• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Meteor launches Irish voicemail service celebrating the Irish language

Evil Eco-Fascist

Síle Seoige is unveiled as the Voice of Meteor Irish Voicemail

Monday, 18th January 2010: Irish mobile phone network operator Meteor has today launched a new, innovative, first to market, Irish voicemail service available exclusively to all Meteor customers. Launched with Gaeilgeoir Síle Seoige, the new messaging service allows Meteor customers to use the ‘cúpla focal in a small way each day.

In order to access the Irish voicemail service, Meteor customers simply dial 171, then from the menu choose option 4 mailbox preferences and then option 9 to choose mailbox language.
Full press release here.

The Caped Cod

It's nice that they are supporting the Irish language, now if we could just get them to stop disguising their city masts as drain pipes and chimenys in case people complain about having them on the roof of their building we'd be motoring.

Riadach

Oh right well......

silly boys...muffle muffle

waste of private money.....snuffle wuffle

donate it to blind charities... huffle duffle.

dead language.. bing.

Evil Eco-Fascist

Oh right well......

silly boys...muffle muffle

waste of private money.....snuffle wuffle

donate it to blind charities... huffle duffle.

dead language.. bing.
Don't forget - "When's the Latin version coming out? *snigge r* *snigge r*".

netwhizkid

Vodafone globalised brand everywhere

O2 same

3 Similar being from Hong Kong except a truly evil company

Tesco Mobile lol!

Meteor, Eircoms arm owned by By Eircom and thus by STT and by default the Singapore Government.

Meteor 100% Irish gaelgori me ar$e, I see this as green (as in irish) washing to try and distinguish themselves as "Irish" from the rest. I have more respect for Vodafone who has sponsored Clare GAA and now the Dubs as having contributed to our "culture" than Meteor have by promoting a dead language whos only existence is possible by pouring in state money to the jabba the hut it has become. How many morons will go fiddling with their phones and set it to Irish by mistake and not be able to set it back as they won't under stand the commands in Gaelic!

Riadach

It was post 5 estragon, you lose.

CookieMonster

Vodafone globalised brand everywhere

O2 same

3 Similar being from Hong Kong except a truly evil company

Tesco Mobile lol!

Meteor, Eircoms arm owned by By Eircom and thus by STT and by default the Singapore Government.

Meteor 100% Irish gaelgori me ar$e, I see this as green (as in irish) washing to try and distinguish themselves as "Irish" from the rest. I have more respect for Vodafone who has sponsored Clare GAA and now the Dubs as having contributed to our "culture" than Meteor have by promoting a dead language whos only existence is possible by pouring in state money to the jabba the hut it has become. How many morons will go fiddling with their phones and set it to Irish by mistake and not be able to set it back as they won't under stand the commands in Gaelic!
What?

CookieMonster

Meteor are using this as a stunt to try and emphasise their "Irishness" when they are no more Irish than Barrack Hussein Bin Osama II. Can I dumb it down any further?
No. I think you're about as dumb as it gets.

redneck

Ba mhaith liom chomgairdeachas a dhéanamh go dtí Meteor. I'll certainly use it.