Memories of the last ever Fianna Fáil Emperor

Andrew49

Twitter
AndrewSB49
His appearance on American Television - unforgettable!

His disappearance during the floods

His failure to seek a mandate.

anfieldabff

The man whose priorities were; himself, FF, the country.
In that order.
The man who most abused the phrase: "in the national interest"
The man who turned up late for an interview in an intoxicated state.
The man who backed Bertie, and O 'Donoghue to the hilt even when their positions were untenable.
The man who stayed in the Taoseach's job long after 90% of the electorate wanted him to resign.
The man who was an economic Treasonist

Anglo Celt

FF are not gone. They've survived the Economic War and worse. I wouldn't be surprised to see them back leading a government within one or two elections at most. Such is the predictable nature of Ireland.

culmore

Memories of fianna Fail -- they are all bad ones , now turning into horrors

oggy

FF are not gone. They've survived the Economic War and worse. I wouldn't be surprised to see them back leading a government within one or two elections at most. Such is the predictable nature of Ireland.
There is a permanent economic war and in last two years it has intensified to levels never seen before. Because we are a small vulnerable economy we have felt the full blast of the war. FG/Lab wont know what hit them when they come to office and this will be aggravated by the simple fact they will be virgins to office and very tough decisions. The door to a FF return to office will start as early as FG/Lab first 6 months in office

Anglo Celt

The door to a FF return to office will start as early as FG/Lab first 6 months in office
Depressingly, I think you're right. People get the leadership they deserve I suppose.

justme1

There is a permanent economic war and in last two years it has intensified to levels never seen before. Because we are a small vulnerable economy we have felt the full blast of the war. FG/Lab wont know what hit them when they come to office and this will be aggravated by the simple fact they will be virgins to office and very tough decisions. The door to a FF return to office will start as early as FG/Lab first 6 months in office
SCUM,each and every one of you,this folks is what were dealing with,read the parasite's post above.

oggy

SCUM,each and every one of you,this folks is what were dealing with,read the parasite's post above.
If you knew anything about scum you just might be able to climb out of it

L

longshortgrass

FG/Lab wont know what hit them when they come to office and this will be aggravated by the simple fact they will be virgins to office and very tough decisions.
Fianna Fail are due to find out soon that they will be treated like prostitutes out on the streets, except that they will be shafted and not get a tosser.

Couldnt happen to nicer jerkoffs....

Andrew49

Twitter
AndrewSB49
What tough decisions have they made - taking from the poor, from the blind, from the disabled, from children ? .... nothing tough about that.

Surely you don't mean the bank guarantee ? Sure that wasn't tough - that's Fianna Fail helping out their their mates in the banks. It has ceased to amaze me how Fianna Fail seem to inhabit a different planet to the rest of us.

And as for virgins in office ... I believe the next government will act like like the 5 wise virgins from the biblical parable and not act like the foolish virgins (or profligate whores) from the same parable.

westkerryblue

Not if the FF leadership are sentenced to treason and executed, and the entire remaining membership of the traitor faction expelled back to Britain like we did to the Black and Tans. It's a horrendous thought but why have they left the nation with no alternative?

FreshStart

1. Doing an early radio interview with a "snuffle", "nasal congestion", "bad cold", "sinus problem".
2. Jay Leno misinterpreting all of the above and inferring that he was a "drunken moron".
3. Forever defending the indefensible.
4. Reshuffling the cabinet to no effect.
5. Being cranky and gruff.

oggy

Not if the FF leadership are sentenced to treason and executed, and the entire remaining membership of the traitor faction expelled back to Britain like we did to the Black and Tans. It's a horrendous thought but why have they left the nation with no alternative?
Sure you are not talking about 77 summary executions by a certain brutal administration ? Not long ago I was pleased to be involved in the restoration of a headstone to one of those brutally murdered. This is the sort of history repeat that terrifies me about the core extremist members in FG/Lab who will take over government of this country

Soldier of Density

So many memories, all of them hideous...

(a) The countless examples of logic-defying arrogance...."I'm not a Taoiseach on probabtion"

(b) Lisbon II......even though he hadn't read it....."we're gonna keep doing this until you get it right!!!" (he never actually said that).

(c)Disappearing during the floods to avoid being associated with anything negative......which he managed to do as effectively as everything else he does!

(d)The 'teflon' nature of his time as Minister for Finance, overseeing the most negligent management of the economy since the foundation of the state

(e)His chronic deafness when it comes to hearring the voice of the electorate

(f)His outrage at being accused of economic treason.....irony, anybody??

L

longshortgrass

Sure you are not talking about 77 summary executions by a certain brutal administration ? Not long ago I was pleased to be involved in the restoration of a headstone to one of those brutally murdered. This is the sort of history repeat that terrifies me about the core extremist members in FG/Lab who will take over government of this country
I'm sure that you still have the Mauser hidden in the thatch. :D

westkerryblue

It's unpleasant I'll grant you that but it's in the national interest. It was the traitors choice and ye took it. British informers and spies were executed during the war of independence. What's the difference? I find the very suggestion that you and the remainder of your traitor faction continue to exist in our nation, as dangerous to the very existence of our state. Its like the idea of allowing the Black and Tans to run the country after independence. It shouldnt even be thought of and the very mention of it just shows how deluded ye really are. If you are really that terrified of justice why dont you just leave the country voluntarily? Oh and don't even try to compare yerselves with those 77. At least they fought for something and believed in this country. There is no comparison between FF 1927 and 2010

oggy

It's unpleasant I'll grant you that but it's in the national interest. It was the traitors choice and ye took it. British informers and spies were executed during the war of independence. What's the difference? I find the very suggestion that you and the remainder of your traitor faction continue to exist in our nation, as dangerous to the very existence of our state. Its like the idea of allowing the Black and Tans to run the country after independence. It shouldnt even be thought of and the very mention of it just shows how deluded ye really are. If you are really that terrified of justice why dont you just leave the country voluntarily? Oh and don't even try to compare yerselves with those 77. At least they fought for something and believed in this country. There is no comparison between FF 1927 and 2010
Listen, I detest FG in particular and your two posts confirms why

New Threads

Most Replies