Michael Martin - "RTE must have balance"

DCon

He just said this on Newstalk.

I think he forgot to add that the balance must be heavily skewed towards FF.

Malbekh

He just said this on Newstalk.

I think he forgot to add that the balance must be heavily skewed towards FF.
On RTE 6-1 news, the opening slot was on NAMA and we had David Murphy interviewing some mouth for Bloxham Stockbrokers and then Tom Parlon.

End of piece.

Balance at its finest, greedy stockbrokers on one end balanced by greedy developers on the other.

twinman

On RTE 6-1 news, the opening slot was on NAMA and we had David Murphy interviewing some mouth for Bloxham Stockbrokers and then Tom Parlon.

End of piece.

Balance at its finest, greedy stockbrokers on one end balanced by greedy developers on the other.
why is tom parlon given any airtime by anybody? he's as much at fault for the property bubble as any banker or politician.

TradCat

He suggested we might have to look at the position of British newspapers in Ireland. None of that "single-market" nonsense for the Minister. Get your publications off our deliberations was the message.

The fact is that nobody is offering balance on Lisbon. Not RTE and not The Irish Times. What bothers the Minister is not lack of balance but that we might hear both sides of the story.

Victor Meldrew

They are so "Pravda" that I've almost given up on it as a news source...

sumlulu

In the last two days Newstalk have had the 2 most nauseating interviews I have ever heard! I'm undecided though as to which one was the worst, yesterday with Brian Linehan or this morning with Micheal "passionate" Martin.
Is there anything Martin isn’t passionate about? He's passionate for Lisbon and he is passionate for the All-Ireland, so much so that he is even going to skip a day of this great economic forum which is been hosted over the weekend! Maybe he's just not as passionate about the country.

Last edited:

MINISTER

Gerry Ryan bigging up bank shares at the moment.
As someone christened RTE on this site...........RTFF!

To my mind RTFF acolytes in RTE would include the following:
Marian Finnucane
Ryan Tubridy
Joe Duffy
All Pol Corrs
News Editorial Staff
Mary Wilson
Cathal McCoille
Sean Whats his face on the News at one
Rachel English

TradCat

The problem is, in the quest for "balance", the truth is often drowned out.
If you decide in advance what the truth is then there can never be balance. Let everybody have their say including the nutters. You get more truth in a free society than you ever do when someone or some institution is the guardian of the truth.

constitutionus

this from a guy who describes a european parliment group making up of MEPs from holland, france, italy, denmark and the UK as....

....UKIP.

you really cant make this up.

"balance" and micheal martin have never met so far.

EDIT.

intersting to note though in the same interview he refused to debate with COIR whove laid down the gauntlet to him. after all his lambasting of them you think he'd jump at the chance :)

Factorem

If you decide in advance what the truth is then there can never be balance. Let everybody have their say including the nutters. You get more truth in a free society than you ever do when someone or some institution is the guardian of the truth.
Truth doesn't always come about as a result of collective opinion.

CookieMonster

It seems Micheál Martin's idea of balance is talking out of both sides of his mouth.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies