• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Midweek on TV3, Now - The Hard up Irish

Neutron

MIDWEEK - TV3 22.10 24/10/12

Shocking new figures reveal that 10% of Irish people have experience of food poverty and that's not just the unemployed. Now people in full time employment are seeking help from local food charities. Rising Rents, lower wages and increasing food prices are forcing more and more of the working poor into food poverty. That's Food Poverty - The Awful Truth

Wednesday at 10pm on 3 and 3player.

Well whilst Enda Kenny starts to think of where he can put his European of the Year trophy TV3 are showing the reality of hardship in Ireland.

Midweek is showing how 69% of School Children and going to school hungry, and 10% of the population are in food poverty.

One guy who employed upto 20 people was now homeless and starving on the streets of Dublin.

Showing now on TV3.

Last edited:

Hewson

You'll be told to concentrate on the 31% of children who get their porridge before going to school.

As for the ex-employer sleeping rough, he's probably the Secret Millionaire.

Right, Enda . . ?

cimon9999

The moustache still trying to rehabilitate himself.

The nauseating Eddie Hobbs will be on later to discuss his WSJ article and explain how he got his figures so wrong. The latter might not happen.

Neutron

Of all the people to talk about it they get on Willie O feckin Dea.

Should have dragged one of those overpaid Fine Gael ************************ers into the studio and asked them how do the feel watching the video of Irish people standing in que for food.

Ask them why are the people of Ireland having to pay for their lavish lifestyles and banksters.

tigerben

willie fricking O Dea! Another Damascus road that wasn't long enough for Willie! Tou can't turn on the radio or tv now and FF are on it, and their isn't that many of them in the Dail.

tigerben

Of all the people to talk about it they get on Willie O feckin Dea.

Should have dragged one of those overpaid Fine Gael ************************ers into the studio and asked them how do the feel watching the video of Irish people standing in que for food.

Ask them why are the people of Ireland having to pay for their lavish lifestyles and banksters.

snap:)

dizillusioned

While I am not a fan of violence. Each time I see Willie O'Dea I have this overwhelming desire to "knock his block off".

The man is objectionable.

Davidoff

I simply don't believe that 70% of children are going to school hungry.

cimon9999

Ah, that website twistsoupkitchen has crashed, that's a lot of donations which might not now be given!

Edit: Got through, the website is very basic, someone who's good at website design should look into giving a few hours to spruce it up. The donation page uses iDonate which requires full details such as address, date of birth etc. when it should really be one-click by paypal or whatever.

Last edited:

tigerben

I simply don't believe that 70% of children are going to school hungry.

I don't either. It's more lazy parents that won't get up and make breakfast, then hand them a cereal bar heading out the door.

Ribeye

Ah hear, I'm havin me tea!

Ribeye

Finance expert, ha:)

Truth.ie

I don't either. It's more lazy parents that won't get up and make breakfast, then had them a cereal bar heading out the door.
I question this as well.
How much does a hard boiled egg cost these days? Can't be 20 cents ffs.
There's no excuse for sending your kid out to school hungry.

Neutron

You can buy a loaf of bread from Alidi for 60c, butter for €1. Fill them up with toast for breakfast.

tigerben

Nora went Scarlett and touchy on her pension been mentioned! Eddie and Willie on the one show , TV3 will have enough wind energy to run the station for a week .

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies