• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Memorial to IRA victims vandalised

Roaring Meg

Just Jack

Disgraceful that people just can’t leave memorials alone.

I hope whoever is responsible for this is brought to justice.

Danny10

Disgraceful that people just can’t leave memorials alone.

I hope whoever is responsible for this is brought to justice.
Should be brought to justice in true south armagh fashion. The sectarian b*****d.

theloner

Just as scummy as the morons who vandalised the Kingsmill memorial the other day. Absolute morons.

eskrimador

Between this and the scummy racism at the GAA final, one wonders why the hell gets in some people's heads.

Disgraceful

SgtBilko

Just as scummy as the morons who vandalised the Kingsmill memorial the other day. Absolute morons.
Just out of interest, how do you reconcile that comment with your little PM to me the other day?

PM TheLoner to SgtBilko

"Ooops
See there was a little painting accident at the Kinsgmill memorial last night."

theloner

Just out of interest, how do you reconcile that comment with your little PM to me the other day?

PM TheLoner to SgtBilko

"Ooops
See there was a little painting accident at the Kinsgmill memorial last night."
You want to make PMs public, Bilko?

SgtBilko

You want to make PMs public, Bilko?
No problem whatsoever. I wouldn't put anything in a PM that would contradict anything I'd put in the public forum. Nor would I PM you anything I wouldn;t be prepared to say to your face (and trust me....I'd love that opportunity).

It's all about being two faced. Some people are, some people aren't.

vinoboy

Sending taunting pm's to other posters is not right in my opinion ,never done it ,never will .Taking things a bit too far and a bit sick and cowardly.

former wesleyan

Why don't they report what the sectarian grafitti was instead of being coy about it ? And I mean this across the board, not just this incident.

eskrimador

Why don't they report what the sectarian grafitti was instead of being coy about it ? And I mean this across the board, not just this incident.
Apply FJH's catchphrase. Lives, destroyed communities, attacks like this, racist attacks are all worth ignoring for the price of the pretence that there is a mechanism of some sort at work here. There isn't.

DT123

Apply FJH's catchphrase. Lives, destroyed communities, attacks like this, racist attacks are all worth ignoring for the price of the pretence that there is a mechanism of some sort at work here. There isn't.
I agree with your statement.The problem is that if the DUP and SF can't agree to work towards something that everyone can agree on and support,wether that be "NI" identity, some form of federalism or whatever.Then we are headed down a road that will end in a return to violence of one form or another.

The crowing over the flag issue and potential nationalist gains in the census figures,are all well and good,democracy in action etc etc.The enjoyment of rubbing loyalist noses in this will soon be tempered, if a few less than cool heads decide to start killing people over it.

Mickeymac

Not long after a War Memorial is vandalised in Glenavy we have the Memorial to innocent victims vandalised.

Memorial to IRA victims vandalised - Northern Ireland, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

BBC News - Glenavy war memorial damaged in paint attack

Is this the respect and equality yon Jim McVeigh is on about.

Sinn Fein minister found guilty of discrimination | UK news | guardian.co.uk

I think not!!!

One question Meg, why did you and your ilk not condemn the desecration of graves in Carnmoney cemetery by loyalist mobs where Robert McCartney is buried, afterall people like you 'mourned deeply' at his demise.?

Narcissist

I think the vast majority of people, on both sides, agree that memorials should be left well alone. Whether you agree with the memorial is immaterial. You will always see youths attacking memorials unfortunately, and it's certainly not unique to a specific community. I don't see how it can change really, hoods will be hoods etc etc.

former wesleyan

But I'm suggesting that they could, across the board , balance this shyte out. I'm not suggesting an agenda. Leaving the news item as " sectarian graffitti " is a bit limp wristed.

Mackers

Naked sectarian ghouls engaging in a disgraceful action.

eskrimador

I agree with your statement.The problem is that if the DUP and SF can't agree to work towards something that everyone can agree on and support,wether that be "NI" identity, some form of federalism or whatever.Then we are headed down a road that will end in a return to violence of one form or another.

The crowing over the flag issue and potential nationalist gains in the census figures,are all well and good,democracy in action etc etc.The enjoyment of rubbing loyalist noses in this will soon be tempered, if a few less than cool heads decide to start killing people over it.
Cheers.

The thing over the flag is symbolic. Just like twats in the republican camp disgrace their culture and heritage, so do unionists. It's something they brought upon themselves. Moreover, it was unionists that ascribed BCC as their bastion with things such as Belfast Says No. Maybe a, then, majority of Belfast said no but Belfast did not say no.

I'll park that now. Each side is gently serving over the net like table tennis players during a warm up. That means sod all to me and they are welcome to their game but what is happening is that NI is, oddly, a worse place than it was during the troubles, be that communities or wider society and yet the game continues.

We're constantly hearin off, for example, old people being attacked in their home. Each time, a cop comes on and says they are a rarity. Being an oul lad, it takes me twice as long to piss, but I can't have the piss taken out of me. I have that thing the Letsgetalonerists hate the most, a memory. It was never like this, not even close. I remember the son of an elderly victim mention the accents of the men who attacked their father on Nolan and the guy was cut off straight away. Well. we wouldn't want to upset the cosmopolitan illusion.

As for killing people, loyalists will be allowed to flex their pumped up flab and stop to keep up their grant status. Look at how Winkie and Jim Wilson crap themselves when the finger is pointed at the UVF

death or glory

i think the saying was "Ulster Says No", i'm sure every town in the NI changed the slogan to suit them