Merkel - "Euro in Exceptionally serious situation amid Irish Bailout"

Cassandra Syndrome

Lovely, the elite are sweating and twitching.

Just keep doing nothing.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel said the prospect of serial European bailouts was “exceptionally serious,” sending the euro to a three-month low as officials estimated saving Ireland will cost 85 billion euros ($114 billion).

Irish bonds dropped and the premium that investors demand to hold Spanish debt over German counterparts jumped to a euro- era record as the relief rallies triggered by Ireland’s Nov. 21 aid request evaporated. Traders are now betting the turmoil that started in Greece a year ago will spread to Portugal and Spain.

“The markets currently have virtually zero confidence that the bailout in Ireland will solve the European crisis,” Charles Diebel and David Page, fixed-income strategists at Lloyds TSB Corporate Markets in London, said in a note today. “With markets effectively in a position to dictate policy, the risk is that the credibility crisis shifts to more sizeable European Union countries and thereby poses a greater risk to the system as a whole.”
Merkel Points to

BrendanGalway

So what the Hell is the point of us taking on all that Debt?! Even Merkel is voicing concerns in Public. This is Suicide.

Default. Its going to happen eventually.

BlackLion

Merkel has done more damage to the euro than the PIIGS will ever do.

sport02

Anybody getting sick and tired of this tyrant, she is becoming extremely annoying, nearly as bad Brian Clowen and Gormless Gormley.

Squire Allworthy

No I think she may be doing you all a favour. Question is what are her motives? Where does she think she is leading Germany?

You would think by now that someone would have produced some coherent Eurozone wide proposal that was vaguely plausible. Tells you all you need to know about the current state of politics at European level. Lots of little politicians with limited vision.

Vote_No_on_Everything

So what the Hell is the point of us taking on all that Debt?! Even Merkel is voicing concerns in Public. This is Suicide.

Default. Its going to happen eventually.
The point in us taking on all that dept is so that the elite oligarachs can live for free on the interest which you will pay on all that dept.
Remember bailouts from eu/imf are loans which have to be repaid in full.
don't confuse this with the bailouts of Irish Banks with Irish Taxpayers money which will never be paid back to the Irish tax payers.

The cleverly use the word Bailout in do very different situations to rob you.

vanla sighs

We need to default. It is a waste of time, effort and money to take a bailout (not to mention the pain, suffering, hardship and violence) The contagion has spread. The whole idea of the bailout was to stop contagion but it's too late for that now.

I'd rather the euro falls than Ireland falls. I'd rather the EU falls than Ireland falls. We pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and get on with life in a Ireland not crippled with EU/IMF debt. Chopra it's ok, you can home now. If we're so stupid as not to default now, it will only be a matter of time.

thegreyfox

All Merkel is saying to bond holders is if you want to lend money to a gambler you have to pay the price.Cowan hasent got a clue.God help what hes negotiated for us.He was the minister for finance who caused this,the taoiseach who has brought us to this and he's signing our future away.If Cowan could have seen beyond his nose we would not be here.We were led into this and I would not avert focus away from Bertie Ahearn as the true root cause.A manipulator who left a thick to carry the can.

Pauli

Merkel knows the Eurozone is finished. She's just getting us ready for the inevitable.
The Euro as it is currently constituted is probably toast. Merkel is merely signalling that Plan B is being dusted down and readied for implementation. Ireland will not be in Euro II.

olamp

We need to default. It is a waste of time, effort and money to take a bailout (not to mention the pain, suffering, hardship and violence) The contagion has spread. The whole idea of the bailout was to stop contagion but it's too late for that now.

I'd rather the euro falls than Ireland falls. I'd rather the EU falls than Ireland falls. We pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and get on with life in a Ireland not crippled with EU/IMF debt. Chopra it's ok, you can home now. If we're so stupid as not to default now, it will only be a matter of time.
Every sinle person in the financial world knows that Ireland will have to default in a few years .The level of debt that we are signing up to is just not possible to sustain. Why are the government signing us into slavery when the writing is on the wall that we must default-the EU know it and the IMF know it --Will somebody please stop this madness before it is too late.

king5494

The German Chancellor and the French President are preparing to ditch the pig ,Portugal ,Ireland ,Greece on the Euro alter .

They have been advised to do this to save the Franco German alliance , that' s why all these soundbites are coming out now .

Ireland is insolvent and default sooner or later is definite .

I prefer now to get it over with and begin again broke but free.

hmmm

Merkel is saying that bond-holders need to take a cut. I'm surprised (well I'm not really) at all the vitriol thrown at her by the anti-EU/Euro crowd on here, typical double standards.

sport02

Merkel is saying that bond-holders need to take a cut. I'm surprised (well I'm not really) at all the vitriol thrown at her by the anti-EU/Euro crowd on here, typical double standards.
Merkel needs to start counting to ten before she speaks.

eoghanacht

I am a Erophile but Frau Merkel can take a run and jump. We need to take care of ourselves now.

Our whole politial class have neither the wit or the will.

eoghanacht

Merkel needs to start counting to ten before she speaks.
Why? it's blatantly obvious whats happening. They are about to throw us to the wolves.

geri

Well we have another 2 weeks of stewing with no clear resolution until after the budget has passed. What will happen over the next 2 weeks?

Mister men

The euro will fall within the year. It's inevitable tbh.

Mister men

The German Chancellor and the French President are preparing to ditch the pig ,Portugal ,Ireland ,Greece on the Euro alter .

They have been advised to do this to save the Franco German alliance , that' s why all these soundbites are coming out now .

Ireland is insolvent and default sooner or later is definite .

I prefer now to get it over with and begin again broke but free.
The logical answer, which is why the elite here will never do it.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies