• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Michael Lynn does a runner

kerrynorth

The Solicitor has failed to show up in Court for questioning re his property dealings. The Court has ordered his arrest although the Court has been told he is unlikely to be in the country.

Ard-Taoiseach

:shock:

This is turning into quite the case. Has he run away to the overseas property he owns in Europe?

DR Runts

They think he's in London, ****ing crook

Johnny

rockofcashel said:
He screwed the banks.. hmm .. somehow I feel .. I don't know .. ambiguous
The banks wont get screwed on this one, a chara mhóir. It'll be poor gob$hites like us who'll have to foot the bill eventually.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Johnny said:
rockofcashel said:
The banks wont get screwed on this one, a chara mhóir. It'll be poor gob$hites like us who'll have to foot the bill eventually.
I know my good friend.. it's just its nice to see them fret, even for a little while

A_man_about_a_dog

johnfás

He is in London receiving advice from a large law firm apparently. I think this is the third time he has changed his representation.

Johnny

rockofcashel said:
Johnny said:
rockofcashel said:
I know my good friend.. it's just its nice to see them fret, even for a little while
Tá fhios agam, a chara. I always think it's poetic justice to see someone stealing from a thief, though.

stanley

Surely the Court has retained his passport and given the sums involved does he not have to check in with the Keystones on a regular basis, but it is possible he could comply with both of the above and still be in London.

The OD

Well hopefully this will bring about some change in how solicitors do things. One of the worst professions to deal with, slow, expensive, arrogant and annoying. I have bought and sold 3 houses in the last 10 years and I swear I'll never move again after that. It was their 25th rate service that got me anxious, everytime.

Shakespeare was right when he wrote that the first thing to do is to kill all the lawyers.

Kf

DR Runts said:
Eh, confirming this guy is obviously not the brightest. I mean its not like it is out of the reach of the long arm of the law.

johnfás

Kf said:
DR Runts said:
Eh, confirming this guy is obviously not the brightest. I mean its not like it is out of the reach of the long arm of the law.
The guy is a crook, but maybe he is doing as reported. Seeking legal advice from a London law firm. I doubt he'd have gone to live in Fulham if he'd wanted to pull a runner.

D

Dr Jimbo

To tie in with another recurring theme: is this a good argument for introducing passport controls for travel to the UK?
How do the Schengen countries deal with fugitives who flee across state borders?

Anorakphobia

I have some sympathy.
In essence he has done what 10's of thousands of people in this country did and continue to do.
Believed in property appreciation in perpetuity and borrowed a vast multiple of his net worth to speculate on this proposition.

Anyone who borrows (or worse still let borrow by greedy lenders) in excess of 4 times a State type job's gross or say 2.5 times a regular less steady number to buy property (anywhere) is a gambler end of story.

The problem we have in Ireland is that we have created a culture of property speculation as a low/no risk game.

dub006

he is in england seeking advice from the darwins about how to hide in the open.

kerrynorth

Dr Jimbo said:
To tie in with another recurring theme: is this a good argument for introducing passport controls for travel to the UK?
How do the Schengen countries deal with fugitives who flee across state borders?
I don't think they can seek his extradition on this AFAIK. A criminal offence has not been committed, yet! Isn't this still a civil matter at this point.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies