Micky Martin Creamed on Morning Ireland

towny

Member
Joined
May 2, 2007
Messages
26
Ahern's want to be 'successor ', Michael Martin got more than he bargained for on Morning Ireland when Leo Varadkar wiped the floor with him on the budget, and Martin had to threw a Hissy with the presenter, to cover up his weak performance.

Martin is not fit to tie Ahern's bootlaces, never mind stepping into his shoes.
 


White Horse

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
7,012
towny said:
Ahern's want to be 'successor ', Michael Martin got more than he bargained for on Morning Ireland when Leo Varadkar wiped the floor with him on the budget, and Martin had to threw a Hissy with the presenter, to cover up his weak performance.

Martin is not fit to tie Ahern's bootlaces, never mind stepping into his shoes.
Martin have diminished in my estimation over the last two years. He is far too complacent in interviews and merely churns out waffle.
 

Pauli

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 22, 2006
Messages
1,181
towny said:
Ahern's want to be 'successor ', Michael Martin got more than he bargained for on Morning Ireland when Leo Varadkar wiped the floor with him on the budget, and Martin had to threw a Hissy with the presenter, to cover up his weak performance.

Martin is not fit to tie Ahern's bootlaces, never mind stepping into his shoes.[/quote]

That is the most humiliating criticism of anyone I have ever seen on this forum. Surely nobody is that bad???
 

adrem

Well-known member
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
924
Jaysus - this site is hilarious - lads just because you say it doesn't make it true.

Varadkar consistently comes across badly every time I've heard him - my gripe isn't with what he says but with his insistence in interrupting both the other speaker and indeed the moderator or interviewer. He was so bad at it today we even had the interviewer deliberately talking over him and slapping him down for refusing to answer the question he was actually being asked.

Having said that - MM came across tetchy and although he had a point that LV was being given a free run at saying what he wanted whereas MM was being forced to selectively answer individual points, you never come across well when you whinge at the interviewer. In fairness his tetchiness did deliver immediate results as LV was then stopped from avoiding answers and was himself forced to be a bit more specific.

Was there some issue about MM being late but feeling he had been given a different time to arrive at?
 

MarD

Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2007
Messages
45
Martin had lousy performance this morning on radio right from the off when he was late for the interview.
Richard Bruton had good performance against Cowen last night on RTE, how come Bruton isn't FG leader?
Ahern on RTE news last night had a great head for facts and figures, isn't it mystifying that he can't remember 50k of his own dosh during a 'very difficult period in his life'?
 

krayZpaving

Active member
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Messages
249
Website
www.keith.gs
Cathal McCoilleach was the one who wiped the floor with young Micheál, I thought. Varadkar unfortunately came across as being a bit petulant.
 

Destiny's Soldier

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 6, 2007
Messages
2,328
Heard a few secs. The little bit I heard had Varadker stuttering and talking over McCoille.

Martin was techy but to say the floor was wiped with him is a major exaggeration.

McCoille is techy in vocal style and I rarely like listening to him.
 

gentleben

Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
19
I didnt think MM got creamed at all really.

the important thing question is this: What is the difference between FG and FF in terms of policy????

It seems to me that Varadkar and Brutons mantra is just that FF did the right thing but not enough of it and banging the worn out drum about Public Sector Reform.

I think they should put that lovers tiff at the beginning of the last century behind them, have some make up sex, and stage a nice little merger.
 

FakeViking

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 26, 2006
Messages
8,932
Destiny's Soldier said:
Heard a few secs. The little bit I heard had Varadker stuttering and talking over McCoille.

Martin was techy but to say the floor was wiped with him is a major exaggeration.

McCoille is techy in vocal style and I rarely like listening to him.
Good to hear a comment from someone so objective. You "Heard a few secs" yet you decide that "to say the floor was wiped with him is a major exaggeration"

Wow! Such powers of deduction! A genuine Dr. Watson on p.ie!
 

mollox

Active member
Joined
May 14, 2007
Messages
202
Pauli said:
towny said:
Martin is not fit to tie Ahern's bootlaces, never mind stepping into his shoes.
That is the most humiliating criticism of anyone I have ever seen on this forum. Surely nobody is that bad???
Didn't Bertie already tell us he doesn't have personal servants, like Sarkozy, Bush etc.?
Does he want a bootlace-tier? If he did, would he want to be looking down at the top of Martin's head?
Wouldn't he be better off with a good-looking chambermaid to turn down his bed?
 

DOD

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 25, 2003
Messages
642
For one awful minute there, I thought you were on about Radio Pornography! :shock:
 

Dáiler

Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2005
Messages
49
krayZpaving said:
Cathal McCoilleach was the one who wiped the floor with young Micheál, I thought. Varadkar unfortunately came across as being a bit petulant.
A bit petulant, you must be joking. Varadkar is a one trick pony, what worked for him during the motion of no confidence in BA has now become down right ignorant. I fear Varadkar got carried away with the medias review of his contribution in the no confidence motion but to date we have seen nothing but a bully. This does not make for good radio or tv and all supporting research is that audiences switch off (mentally at least) when they are presented with this type of hectoring. I fear Leo has a lot to learn as does Dr Reilly they are in grave danger of the type of overexposure that many of RTE so called personalities experience. Will Leo become the Carrie Crowley of Fine Gael
 

towny

Member
Joined
May 2, 2007
Messages
26
Martin sees himself as the NEXT Taoiseach. Even a stutterer like Ahern would have done better than Martin this morning up against a novice TD.,
 

Maximus

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2005
Messages
58
Varadkar was carrying like a secondary school debater.

The strategy was a clear as day - constantly try to interrupt and be sure to mention the pay rise and the stealth taxes.

There was no substance whatever to what he had to say and none of his points stood up to any scrutiny… the point about people being screwed by the 15c increase in stamp duty on cheques and other bills of exchange really took the biscuit. Naturally he chose to ignore the 50% reduction in duty on ATM/Debit and Credit Cards.
 

anonymoose

New member
Joined
Nov 22, 2007
Messages
3
I have found Minister Martin in both this mornings interview and interviews in the past few weeks incredibly obnoxious. His tone and tendency (although hardly a tendency given it is now his default mode) to talk down and over does not endear him to anyone.
Perhaps Berties techyness is catching.
 

A_man_about_a_dog

Active member
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
181
adrem said:
Jaysus - this site is hilarious - lads just because you say it doesn't make it true.

Varadkar consistently comes across badly every time I've heard him - my gripe isn't with what he says but with his insistence in interrupting both the other speaker and indeed the moderator or interviewer. He was so bad at it today we even had the interviewer deliberately talking over him and slapping him down for refusing to answer the question he was actually being asked.

Having said that - MM came across tetchy and although he had a point that LV was being given a free run at saying what he wanted whereas MM was being forced to selectively answer individual points, you never come across well when you whinge at the interviewer. In fairness his tetchiness did deliver immediate results as LV was then stopped from avoiding answers and was himself forced to be a bit more specific.
I have to agree with you adrem, Leo does come across as a persistent interupter. In practically every interview I have heard him speak with a government representative, he is interupting them constantly. How does he, and others like him, expect people to listen to whats being said if they can't feckin hear properly. That is one of the things which absolutely wrecks my head. If people want to deabte or discuss, then do so without cutting across other speakers and wait for your turn to speak. I even know that it is a well known aspect of debating etiquette and I never debated. It happened quite a bit in the run up to the election as well, the "little leaders deabte" (Gerry, Mick, Trev, Pat) in particulr springs to mind. I think interviewers and people who chair debates, be they political or otherwise, should put the foot down on those who choose to interupt. Its bloody annoying.
 

meriwether

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
12,539
FF/PD/Lab/Green? Varadkar = 'petulant', 'secondary school debater', 'constant interruption'.

FG/Dont like FF more than you dislike Varadkar? Martin = 'creamed'.


This couldn't be more tedious, it really couldn't.
 

CorkHurler

Well-known member
Joined
May 12, 2004
Messages
545
In the whirligig of FG front bench Varadkar certainly brings some colour to a pretty drab bunch. he seems like a younger version of Gay Mitchell, lifts the hearts of FG's core 15% with his antics but is extremely off putting to the average voter.
 


New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top