Miicheal Cholm Mac Giolla Easpuig - Mouth Piece or Community Activist

Ringo Starr

In recent months this so called activist has made press release after press release, on anything from the household charge to the closure of a nursery. Now I see he's onto the Irish language bandwagon on Highland Radio saying something must be done to save our language but not having solutions!

From asking in Sinn Fein circles they say he was a member but left after a disagreement, they say he was also a member of Eirigí but has also left, and was Pringles right hand man, and is planning a shot at the council elections in the Glenties EA.
Does anyone know if he has any backbone and vision or is he just one of these guys who loves to be the PRO of every committee. One statement in which he welcomed the progress on the Glenties/Dungloe sewage scheme was mystifying and stank of sheer opportunism!!

turdsl

Sound,s like he has the necessary qualifications,deserves his chance,

Ringo Starr

Sound,s like he has the necessary qualifications,deserves his chance,
Just sick of listening to this guy, and with no substantial news at the min he seems to be on every station just spouting nonsense with no solutions.

Someone from here will no what he's made of especially with the Eirigi heads around

the secretary

He is constantly on Highland radio and has press releases on the local printed press.
He is not an elected representative or ever was. He was a prominent member of one of them oppose everything groups locally. He's been in Sf and Eirigi and is now on Pringles camp.
Is very opinionated and with all this movement between parties, it looks like that he is difficult to please.
As far as I know he lives in Letterkenny but is originally from the glenties EA.
If he runs he'll have Pringles support. But he strikes me as one of these guys that likes to be heard but when it comes to the crunch he might not have the stomach for the work of an elected representative.
Mouthpiece it is for me.

Nemesiscorporation

He is constantly on Highland radio and has press releases on the local printed press.
He is not an elected representative or ever was. He was a prominent member of one of them oppose everything groups locally. He's been in Sf and Eirigi and is now on Pringles camp.
Is very opinionated and with all this movement between parties, it looks like that he is difficult to please.
As far as I know he lives in Letterkenny but is originally from the glenties EA.
If he runs he'll have Pringles support. But he strikes me as one of these guys that likes to be heard but when it comes to the crunch he might not have the stomach for the work of an elected representative.
Mouthpiece it is for me.
Sounds like a very annoying person.

Lúidín

As you are working for him, you could at least spell his name correctly.

IbrahaimMohamad

In recent months this so called activist has made press release after press release, on anything from the household charge to the closure of a nursery. Now I see he's onto the Irish language bandwagon on Highland Radio saying something must be done to save our language but not having solutions!

From asking in Sinn Fein circles they say he was a member but left after a disagreement, they say he was also a member of Eirigí but has also left, and was Pringles right hand man, and is planning a shot at the council elections in the Glenties EA.
Does anyone know if he has any backbone and vision or is he just one of these guys who loves to be the PRO of every committee. One statement in which he welcomed the progress on the Glenties/Dungloe sewage scheme was mystifying and stank of sheer opportunism!!
"Something must be done" the catch cry of the Demagogue!

Ringo Starr

Dont think I'm working for him, he seems to be a bit of a clown, who's looking for attention, is that not how you spell his name? Tell us more about him

IbrahaimMohamad

Why does the Irish Language need to be saved?

Surely if people want it they will speak it?

We should have a referendum on the Teanga!

Truth.ie

Isn't this standard fare for all politicians/activists?
Press releases, getting on radio, voicing an opinion.
That he's doing it out of passion, as opposed to the "average Industrial wage" (ahem) shows he's a genuine sort.

Sounds like some personal spat has coloured this thread.

Last edited:

Ringo Starr

Trying to figure out is he the genuine article or just another wannabee politician, he seems to just raise issues but have no solutions, he and Cant Pay Wont Pay left a few people in it in Donegal

IbrahaimMohamad

Trying to figure out is he the genuine article or just another wannabee politician, he seems to just raise issues but have no solutions, he and Cant Pay Wont Pay left a few people in it in Donegal

How many "Don't Pay" advocate politicians have paid themselves?

drummed

Mouth full it seems to me. What is wrong with Donegal?

Truth.ie

Leaving SF to join Eirigi is not the stuff of "wannabe politicians".
Staying in SF, (where the largesse and money is) would've been the natural route for a career politician.
He plainly has some principles and independent thought.

statsman

What is a community activist? Are the wages any good? I could spout auld guff like that for the right money.

ergo2

1. For generations there have been people working in and for their communities.

2. It is only within the last 20 years or so I have heard the term "community activist". Usually claimed by SF members

3. This guys is doing what many aspiring politicians do. We can expect to hear and see a lot more like him as the LEs approach

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom