Mick Wallace declared bankrupt

Jack Walsh

Come on people, it wasn't just the VAT issue.

He also transferred his vineyard to the brother before everything went under. And got away with that.
There were the large fees that both himself and his son drew down from their building firm at the time it was in big financial trouble...289k in 2008 for example.
There was also the sale of 5 apartments in 1 development to family members at the time the Rev Comm were closing in. Many questions remain unanswered over this.

Some hero alright!

I can absolutely guarantee you that Chris Lehane and Revenue would never have allowed him exit bankruptcy if there were genuine questions and concerns about siphoning off assets

Sweet Darling

Yep three years, so two years post his exit he is done with it
I think he was bankrupted late 2016 so he only has a few months left
That is my issue with this
It looks like a pure PR shaming exercise to generate headlines, it was a pointless exercise by AIB that had no hope of success at this juncture

Any decent solicitor/barrister would be able to argue successfully in court for an adjournment or a stay till end of income order period and allow AIB an order for sale post this if they could not come to agreement on future repayments

So all they did was waste a few grand grandstanding and generating a few headlines, no way were they getting an order for sale yesterday
I'm calling this BS

Agree on Wallace, can over egg it and be annoying at times, but on balance I think he's good sort
And most people I have spoken to in building trade over years have said he was sound out and a fair employer

The VAT stuff is hysterical, 10 years ago people scrambled to save their businesses and livelihoods, and anyone saying they wouldn't at least be tempted to cut a few corners in a desperate attempt to stay afloat has never faced such a dilemma
But Mick holds others to high standards.
Plus he has claimed that Wexford boys owe him big money

Clanrickard

where are the so called great journalists and prime time that dont have a good look at his affairs and come up with the true story . Maybe one for Gemma O D .
Mick does cool things like screech about neurality, shout at the government about homlessness ansd other lety themes. He showed his skewed moral compass by going to the Iranian Embassy for the 30 anniversary of their bloody revolution.

Hitchcock

Mick does cool things like screech about neurality, shout at the government about homlessness ansd other lety themes. He showed his skewed moral compass by going to the Iranian Embassy for the 30 anniversary of their bloody revolution.
Mick does cool things like screech about neurality, shout at the government about homlessness ansd other lety themes.
Imagine politicians raising issues that they believe are important, the audacity!

He showed his skewed moral compass by going to the Iranian Embassy for the 30 anniversary of their bloody revolution.
A typically one side view, also a bit rich coming from a supporter of Israeli state terror.

Dame_Enda

belcoo666

I know it is tough for you and your small brain but one can hate the Shah and still hate the current Iranian regime. That said look at these photos and tell meif Iranian women are better off now Fascinating photos show Iran before the 1979 revolution
The problem is people like you don't or did not hate the Shah. Ever been in Iran have you , thought not . Probably another American too dumb to even own a passport .

Clanrickard

Imagine politicians raising issues that they believe are important, the audacity!

A typically one side view, also a bit rich coming from a supporter of Israeli state terror.
Except when it comes to terror and human rights abuses Tehran is world champion. Doesmt bother Mick or Claire. No sir.

Clanrickard

The problem is people like you don't or did not hate the Shah. Ever been in Iran have you , thought not . Probably another American too dumb to even own a passport .
I despise the Shah ad I do with ALL unelected dictators.

Hitchcock

Except when it comes to terror and human rights abuses Tehran is world champion. Doesmt bother Mick or Claire. No sir.
Nice diversion. Weren't you a big fan of Pinochet too or was that just his defender in chief Maggie? What is it with state terror that attracts you so much?

I belive the woman's name is Clare.

Clanrickard

Nice diversion. Weren't you a big fan of Pinochet too or was that just his defender in chief Maggie? What is it with state terror that attracts you so much?

I belive the woman's name is Clare.
Pinochet? No. Like I said many times I dislike all dictators and those who do not submit themselves to elections. Mrs. T. and so does Bibi. And it is not a diversion. If you are sincere in promoting human rights the last person you should be having tea with is the Iranian Ambassador.

Clanrickard

Dame_Enda

It sortof makes sense to go to Brussels because thats where most of the decisions are taken these days. Best to change the system from within. Starting with requiring vouched expenses in the European Parliament and making the register of members interests compulsory.

Baron von Biffo

Clanrickard

How many are in prison in Iran?
Would you like to compare that number to the US?
Except there is a functioning justice system in the US there isn't in Iran.

Northsideman

It is, doubt if they will get further monies off him towards his long o/s debts, he will bamboozle them with expenses, flights, accommodation etc.,
But he can share some of the outlay with his Maith.

Barroso

Except there is a functioning justice system in the US there isn't in Iran.
I'm sure the Hispanics and even more so the blacks in the US will have a guffaw at your little joke.
Do you remember the events in Fergusson, Missouri a few years back, and then it came out that the keepers of the peace were attacking and murdering blacks at will all over the place?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies