Michelle Obama for President 2020.

O

Oscurito

There. I said it. Someone was going to sooner or later here. The word on the street is that she doesn't want it but to my mind that just makes her all the more suitable. The grasping, power hungry politicians have had their day - the world needs people who do it because their country - and the human race- needs them.

Where are we now? Where is the world now? Not in a good place, folks. It seems that populists (of both left and right) are winning all the arguments at the moment. In the USA, the choice is between:
  • a multi-billionaire against whom there is much evidence of sexually abusive behaviour. And so much else. :-(
  • an establishment politician whose record is at best debatable. Sometimes, very much so.

One of these two divisive figures (the latter somewhat less than the former) will win the presidential election in a few weeks' time. It's questionable whether they will be able to complete their full term. Even if they last until January 2021, the American people will need someone to unify them and - frankly - start to make them feel good about themselves again. It's not about making "America (sic) great again". It's about making the USA feel happy about itself.

Step forward, Michelle Obama. For starters, she is SMART. She is a graduate of Princeton University and Harvard Law School. More importantly, she's clean. Squeaky clean. You could scrub your kitchen worktop ten times over with brillo pads and it wouldn't be as clean as Michelle Obama. There is no dirt out there about her. The GOP will have tried and we'd have heard by now if there were

Watch the video below and you'll understand how she can be a unifying figure for the American nation. The substantive issue is of absolute importance but, what's more, that emotion is real. It doesn't come from a teleprompter. Even more, she has the looks, charisma, eloquence and vision that the United States of America will need when this current dysfunctional era passes. And if the USA needs it, the world needs it.

[video=youtube;r7e3QKKOp50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7e3QKKOp50[/video]

ruserious

I'm sick of these political dynasties. Not good for democracy. That being said she is far far more impressive than the current stooges running for the job.

Obama-Warren 2020

GDPR

And after her, Ivanka Trump.

And then Chelsea - no, its a Bush's turn.

The twins can job share - two for the price of one.

ger12

There's this mad loony country that elected the son of former president and will likely elect the wife of a former president, and maybe another wife of a former president. Over 300 million people live there, so not a large pool of people to choose from.

O

Oscurito

I'm sick of these political dynasties. Not good for democracy. That being said she is far far more impressive than the current stooges running for the job.

Obama-Warren 2020
We need to be careful of political dynasties.I totally agree with that. At the same time, Barack Obama is from way outside the American political line of blue-bloods and Michelle Obama even more so.

No-one should be discriminated against just because they're related to a current political leader.

the secretary

That would mean Trump would win.
Not 2020 but probably 2024 or 2028.

gerhard dengler

These political dynasties are overseeing the demise America.

The Bush's, the Clintons, the Obama's have occupied the most important political position in America, a time in which America's influence has been diluted.

I don't think a spouse (or former spouse), or child of a President should be allowed run for election, regardless of their political allegiance.

GDPR

Some folks are born, made to wave the flag
Ooo, they're red, white and blue
And when the band plays "Hail to the Chief"
Ooo, they point the cannon at you, Lord

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no senator's son, son
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no

Erudite Caveman

Some folks are born, made to wave the flag
Ooo, they're red, white and blue
And when the band plays "Hail to the Chief"
Ooo, they point the cannon at you, Lord

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no senator's son, son
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no
I must have had the volume up very loud earlier if you could hear the Creedence wherever you are.

These political dynasties are overseeing the demise America.

The Bush's, the Clintons, the Obama's have occupied the most important political position in America, a time in which America's influence has been diluted.

I don't think a spouse (or former spouse), or child of a President should be allowed run for election, regardless of their political allegiance.
The latter is entirely unconstitutional.

stopdoingstuff

So this is how minions are born? Her husband is literally a mass murder and she has said nothing. But the main thing is she made a nice speech a few days ago. I sometimes think Lou Reed was right- the public gets what the public deserves.

O

Oscurito

So this is how minions are born? Her husband is literally a mass murder and she has said nothing. But the main thing is she made a nice speech a few days ago. I sometimes think Lou Reed was right- the public gets what the public deserves.
She's done way more than that.

https://letgirlslearn.gov/about/
Michelle Obama Teams Up With Powerful Women For Empowerment Summit
Top 16 Accomplishments of Michelle Obama | BlackDoctor
Accomplishments as First Lady - Michelle Obama - LibGuides at North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University

GDPR

TBF,
she has fantastic upper arms definition.

I cant think how many times she must have gone up and down to get that.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies