Minister for enterprise trade and economic planning- Richard Bruton
Minister for communications energy and natural resources Leo varadkar
Minister for defence-Pat Rabitte
Minister community equality and gaeltacht affairs Frank Feighan
Minister for art. sport and tourism-Alex White

I welcome any feedback and opinions
I believe it would be a waste to put Ruairi Quinn in Foreign Affairs. Either he goes back into Finance or he becomes Minister for Education.

In light of the George Lee debacle, I have big concerns about Richard Bruton as a Minister. Not because George Lee was anything special, but by all accounts, in the time Lee was in the Dail, Bruton barely spoke to him. How inclusive is that ? If I were Kenny, I would be looking to use my 12 Taoiseach's picks to bring in a number of the top Economists as Senators and that would require having the Minister for enterprise trade and economic planning, leading that team with the task of planning our way out of this mess and restructuring our economy so that we give ourselves a sound footing for the future. If Bruton was a gob************************e to one, what would he be like with a team of them ?

As a dark horse, I'd mention Sean Sherlock as a possible Minister for Agriculture.

Tea Party Patriot

I believe it would be a waste to put Ruairi Quinn in Foreign Affairs. Either he goes back into Finance or he becomes Minister for Education.

In light of the George Lee debacle, I have big concerns about Richard Bruton as a Minister. Not because George Lee was anything special, but by all accounts, in the time Lee was in the Dail, Bruton barely spoke to him. How inclusive is that ? If I were Kenny, I would be looking to use my 12 Taoiseach's picks to bring in a number of the top Economists as Senators and that would require having the Minister for enterprise trade and economic planning, leading that team with the task of planning our way out of this mess and restructuring our economy so that we give ourselves a sound footing for the future. If Bruton was a gob************************e to one, what would he be like with a team of them ?

As a dark horse, I'd mention Sean Sherlock as a possible Minister for Agriculture.

In fairness to Bruton he was just doing what any politician would; alienate your closest rival as much as possible and make him look as bad as possible. There would be a big difference between dealing with other economists and someone breathing down your neck for the finance spokesman’s job.

Rocket Man

Unfortunately the reality is that geography will play a more important role in deceiding whose in and whose out than ability.

The big issue here will be the dublin-centric nature of the potential cabinet.

For Labour Gilmore, Burton, Quinn and Rabbitte are certainties.
Fine Gael has a better geographical spread but will still probably include Bruton, Reilly,Varadkar and Shatter.

This makes a total of 8 from Dublin leaving just 7 places for the rest of the country.

For Lab this would bring in Sherlock (Cork), Howlin (South East) and Jan O'Sullivan/Alan Kelly(Mid West).

FG would be looking at Hogan (South East), Deenihan (South West) and O'Dowd/McGuinness (North East).

With Kenny representing the Nothwest this would give a reasonable spread.

Last edited:

livingstone

I think it will probably end up 8 FG and 7 Labour with an FG Taoiseach and LP Finance Minister or 8 Lab and 7 FG with a Labour Taoiseach and FG Finance Minister.

If it's the latter, I would say...

Taoiseach - Eamon Gilmore
Tainiste & Minister for Foreign Affairs - Enda Kenny
Minister for Finance - Richard Bruton

Fine Gael Ministers (5 plus Kenny and Bruton)
Minister for Health - James Reilly
Minister for Transport - Simon Coveney
Minister for Environment - Phil Hogan
Minister for Defence - Leo Varadkar
Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism - Mairead McGuinness

Labour Ministers (7 plus Gilmore)
Minister for Justice - Pat Rabbitte
Minister for Agriculture - Sean Sherlock
Minister for Enterprise - Joan Burton
Minister for Education - Ruairi Quinn
Minister for Social Protection - Brendan Howlin
Minister for Communications, Energy & Natural Resources - Alex White
Minister for Community & Gaeltacht Affairs - Jan O Sullivan

dent

In fairness to Bruton he was just doing what any politician would; alienate your closest rival as much as possible and make him look as bad as possible. There would be a big difference between dealing with other economists and someone breathing down your neck for the finance spokesman’s job.
That's what worries me since the country is down the toilet, you'd have thought he'd be past that.

RahenyFG

So Michael Noonan won't be finance minister then?

subic

I'm probably voting Sinn Fein in the next election so this thread is a bit too much social engineering for me.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies