• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Micheál Martin accuses government of neglecting the North.

Protestant/Catholic=Irish

In Fianna Fáil's annual commemorate for the cameras ceremony at Bodenstown, Martin accused the government of having the bare minimum amount of meetings concerning the North.

So basically, he accused the government of treating the North like Fianna Fáil ministers treated European meetings during their tenure of begging for economic help, i.e. they were practically a no-show.

That said, we all know of Fine Gael's opposition to republicanism and Labour's ignorance of it. Fianna Fáil, on the other hand, are the republican party (according to nobody but the aul ones in that shambles of a party). They totally ignore the electorate there and, in all their years in government, did nothing to advance republicanism in any way, shape or form except follow Sinn Féin and the SDLP's lead in establishing peace in the North.

Obviously, anyone with a brain would realise that these comments are aimed at conservative republican voters who are between two minds as to vote for FF or SF.

He also accused SF, who have sacrificed the most to make the peace process work, of putting political advantage ahead of the common good. One wonders what FF have done to advance the goal of peace on this island, or to advance the goal of republicanism at that.

Micheal Martin accuses Government of neglecting Northern Ireland - RT News

Marcos the black

Well FF are the "Republican Party" after all... You know, defend the Republic, it's economy, it's people and all that stuff. Remember?

Analyzer

I think based on the grovelling that is going on by Irish politicians in the EU, and the continued handing over of billions to the Anglo Bondholders, and AIB bondholders, it is ver clear that the government is neglecting the taxpayers of the state that elected them also.

Ulster-Lad

FF, The Republican Party petunia

theloner

Martin was one of the most partionist FFers I have ever seen during the last general election debates. He spoke down to 'foreigner' Adams on the RTE debate. Flexing our patriot muscles at Bodenstown is quite pathetic come to think of it.

Boy M5

FG put in place the Anglo Irish Agreement was neccessary to the GFA

NewGoldDream

Website
-
He also accused SF, who have sacrificed the most to make the peace process work, of putting political advantage ahead of the common good. One wonders what FF have done to advance the goal of peace on this island, or to advance the goal of republicanism at that.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha,

As they went from being the lunatic fringe to the power holders, from car bombs to chauffeur driven Mercs, was that really such a sacrifice. Oh the sacrifice of going from rags to riches!

cricket

In Fianna Fáil's annual commemorate for the cameras ceremony at Bodenstown, Martin accused the government of having the bare minimum amount of meetings concerning the North.

So basically, he accused the government of treating the North like Fianna Fáil ministers treated European meetings during their tenure of begging for economic help, i.e. they were practically a no-show.

That said, we all know of Fine Gael's opposition to republicanism and Labour's ignorance of it. Fianna Fáil, on the other hand, are the republican party (according to nobody but the aul ones in that shambles of a party). They totally ignore the electorate there and, in all their years in government, did nothing to advance republicanism in any way, shape or form except follow Sinn Féin and the SDLP's lead in establishing peace in the North.

Obviously, anyone with a brain would realise that these comments are aimed at conservative republican voters who are between two minds as to vote for FF or SF.

Perhaps you'd like to tell us what SF's sacrifices were ?

shenana

I think an taoiseach Enda Kenny TD should make Birtie Ahern to share the chairmanship of the peace team nothing else for Birtie otherwise, the government will be getting a big kick if!!!

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
FG put in place the Anglo Irish Agreement was neccessary to the GFA
The only way the AIA was "neccessary" for the Belfast andAnglo-Irish Agreements was that it demonstrated that the two governments working together without the involvement of the people of N.I. was going to finish at a dead end.

Martin is correct that FG has always taken a minimalist approach to involvement in N.I. and for me that's one of the (increasingly few) good things that it has going for it.

iago1709

Tréimhse means period, as in period of time.
It can't be used to translate the American usage of period as full stop.
The perils of Google Translate, eh.
Re the topic, I would agree it's a fairly blatant attempt to get a few more undecided votes in.

theObserver@hotmail.com

When it comes to the North, I think no news is good news.

Mr Martin told supporters that the reality was that in many areas like child poverty, things were getting worse in Northern Ireland and people were entitled to question whether the political process was working.
The North could say the same about the South thanks to FF.

shenana

Tréimhse means period, as in period of time.
It can't be used to translate the American usage of period as full stop.
The perils of Google Translate, eh.
Re the topic, I would agree it's a fairly blatant attempt to get a few more undecided votes in.
Please it mean TRAIL PERIOD, so please do not interpret our beloved language wrongly. petunia

Ceartu m, that don't worry us please Tan slan o.:lol:

picador

Please it mean TRAIL PERIOD, so please do not interpret our beloved language wrongly. petunia

Ceartu m, that don't worry us please Tan slan o.:lol:
Ponc

punchdrunk

There is a battle on down here between Sinn Fein and FF for the republican vote. Martin since the commencement of the new term in the Dail is trying to outsinnfein Sinn Fein not alone on the North but the economy. Both parties wish to derail efforts to restore the economy so that they can climb to power. Sinn Fein had begun to sup with FF. As a former FF politician said to me recently "We have declared war on Sinn Fein and will destroy them". We must to ensure our survival.

Dub guy

Fianna Fail back to their old ways of using Northern Ireland as a political football. How sad, they are really scared of the onward march of Sinn Fein I think. In my opinion, SF have little scope for much more in terms of increased support. The middle classes are rightfully not going to buy their auld guff...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies