Mick McCarthy is Gone As ROI Manager

General Urko

Just reported on Newstalk now that Captain Fantastic is being replaced by Steven Kenny as Irish Boss and one of the best paid people in the country.

Sorry I can't post a link.

Last edited:

General Urko

Stephen Kenny is take over in August as originally planned but was thrown in to doubt in the current environment with The Euro Qualifiers still to finish!

General Urko

There is still no word on Robbie Keane's position yet, Robbie has a longer contract than either McCarthy or Terry Conner. Robbie's deal is for 4 years.

General Urko

Seems unfair. The spirit of the deal was that Mick would stay for this campaign.
Well AFAIK Mick was due a fantastic large golden handshake and also it frees him up for a job cross channel.

Round tower

Always liked him. Delighted to see Keene to be a failure as a manager and for Wolves and Ipswich plummet when they fired him. Hope Brighton get relegated now after firing Chris Hughton , another decent man.
Are u getting the Robbie/Roy missed up, it was Robbie who was Mick's assistant, his first time involved in management. Roy was Martin O'Neils assistant

hiding behind a poster

Always liked him. Delighted to see Keene to be a failure as a manager and for Wolves and Ipswich plummet when they fired him. Hope Brighton get relegated now after firing Chris Hughton , another decent man.
You don't hire managers on the basis of whether or not they're nice people. You shouldn't, anyway.

redneck

Mick McCarthy was a great servent for Irish football. But Stephen Kenny is the future. Good luck to Republic in the Euros play offs.

Round tower

Mick McCarthy was a great servent for Irish football. But Stephen Kenny is the future. Good luck to Republic in the Euros play offs.
Agree and if the football resumes in the next 6 to 8 weeks in the PL and the Championship it will give Kenny a chance of going to matches and casting new and existing rish players.

Buchaill Dana

Are u getting the Robbie/Roy missed up, it was Robbie who was Mick's assistant, his first time involved in management. Roy was Martin O'Neils assistant
Robbie has another year on his contract. Kenny has made it clear he isn't part of his plans.

Buchaill Dana

Agree and if the football resumes in the next 6 to 8 weeks in the PL and the Championship it will give Kenny a chance of going to matches and casting new and existing rish players.
I think its more to do with the fact that there will be Nations League games before the playoffs.

james toney

How old is Mick McCarthy?

raetsel

True, however both McCarthy and hughton are good managers .
Hughton has been sacked very unfairly on three different occasions now.
Once as Brian Kerr's assistant by the FAI, although that is arguably the least controversial of the three.
Then by Newcastle.
And finally by Brighton.
I'd love to see him manage the Irish team. Ireland needs the sort of manager who has proven he can keep teams in the EPL or a similar quality top flight league, despite frugal resources. Hughton fulfils that eminently. Needless to say, I hope that Stephen Kenny can do a good job. But he is totally untested at that level and he is part of that muppet, Delaney's legacy. I don't think Kenny will prove to be another Steve Staunton, but I suspect he'll not be up to the job.
At a time when the FAI need success on the pitch more than at any other time in its history, he is a huge risk.

Top Bottom