• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Midlands-Northwest EU Constituency: Discussion & Predictions

sic transit

sic transit

General Urko

Our MEPs are generally cannon fodder who are whipped into line by the German and French MEPs in their groups.
They are disgustingly well paid and expensed. As Luscious Lucinda said on TV3 last night they earn more than Leo !

midlander12

FF were only 300 votes short of a seat here last time and with Harkin retiring, you'd have to assume they'll take a seat. FG have little hope of a second seat but I'd imagine their vote will be well up on last time. Added to Casey's presence in the race, the 'left' vote looks likely to well down on the 45% or so in 2014. Ming has been pretty invisible locally in recent times (despite his claims to the contrary) and his pro-Brexit anti-EU rhetoric is unlikely to have gone down well with many voters, least of all the 'small farmers' he claims to be standing up for. Given that Casey's average vote in the constituency in the PE was well over 20%, even with half his PE support he would be well in contention. I am assuming SF will hold on to their seat though I suppose nothing can be guaranteed.

sic transit

FF were only 300 votes short of a seat here last time and with Harkin retiring, you'd have to assume they'll take a seat. FG have little hope of a second seat but I'd imagine their vote will be well up on last time. Added to Casey's presence in the race, the 'left' vote looks likely to well down on the 45% or so in 2014. Ming has been pretty invisible locally in recent times (despite his claims to the contrary) and his pro-Brexit anti-EU rhetoric is unlikely to have gone down well with many voters, least of all the 'small farmers' he claims to be standing up for. Given that Casey's average vote in the constituency in the PE was well over 20%, even with half his PE support he would be well in contention. I am assuming SF will hold on to their seat though I suppose nothing can be guaranteed.
Typically a candidate needs about 15% FP here to be in contention, especially an independent. Harkin was on about 11% but as it turned out, well-liked across the constituency in transfers. Can the same be said of him? No guarantee whatsoever voters will give him FP votes in a real election and he could find it more of a Gallagher second run syndrome.

bagel

As I've mentioned before, the main stream media in this septic isle are keeping us ignorant of Ming's efforts.
The first eight minutes approx is about Luke's personal life and the remainder of the video shows how fortunate we are to have this man representing us in Europe. The incumbent MEPs seeking reelection and the other candidates on the ballot paper aren't fit to tie Luke's laces.

Last edited:

sic transit

As I've mentioned before, the main stream media in this septic isle are keeping us ignorant of Ming's efforts.
The first eight minutes approx is about Luke's personal life and the remainder of the video shows how fortunate we are to have this man representing us in Europe. The incumbent MEPs seeking reelection and the other candidates on the ballot paper aren't fit to tie Luke's laces.

Not much time for the man nor many of his positions but he has a passion and does take it seriously. I expect him to be returned.