Micheal Martin, another doomed white mouse in the Eoghan Harris laboratory

Nordie Northsider

FF now see defeating Sinn Fein as their only political objective and every interest including the national interest is secondary to that objective.
Yup. I was talking to a FFáiler a while back and I took him to task about misrepresenting SF's position on a number of issues, including their repeated claim that SF have demanded Arlene Foster stand down as DUP leader (they haven't). He admitted that there is a difference between such an unreasonable demand and asking Foster to stand down as First Minister while the RHI Enquiry does its work. He was even prepared to acknowledge that SF had initially suggested that to Foster in private so as to allow her to claim the initiative. "Thing is, if we can attach blame to SF for bringing down the Executive, we will." Facts, the future of the Executive, all must take second place to FF's turf war with SF.

mr. jings

White mouse? More like a rat who would never flee his stinking ship.

JimmyFoley

Yup. I was talking to a FFáiler a while back and I took him to task about misrepresenting SF's position on a number of issues, including their repeated claim that SF have demanded Arlene Foster stand down as DUP leader (they haven't). He admitted that there is a difference between such an unreasonable demand and asking Foster to stand down as First Minister while the RHI Enquiry does its work. He was even prepared to acknowledge that SF had initially suggested that to Foster in private so as to allow her to claim the initiative. "Thing is, if we can attach blame to SF for bringing down the Executive, we will." Facts, the future of the Executive, all must take second place to FF's turf war with SF.
Not that I think you've made that conversation up, but would you give us a few examples of FF's claiming that SF demanded AF's resignation, please.

stanley

Sure dont you know FF would do the total opposite to FG and always be right.

When it is seen though that FG made the right decisions FF will row in and say they supported the strategy all along.

FF try to position themselves on both sides of the argument :) so as to hoover up votes !!

One word, "Water".

GDPR

I think the case is that they've looked at one potential solution - not point-blank refused to consider other solutions - and said "No, thanks". Secondly, it is not for Ireland to propose solutions, it is for the UK to propose as part of their Brexit negotiations - in fact the border is one of the three key issues. Ireland, and the EU, are rightly adopting an attitude of "You broke it, you own it."
Don't agree, that's just more of the thick headed attitude from the EU that helped the leave side win in the first place.

It is our obvious interest to get the best solution from our point of view and refusing to look at some of the options is just plain stupid, there's no other words for it.

hollandia

Don't agree, that's just more of the thick headed attitude from the EU that helped the leave side win in the first place.

It is our obvious interest to get the best solution from our point of view and refusing to look at some of the options is just plain stupid, there's no other words for it.
not point-blank refused to consider other solutions
What bit of this are you failing to grasp, tonic?

Analyzer

Meehaul is proof that you can help to completely phuck up a country, & the media of that country will continue to present your superficial antics as worthy of appreciation.

RodShaft

When all you've got is trite cliches, you've got nothing.
Find me that cliché. I've never heard the phrase "a loose collection of fraudsters" before.

Go on. Prove you don't just open your mouth to let the ************************ out without any consideration of what your words mean.

Nordie Northsider

Not that I think you've made that conversation up, but would you give us a few examples of FF's claiming that SF demanded AF's resignation, please.
Well I haven't got my Total Recall machine on me right now. You'll have to make do with a typical Martin statement blaming the collapse of the Assembly on SF's party politicking (no mention of RHI, Líofa, abuse of Petitions of Concern or indeed the fact that the institutions wouldn't have collapsed if Foster had have stood down temporarily as First Minister):

Deputy Martin commented, “When Sinn Féin brought down the Northern institutions and initiated the second Assembly election in just nine months, my party was critical of that decision on the basis that it put party politics ahead of governance. "https://www.fiannafail.ie/ff-leader-criticises-sinn-fein-and-dup-failure-on-talks/

No need to make up conversations - most FFáilers recognise that for what it is.

GDPR

Find me that cliché. I've never heard the phrase "a loose collection of fraudsters" before.

Go on. Prove you don't just open your mouth to let the ************************ out without any consideration of what your words mean.
"The truth hurts"

Now F. O. pr1ck.

JimmyFoley

Well I haven't got my Total Recall machine on me right now. You'll have to make do with a typical Martin statement blaming the collapse of the Assembly on SF's party politicking (no mention of RHI, Líofa, abuse of Petitions of Concern or indeed the fact that the institutions wouldn't have collapsed if Foster had have stood down temporarily as First Minister):

Deputy Martin commented, “When Sinn Féin brought down the Northern institutions and initiated the second Assembly election in just nine months, my party was critical of that decision on the basis that it put party politics ahead of governance. "https://www.fiannafail.ie/ff-leader-criticises-sinn-fein-and-dup-failure-on-talks/

No need to make up conversations - most FFáilers recognise that for what it is.
Yeah, that quote from MM doesn't suffice, I'm afraid. What he said is true, and he didn't even mention what *caused* the collapse of the institutions.

Now remember I didn't write that FF never said what you claimed they said; I simply asked for evidence that they did say it.

It's strange that you cant back up your assertion regarding this "*repeated* claim".

Strawberry

Yeah, that quote from MM doesn't suffice, I'm afraid. What he said is true, and he didn't even mention what *caused* the collapse of the institutions.

Now remember I didn't write that FF never said what you claimed they said; I simply asked for evidence that they did say it.

It's strange that you cant back up your assertion regarding this "*repeated* claim".
The fact that he didn't mention what caused the collapse of the institutions is kinda what's wrong with that quote. Lying by omission is still lying.

Nordie Northsider

Didn't you see the bit where he says: 'When Sinn Féin brought down the Northern institutions.' I'd love to spend the day searching the internet for exact quotations to please you, but I can't see why you won't except the substantive point: FF spokespeople routinely blame SF for the collapse of the institutions. I can't prove for a fact that they do so for political gain, but hey, maybe I'm just a cynic.

just_society3

Harris throwing his lot in with FF (again) is something to celebrate if you dislike them. He's a vindictive arsehole, who's stark raving bonkers. The Irish answer to Steve Bannon.

He's also the kryptonite of Irish Politics. Most political parties that he's advised have suffered terrible losses. Workers Party, Bruton era FG, Progressive Democrats, Post-Bertie era FF, and the UUP.

JimmyFoley

Didn't you see the bit where he says: 'When Sinn Féin brought down the Northern institutions.' I'd love to spend the day searching the internet for exact quotations to please you, but I can't see why you won't except the substantive point: FF spokespeople routinely blame SF for the collapse of the institutions. I can't prove for a fact that they do so for political gain, but hey, maybe I'm just a cynic.
Shameful moving of goalposts!

Let's just agree that your assertion, at best, belongs in the 'moot pile'.

Nordie Northsider

Shameful moving of goalposts!

Let's just agree that your assertion, at best, belongs in the 'moot pile'.
The shameful part, Jimmy, is in a so-called Republican party preferring to score points against a political enemy than to acknowledge the frustrations and real political dilemmas that caused the collapse of the institutions in the North. Clearly, FF has decided that there's more to be gained in citing this as an example of SF's unsuitability for Government than there is in confronting the DUP. You can kid yourself otherwise if you choose.

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies