Mick Wallace & Clare Daly, guardians of the downtrodden and maligned.

bob3344

I would be an admirer of Clare Daly (from a political perspective), less so of Deputy Wallace however I have misgivings about their latest crusade. I wonder how the victims of this criminal feel after reading this?
I couldn't admire them any less.

Pair of moronic loudmouths.

Although he is just 28 years of age Wright has already amassed over 84 previous convictions including robberies, 34 assaults and firearms offences.

He is serving time for a knife rampage on Dublin’s Grafton Street in 2013 while on bail for assaulting two gardaí.

But some of his most serious crimes have happened behind bars.

Wright has been disciplined over 212 times in prison. He has attacked over two dozen guards while in jail and left many with very serious injuries.
Power to the people eh.

SeanieFitz

I couldn't admire them any less.

Pair of moronic loudmouths.

Power to the people eh.
I may not always agree with Ms Daly but I do believe that she does keep the "establishment" on their toes

I really find it difficult to have sympathy for Mr Wright and I wonder how the victims of his assaults feel after reading this

HarshBuzz

I may not always agree with Ms Daly but I do believe that she does keep the "establishment" on their toes

I really find it difficult to have sympathy for Mr Wright and I wonder how the victims of his assaults feel after reading this
Some of them may be constituents of Ms Daly's

hopefully they have the sense to tick a different box next time

Prester Jim

He doesn't seem in any way deserving of their support but maybe they are very principled people who will pursue a perceived wrong even if it is against a bad person, I can admire that even if I would like to see that scumbag remain in prison until he is too feeble to hold a gun let alone throw a punch.
From the article "84 previous convictions, including 30 assaults, four garda assaults, robberies and firearms offences"
Complete toerag and textbook definition of a violent criminal.
They should pick their battles.

Dedogs

I would be an admirer of Clare Daly (from a political perspective), less so of Deputy Wallace however I have misgivings about their latest crusade. I wonder how the victims of this criminal feel after reading this?

TDs Wallace and Daly in court to support criminal Leon Wright who was cleared of assaulting a prison officer - Independent.ie

mate im up for votin for independants over parties but daly and wallace are a pair of ************************s that dont give a ************************ about anything or any one only themselves.....

*EPIC SUCCESS*

Sounds like he is violent scumbag who should be locked up for longer but....

After the defence raised questions over the credibility of prosecution witnesses and evidence, Judge Alan Mitchell said that having viewed the CCTV evidence in particular he was dismissing the case.
The court also heard that Wright was exonerated of having a weapon or attempting to stab the prison officer during an internal investigation by the Governor.
I might find their defense of him unpalatable, but it does sound there is something iffy going on with this case?

*EPIC SUCCESS*

He doesn't seem in any way deserving of their support but maybe they are very principled people who will pursue a perceived wrong even if it is against a bad person, I can admire that even if I would like to see that scumbag remain in prison until he is too feeble to hold a gun let alone throw a punch.
From the article "84 previous convictions, including 30 assaults, four garda assaults, robberies and firearms offences"
The question you should ask is ''What would Jesus do.....''?

SeanieFitz

"You pick your fights" .........there are many, many injustices in this country that Ms Daly and Mr Wallace could apply themselves to rather than this thug.

shiel

TDs Wallace and Daly in court to support criminal Leon Wright who was cleared of assaulting a prison officer - Independent.ie
When I see Wallace I see a former member of the Developer class.

In a free market developers have their place but in this country they were one of the powerful groups the reckless decisions of which bankrupt the country.

Daly is a fairly hard left public representative but there is nothing wrong with that.

But if both of them were running the country I think we would be half way between Greece and Venezuela and the downtrodden would be even more downtrodden.

Last edited:

Prester Jim

The question you should ask is ''What would Jesus do.....''?
There is being a good person and there is letting yourself be manipulated by bad people, I think this might be a case of the latter.
This is an interesting case otherwise though, this guy has assaulted prison guards hundreds of times and left them badly injured repeatedly, has he not made his own bed in this case and are the prison authorities not within their rights (law being an ass withstanding) setting up something along the lines of an automated prison for this dirtball so no prison guard or prisoner has to be in contact with him for the duration.
I imagine a closed off bulletproof perspex window on one side to allow him to see the more civilised people without.

Prester Jim

"You pick your fights" .........there are many, many injustices in this country that Ms Daly and Mr Wallace could apply themselves to rather than this thug.
Exactly, I would be much more worried about the Garda, prison guards, innocent victims and even the other prisoners he has violently assaulted than that utter dross of a human being.

SeanieFitz

Sounds like he is violent scumbag who should be locked up for longer but....

I might find their defense of him unpalatable, but it does sound there is something iffy going on with this case?
the following extracts for the link below paints a not so pretty picture of the much put upon Mr Wright

Wright, of Droim na Coille Avenue, Ballyowen Lane, Lucan, Co Dublin, stabbed a youth in the leg during a robbery at Stephen's Green and at a later date hijacked two cars from women shopping at Liffey Valley.

In another incident he was involved in a 15-minute stand-off with gardaí in Lucan while armed with a knife, and threatening to go into a house and kill the occupants. He also violently resisted arrest in Skerries, Co Dublin, where he spat at, tried to bite and grabbed the testicles of a garda. He physically attacked gardaí at the Children's Court, and threatened to shoot one in the head.

Defence counsel said Wright faced "extreme" difficulties and had very serious problems.

Judge White considered health service, probation, psychiatric and risk-assessment reports on Wright. He said these made sobering reading, and suggested that while the teenager could be clear and articulate he was disposed to violence and was at a "very high risk of reoffending".

One report described Wright as dangerous both to himself and the public, with an anger so great it was uncontrollable.

'Very dangerous' teenager is given 13-year prison sentence

Prester Jim

the following extracts for the link below paints a not so pretty picture of the much put upon Mr Wright

Wright, of Droim na Coille Avenue, Ballyowen Lane, Lucan, Co Dublin, stabbed a youth in the leg during a robbery at Stephen's Green and at a later date hijacked two cars from women shopping at Liffey Valley.

In another incident he was involved in a 15-minute stand-off with gardaí in Lucan while armed with a knife, and threatening to go into a house and kill the occupants. He also violently resisted arrest in Skerries, Co Dublin, where he spat at, tried to bite and grabbed the testicles of a garda. He physically attacked gardaí at the Children's Court, and threatened to shoot one in the head.

Defence counsel said Wright faced "extreme" difficulties and had very serious problems.

Judge White considered health service, probation, psychiatric and risk-assessment reports on Wright. He said these made sobering reading, and suggested that while the teenager could be clear and articulate he was disposed to violence and was at a "very high risk of reoffending".

One report described Wright as dangerous both to himself and the public, with an anger so great it was uncontrollable.

'Very dangerous' teenager is given 13-year prison sentence
Sound like an incurable case of anti-social disorder. Should be locked up till death and now that we know people like that exist we should make provision in law for the safety of society.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

There is being a good person and there is letting yourself be manipulated by bad people, I think this might be a case of the latter.
This is an interesting case otherwise though, this guy has assaulted prison guards hundreds of times and left them badly injured repeatedly, has he not made his own bed in this case and are the prison authorities not within their rights (law being an ass withstanding) setting up something along the lines of an automated prison for this dirtball so no prison guard or prisoner has to be in contact with him for the duration.
I imagine a closed off bulletproof perspex window on one side to allow him to see the more civilised people without.
(For the record, the Jesus reference was half in jest due to your avatar).

Anyway, it is interesting, but the problem is down to the fact that irrespective of the fact he sounds like a dirtbag who should be locked up for a few decades at least, it does sound like he was set up in this one specific instance.

Can't be having that. Prison officers do an awful job (as in the job itself is awful) but they still have rules to follow. Not really sure what went on here but if this was an attempt at a setup, ultimately its self defeating in the long run.

Not a bad idea on the automated prisons though!

PeaceGoalie

Though the prisoner is an obvious scumbag, Wallace & Daly are to be commended just as they and O'Sullivan are to be commended for helping alleged Killester dissident O'Coisdealbh who has been remanded in custody for well over two years now. I would imagine Daly & Wallace will eventually come down in flames.
I found this interesting.
Wright, who claimed he was beaten by prison officers, was supported in court by Independent TDs Mick Wallace and Clare Daly who took notes of the proceedings from the public gallery.
Can one take notes like that in court? I thought not.
The Catholic Church has groups who stuck up for prisoners' welfare (Labour Party hack Joe Costello used to before he hit Klondyke) so they will win irrelevant kudos there. Though I'd take Daly to get reelected. Wexford, in numbers, won't like this latest stunt.

Dedogs

This is the key piece from this article "He suspended the last four years of Wright's prison term" The judges sentence here more that likerl enabled this crims further crimes.
what i always say is this mate if you get 1 year for the first offense you should get 2 for the second and 4 for the third and keep up doublin it every time.... do that and youll never see lads with 50 convictions anymore.....

cricket

Is it still neck and neck between Daly and Shane Ross when it comes to nimbyism in respect of house planning applications, while they at the same time rant about the housing emergency ?

Jack O Neill

An excellent example of why all countries should have a 3 strike policy , this thingy needs to stay caged until he 93 and 3/4

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies