• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Michael Martin accuses SF of "bully boy" tactics and of engaging in "intimidation".

Tough Paddy

Michael Martin accuses SF of "bully boy" tactics and of engaging in "intimidation".

In what seems a recurring and successful strategy and epitomised in many ways by the trouncing of Gerry Adams by Michael Martin in their most recent TV debate, the FF leader has taken another pop at SF!

In today’s Sun newspaper (makes a change from the Bindo, I suppose!), and in addition to holding flawed policies, Martin accuses SF of engaging in “bully boy” tactics and of containing “a certain element” who “engage in intimidation for political points”. Martin then goes on to reference a recent Siptu march in Cork in which he says he was harassed by SF members.

“Mr Martin was also anxious to dampen speculation that there could be a future link-up with Gerry Adams’ Sinn Fein, stressing: “Their policies are not compatible with ours, particularly on the economy.”

And he launched a scathing attack on Sinn Fein, accusing members of the party of harassing him during a Siptu march in his native Cork in support of home helps.

“Actions and behaviour emanating from members of that party I would have concerns about,” he said, when singling out pickets on offices of TDs.

“I think that’s wrong... they are in parliament and they can make their points of view there.

“Not all members of Sinn Fein, but a certain element engage in intimidation for political points — they did that in the North with the SDLP. There are attempting to do that down here.

“We now have a situation where city councils are being interfered with and that is dangerous. That’s what happened in the 1930s in Germany.”

I’ll never Fianna Fail back on Sinn Fein | The Sun |Irish News

Interesting to see what will be SF's response to the above?! Would they just be better of ignoring it as any discussion of the above does not suit SF politically? Martin is knowingly touching on some things that spook potential SF voters and there's nothing to be gained for SF in the highlighting and furthering of such a discussion?

Nemesiscorporation

In what seems a recurring and successful strategy and epitomised in many ways by the trouncing of Gerry Adams by Michael Martin in their most recent TV debate, the FF leader has taken another pop at SF!

In today’s Sun newspaper (makes a change from the Bindo, I suppose!), and in addition to holding flawed policies, Martin accuses SF of engaging in “bully boy” tactics and of containing “a certain element” who “engage in intimidation for political points”. Martin then goes on to reference a recent Siptu march in Cork in which he says he was harassed by SF members.

“Mr Martin was also anxious to dampen speculation that there could be a future link-up with Gerry Adams’ Sinn Fein, stressing: “Their policies are not compatible with ours, particularly on the economy.”

And he launched a scathing attack on Sinn Fein, accusing members of the party of harassing him during a Siptu march in his native Cork in support of home helps.

“Actions and behaviour emanating from members of that party I would have concerns about,” he said, when singling out pickets on offices of TDs.

“I think that’s wrong... they are in parliament and they can make their points of view there.

“Not all members of Sinn Fein, but a certain element engage in intimidation for political points — they did that in the North with the SDLP. There are attempting to do that down here.

“We now have a situation where city councils are being interfered with and that is dangerous. That’s what happened in the 1930s in Germany.”

Interesting to see what will be SF's response to the above?! Would they just be better of ignoring it as any discussion of the above does not suit SF politically? Martin is knowingly touching on some things that spook potential SF voters and there's nothing to be gained for SF in the highlighting and furthering of such a discussion?
Hmm, a case of the pot and the kettle.

They are both as bad as each other.

Also if they could form a government after the next election, then the thirst for power would be the only guiding principle for both of them, regardless of what they say.

Kev408

Well, if Michael Martin, leader of the party whose name is synonymous with corruption, spoofing and parish pump politics, says it, it must be true. :roll:

An Gilladaker

Not a mention of the oul Galway tent :lol:

turdsl

God. The headline,Fine Gael in meltdown has the flag wavers in desperation this

morning,going to be an enjoyable day. The just have to be made swallow a dose of their own

arrogance and stroke politics. now.

Kev408

You are a sun reader , who would have known !
I think it's more that he trawls everywhere for a shred of negativity about SF. Even the Sun, another bastion of honesty, will do. But what I think Paddy is doing here is trying to get FF and SF at each other's throats. The latest poll results are obviously very upsetting to FGers and result in strange bedfellows - in this case Paddy and the Sun!

Johnny

In fairness, on this issue, Mícheál Martin is talking straight*

*through his hole.

Tough Paddy

God. The headline,Fine Gael in meltdown has the flag wavers in desperation this

morning,going to be an enjoyable day. The just have to be made swallow a dose of their own

arrogance and stroke politics. now.
The same eejit with the usual FG obsession on here comes barging in to a thread to talk about FG in a thread that has nothing to do with FG! :roll:

Now, away troll with your off topic trolling... shuuuuu...

NewGoldDream

Website
-
1. It's the Sun, and so may not be true at all.

2. If true, seems a bit ott but...

3. Martin is confounding a lot of critics, incl. me, so even if I'm sceptical on this one he seems to be handling leadership well and has the right to make calls on strategy like attacking SF.

Northtipp

THE SUN ,!!!!!!!!!

Must be true. Great set of boobs on that girl though and Dear Deirdre says that girl should just sleep with her husband, brother, father and son at the same time and her sexual promiscuity problems will dissapears in one huge orgasm.

As I say, must be true.

True Republican

fianna fail are anti sinn fein and therefore anti republican, martins article is another reason for sinn fein not to touch ff with a bargepole.

edwin

fianna fail are anti sinn fein and therefore anti republican, martins article is another reason for sinn fein not to touch ff with a bargepole.
Being anti SF is being anti Republican??? What pipe have you been smoking? The day republicanism is the sole preserve of one party (particularly one that has damaged it as much as SF) is the day we should just give up and tell the brits they've won.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
And they work so well with the DUP.

It's politics. No party "owns" an ideology. And never write off what may or may not happen.

Tough Paddy

I think it's more that he trawls everywhere for a shred of negativity about SF. Even the Sun, another bastion of honesty, will do. But what I think Paddy is doing here is trying to get FF and SF at each other's throats. The latest poll results are obviously very upsetting to FGers and result in strange bedfellows - in this case Paddy and the Sun!
Dry your eyes! Now, care to deal with the the actual OP and essence of Martin's claims?! Or are you also just like the turd and devastated at the potential in Martin's comments to ruin any soon to be FF/SF coalition of marriage?!

Judging by what you've just posted, it seems so! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ps- I think you'll also find that it was actually Michael Martin who made the comments and not the Sun! Dry your eyes, indeed! :lol:

Last edited:

Tough Paddy

It's not rocket science and FF and Martin know that Gerry Adams is very much SF's weakest link! Hence, the constant attacks and attempts to draw him in to public debates.

Martin was very clever here in the outlet that he used to make his comments about SF and as alluded to in the op he is knowingly touching on something that spooks some potential SF voters into looking elsewhere.

Tough Paddy

THE SUN ,!!!!!!!!!

Must be true. Great set of boobs on that girl though and Dear Deirdre says that girl should just sleep with her husband, brother, father and son at the same time and her sexual promiscuity problems will dissapears in one huge orgasm.

As I say, must be true.
F of with the usual whataboutery and nonsense from you! Martin made the comments not the Sun.

You also have some nerve talking about credibility when you and other eejits on here regularly source the Bindo! :roll:

cillian32

Martin can make all the accusations he wants.....SF holding steady at 20% in poll;) Up 100% in two years...Poor little baby is intimidated by certain "elements" in SF :shock:Looks like we will just have to take his word for that;)

cillian32

F of with your usual whataboutery and nonsense from you! Martin made the comments not the Sun.

You also have some nerve talking about credibility when you and other eejits on here regularly source the Bindo! :roll:
Feeling a little sore today ;)...cant feel to good knowing the party that brought in the IMF have overtaken ye in the polls ....A bunch of complete wasters is what yiz are.