• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Men opposed to Violence against Women :-)

Cato

I am opposed to non-defensive violence towards women AND men.

Antiphon

I'm opposed to any unnecessary violence against anyone, be they male or female.

Cato

When do you believe violence to be 'necessary'?

The Fusilier

What about in the case of a wife who refuses to have sex with her husband?

Christine Murray

Website
www.poethead.wordpress.com
Belly-button fluff Cactus!! the papers of Ban-Ki-Moon on rape as a tool of conflict, on forced marriage, on the negation and disenfranchisement of women are worth a read. Tokenism in political representation in theocratic /oligarichal societies is also an issue - a form of collaborationism in totalitarianism. I will link to last years VAW campaign which contains the reports when l find the link.

Antiphon

Antiphon

Belly-button fluff Cactus!! the papers of Ban-Ki-Moon on rape as a tool of conflict, on forced marriage, on the negation and disenfranchisement of women are worth a read. Tokenism in political representation in theocratic /oligarichal societies is also an issue - a form of collaborationism in totalitarianism. I will link to last years VAW campaign which contains the reports when l find the link.
Are you opposed to female violence against men, dot? What about women using their wares to entice and ensnare - is that OK?

Antiphon

Christine Murray

Website
www.poethead.wordpress.com
Coelho represents civil society , as did the signatories of the Eastern/Western one million signature campaigns be they writers, artists, journos, bloggers- those that are brutalised in order that false and inadequate regimes dominate. Mostly they are non-partisan.

Cato

When there is a legitimate Sharia reason
Thought so. Your definition of necessary violence is a little broader than would be typical of a civilized person. Yours is a brutal and barbarous culture.

Spacewagon

But what if they provoke it ?

What if a woman assaults a man, is he not allowed to defend himself ?

Is this not double standards. If a woman wants "equality" but still wants to claim unfair treatment because she is a woman ?

Can some woman explain to me,why, if I stick a knife in my wives back and kill her, there is a pretty large chance that I will be heading for the Joy doing a life sentence, even if I claim that I have been physically, mentally, verbally and/or sexually abused by her, yet, if she stuck a knife in my back and claimed the above, she'd be doing 3-5, with two years suspended, in the Dochas centre learning how to be a hairdresser off the Scissor Sisters

Equality ladies ?

SevenStars

I am opposed to Paul Coelho's turgid fiction.
I can think of stronger words than turgid. Sentimental drivel that mask intellectual disintergration and crude self assertion.

Its mental though how many people who you think would know better recommend "The Alchemist" though...

His approach towards surface problemns without addressing their structural context is rather typical as regards the OP.

Boring. Boring. Boring.