• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

MI6 Codebreaker "locked himself in holdall"

Aristodemus

I am not a great believer in conspiracy theories and see them as the product of a fevered imagination, usually by someone with too much time on their hands whilst living a solitary existence in their mother's basement. However, the theories surrounding the death of Gareth Williams have now taken on more plausibility than the theory now being put forward by the authorities.

MI6 codebreaker Gareth Williams 'probably locked himself into sports bag' - Telegraph

It seems they now accept that he stripped naked, put a holdall into his bath, climbed into it and locked it. Pull the other one.
He worked in a job of a very sensitive nature, yet despite being missing for a week no-one in work reported him missing and then refused to handover files and a bag under his desk though things like that would be routine in an enquiry of this sort.
Now there is a chance that sexual deviants like Williams could be involved in bizarre sexual practices, though how you get your kicks out of being locked in a gym bag is beyond my comprehension, but on reading this I go with the conspiracy theorists. Does that mean I will have to start wearing a tinfoil hat with a propeller on it?

petaljam

I am not a great believer in conspiracy theories and see them as the product of a fevered imagination, usually by someone with too much time on their hands whilst living a solitary existence in their mother's basement. However, the theories surrounding the death of Gareth Williams have now taken on more plausibility than the theory now being put forward by the authorities.

MI6 codebreaker Gareth Williams 'probably locked himself into sports bag' - Telegraph

It seems they now accept that he stripped naked, put a holdall into his bath, climbed into it and locked it. Pull the other one.
He worked in a job of a very sensitive nature, yet despite being missing for a week no-one in work reported him missing and then refused to handover files and a bag under his desk though things like that would be routine in an enquiry of this sort.
Now there is a chance that sexual deviants like Williams could be involved in bizarre sexual practices, though how you get your kicks out of being locked in a gym bag is beyond my comprehension, but on reading this I go with the conspiracy theorists. Does that mean I will have to start wearing a tinfoil hat with a propeller on it?
Agreed that this was also my reaction, initially.

BUT - his landlord/landlady told in court of a previous incident where they had had to free him from some weird situation, I forget what now, where he had apparently been practicing escapology and had got himself stuck. I think they said there was no sexual element, he seemed to be practicing some sort of experiment sport.

(unless the conspiracy included them landlord too, of course... Who knows?). :|

But it is true that the whole business of being missing for days from work without anyone wondering really beggars belief. I wish I worked for someone like that!

ffc

I suppose you have to ask the question why would "they" decide to kill him in such a bizarre manner. If "they" wanted to get rid of him it would surely be easy to fake an accident, a fall or drowning, such events happen everyday. No publicity would ever have followed this death if the cause of death was not so strange. Why wouldn't the all powerful dark forces quietly eliminat him by more mundane methods rather than locking him in a bag so that he slowly suffocated. I would take off the tinfoil hat and come out from under the table.

Dame_Enda

He was either killed because he knew too much, or it was an accident and MI6 is covering for someone important.

Aristodemus

But it is true that the whole business of being missing for days from work without anyone wondering really beggars belief. I wish I worked for someone like that!
Typical Public Servant!

Half Nelson

But we all learned a new word (I hope).

james toney

The inquest said he was unlawfully killed,i agree with you,no need for the tin foil hat:)
Very murky though.

[video=youtube;yHr2OgnH9ik]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHr2OgnH9ik[/video]

Seanie Lemass

There have been many such deviants within British Intelligence, including at senior levels. So my instinct is that he did die as a consequence of some wierdness rather having been taken out.

CptSternn

So he locked himself in a gym bag in the hallway of his apartment complex and someone randomly carried the bag down to the kerb to be collected by the bin men. Seems legit.

Hitch 22

Surely if the British intelligence services wanted to get rid of him they would have just abducted him, driven him to some lonely out of the way place, killed him and buried him in a freshly dug hole? Nobody would know what happened to him. People go missing all the time - they commit suicide in a river or book a passage on a ferry and leap into the sea and nobody ever finds the corpse - and the file is just left open and forgotten about when other cases come up.

petaljam

So he locked himself in a gym bag in the hallway of his apartment complex and someone randomly carried the bag down to the kerb to be collected by the bin men. Seems legit.
I thought they found the holdall in the bath in his flat?
Where did you get the bit about binmen from?

Seanie Lemass

No doubt he was 'playing' with some other wierdo. They may have reasons for being discreet over that. Doubt very much it was for reasons of state.

On another intelligence related note, I wonder what the coded message they found attached to pigeon was?

Have my own theory which I may share when I check it out!

Nemesiscorporation

A question that is off topic.

Seriously want to know.

My friends have a fancy dress party coming up. How do I get a propeller onto a tin foil hat? Any links?

parentheses

Prepare for some major vilification from Ifor Bach and Rainmaker :)

cricket

Would seem to me that there was no weird carry on here except by Williams himself. It would have been much cleaner to have simply bumped him off.
As for the poster having another orgasm about a PS worker not coming in : what were they supposed to do when they couldn't contact him, put an ad on gumtree ?

Seanie Lemass

Would seem to me that there was no weird carry on here except by Williams himself. It would have been much cleaner to have simply bumped him off.
As for the poster having another orgasm about a PS worker not coming in : what were they supposed to do when they couldn't contact him, put an ad on gumtree ?

Some of those who end up in the security services obviously harbour fond memories of being humiliated and given a damn good seeing to in some of the better schools :)

cnocpm

I wouldn't read a lot into the conspiracy theories,he was probably just a bag man.

drjimryan2

2 types of security......

actual security and

lets hope please god it'll be allright if/when needed......

fire brigade, fire extinguisher, planning......

there is no excuse for not missing this guy.....sloppy stuff indeed......

NLPete

I thought they found the holdall in the bath in his flat?
Where did you get the bit about binmen from?
Same place they got the landlord and the escapology story. One shouldnt laugh..but one must.