• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Michael winner dies.

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
Film director and newspaper columnist Michael Winner has died, aged 77, his wife Geraldine has confirmed. Winner was a character it seems throughout his career in Film and restaurant reviewing. Responsible for the DEATH WISH films 1-3 in the early 70's and other B style movies.

Michael Winner - IMDb

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Prester Jim

Film director and newspaper columnist Michael Winner has died, aged 77, his wife Geraldine has confirmed. Winner was a character it seems throughout his career in Film and restaurant reviewing. Responsible for the DEATH WISH films 1-3 in the early 70's and other B style movies.

Michael Winner - IMDb

Sad news for family and friends, I assume it was coronary disease or something along those lines?
He had a very rich diet if his column was anything to go by.

Colin M

'I bought them because I hate Michael Winner. Hey Michael, I have got the pistols.' :D

Prester Jim

Apologies, he has been in bad health since eating a bad oyster and was given 18 months to live.
Sounds horrendous, he was saying he might visit Dignitas to end it all.

borntorum

He stopped writing his Sunday Times column a month or two ago. I didn't know that he was so seriously unwell

ruserious

There's no winner in any of this.

bonkers

He stopped writing his Sunday Times column a month or two ago. I didn't know that he was so seriously unwell
His column was a bit nutty but it was an enjoyable read. The readers comments were often hilarious and he seemed to enjoy taking the piss out of himself. He certainly was a character.

Hitch 22

Charles Bronson taking out the trash!

[video=youtube;jxuRGfaWxdA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxuRGfaWxdA[/video]

meriwether

I enjoyed his articles in the ST.

He was able to take it, as well as give it.

mr. jings

He never really gets props as a director, but as a Bronson fan, I'd have to say Chato's Land, The Mechanic and Death Wish are genre classics in their own right. The Big Sleep, although by no means a great film, is also worth checking out for it's London transplantation, and the amazingness that is Mitchum as Marlowe.

Hitch 22

Winner was class.

[video=youtube;6Ge2Slg56FI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ge2Slg56FI[/video]

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
Apologies, he has been in bad health since eating a bad oyster and was given 18 months to live.
Sounds horrendous, he was saying he might visit Dignitas to end it all.
is that for real? an oyster. I knew it was liver failure.

meriwether

Hitch22, do you have some form of unresolved childhood issue that leaves you constantly fixated with violence and machismo?

Davidoff

Is it cruel to say that I don't care?

It's sad for the family. But he was just a B-list British celebrity who made some money producing violent films.

Hitch 22

Hitch22, do you have some form of unresolved childhood issue that leaves you constantly fixated with violence and machismo?
Goddamn right I do!:cool:

What a score from this Michael Winner movie!

[video=youtube;5Dw-_sxDk7A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Dw-_sxDk7A[/video]