• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Michael McKevitt

liam

www.michaelmckevitt.com

Michael is a political hostage framed by FBI, MI5 and assistance from An Garda Siochana. Please visit the site and read of the inustice done to Michael and his family

Thanks!

ryano

Carrier said:
Is there still problems with that site with some operating systems? A few people were saying they had problems reading some of its content.
Completely banjaxed for me (Firefox, Windows XP). All I see is a black page, and for some reason all of my menus stop working.

emmet100

Is this the same Michael McKevitt that was a member of the RIRA and that oversaw the Omagh bombing and other operations. He directed an illegal organisation that posed a direct and deadly threat to the people of Ireland and Britain. Prison is where he belongs for now.

Skin

emmet100 said:
Is this the same Michael McKevitt that was a member of the RIRA and that oversaw the Omagh bombing and other operations. He directed an illegal organisation that posed a direct and deadly threat to the people of Ireland and Britain. Prison is where he belongs for now.
I think the point of the website is notify the public of a frame up. If the details on the site are correct then it would appear he should not be in prison at all, we do live with a justice system that prefers to see gulity persons go free than innocents go to prison. I am not however saying he is innocent but I think the information on the FBI informer makes for interesting reading - if true.

david

Carrier said:
Is there still problems with that site with some operating systems? A few people were saying they had problems reading some of its content.
Safari on a Mac displays the site but there's a lot of white text on a sky blue background. Not a good idea.

Carrier

Website
www.newrepublicanforum.ie
emmet100 said:
That's interesting. How do you know he was a member of the RIRA? Did the Sunday World tell you? And if he 'oversaw' the Omagh bombing, why was he never questioned about it?

Eddie Batt

I read about the mercury allegations elsewhere.If he was convicted on false/dubious evidence does he deserve to be freed ?.

DSCH

If McKevitt was a member of the organisation that planted the Omagh bomb, then he deserves to be in prison, even if the evidence presented in court was dubious.

If McKevitt had nothing to do with the organisation that planted the Omagh bomb, or any other bomb, then his incarceration is the greatest miscarriage of justice in Irish history.

mbari hogun

Yes, DSCH, bad men should be in jail. But you can't just do somebody like that because you figure he's guilty of some sort of crime, somehow. Due process and all that, right?

If the evidence against him is dubious, which it is, he should be released. If the state can get its act together and get real evidence of a real crime, that's another story entirely.

Skin

DSCH said:
If McKevitt was a member of the organisation that planted the Omagh bomb, then he deserves to be in prison, even if the evidence presented in court was dubious.
But if the evidence was dubious that he was a member of the organistion that planted the Omagh bomb, then surely the conviction that he directed that same organisation is dubious? Yes? No?

DSCH

mbari hogun said:
Yes, DSCH, bad men should be in jail. But you can't just do somebody like that because you figure he's guilty of some sort of crime, somehow. Due process and all that, right?

If the evidence against him is dubious, which it is, he should be released. If the state can get its act together and get real evidence of a real crime, that's another story entirely.
Well do you seriously believe that by banging up McKevitt on dubious evidence (assuming he was actually involved) is the slippery slope to a police state? I'm willing to bet that it doesn't.

If McKevitt is innocent, then its up to our pious sanctimonious hacks, pressure groups and politicians to investigate and lead the campaign to get him released. As I've said, if he had nothing to do with the Omagh bomb then it is the greatest miscarriage of justice in Irish history.

Eddie Batt

Skin said:
Eddie Batt said:
I read about the mercury allegations elsewhere.If he was convicted on false/dubious evidence does he deserve to be freed ?.[/quote] :shock:

Well what do you think yourself?
I think that the american guy was effectively paid for his testimony which makes it worthless.The only guy to be convicted was convicted because of perjury.The guy from Jonesboro wont be convicted-the evidence against him is flimsy.

Skin

DSCH said:
Well do you seriously believe that by banging up McKevitt on dubious evidence (assuming he was actually involved) is the slippery slope to a police state? I'm willing to bet that it doesn't.

If McKevitt is innocent, then its up to our pious sanctimonious hacks, pressure groups and politicians to investigate and lead the campaign to get him released. As I've said, if he had nothing to do with the Omagh bomb then it is the greatest miscarriage of justice in Irish history.
1. He was not charged with the Omagh bomb
2. He was charged with directing the organisation blamed for that bombing.
3. You've just admitted his guilt is an assumption, we dont convict people in this state on assumptions and if we do then yes it is a police state.

mbari hogun

DSCH said:
mbari hogun said:

I didn't introduce the questionable logic of a slippery slope. It's wrong even if McKevitt the only one convicted based on the testimony of that American supergrass, fraudster, and occasional white-slaver David Rupert. Whether or not sham trials for dissident republicans lead to Nineteen Eighty-Four (they won't), it's still a miscarriage of justice.

It's not a question of whether McKevitt is innocent or not. It's whether he's guilty of the specific charges against him, and whether the evidence used in the trial was genuine. Pretty basic stuff.