MIke Whitney:"Memo to Ireland: Cowen is a rogue, a Traitor. TELL IMF/EU TO SHOVE IT"

Sonny

Ballyseedy economics

BALLYSEEDY ECONOMICS

“Cowen believes that taxing low income families is preferable to making billionaire bondholders eat their losses.” --- Mike Whitney

Mike Whitney: Memo to Ireland

Goldencircle

Look folks there is no point putting oggy on ignore when you lot continue to quote the same post six times a page.

Stop getting trolled

bazlad

No - and neither have you the slightest inkling of what Cowen is actually negotiating at the moment. And will you get a bit of sense and stop paying any heed to Caasandra´s libertarian nutters!!
Course i have, course we all have, save a few diehards left on here.
The fact is that Cowen is clearly not 'negotiating' on behalf of the Irish people.
Only a fool would think so.

D

Deleted member 17573

Course i have, course we all have, save a few diehards left on here.
The fact is that Cowen is clearly not 'negotiating' on behalf of the Irish people.
Only a fool would think so.
So far you´ve failed to tell us what position Cowen is taking, or what position all your mates think he should take, assuming any of them know what position he´s taking in the first place. Who´s the fool?:roll:

bazlad

So far you´ve failed to tell us what position Cowen is taking, or what position all your mates think he should take, assuming any of them know what position he´s taking in the first place. Who´s the fool?:roll:

The only failure here is Cowen.

BTW, what are you on about?
Last Sunday Cowen came out and said hes looking for a 90billion loan to bail out the banks.
a loan that will cripple us.
The actual % of the interest if frankly not the point, unless its 0%.
The actual terms of the loan if frankly not the point, unless is a 1,000 year loan.

Cowen has already screwed us, and no amount of SPIN here will change that.

D

Deleted member 17573

Last Sunday Cowen came out and said hes looking for a 90billion loan to bail out the banks.
The actual terms of the loan if frankly not the point, unless is a 1,000 year loan.

Which brings us full circle back to what I originally asked you - what solution do you and your mates propose that is different from whatever you know about Cowen´s current position? You really need to start saying something!!

Padraigin

Discussing the interest rate and the term of the EU/IMF loan is missing the point.

There should be no negotiations going on whatsoever that involves Irish taxpayers paying bank debt to foreign bond holders - period.

As the economists have been saying, the EU/IMF should be shown the door and told to await notice of Ireland's repudiation of the debt and/or default.

End of.

To even consider imposing this killer debt on the Irish people under any interest rate and under any terms is sheer madness.

bazlad

Which brings us full circle back to what I originally asked you - what solution do you and your mates propose that is different from whatever you know about Cowen´s current position? You really need to start saying something!!
I just check the rules of the forum, and nowhere does it say i "really need" to follow the instructions of the user known as "sailor".

Over the last 2 years there has been many alternative approaches to what Cowen/Lenihan position has been.

We were told that the guarantee was.....the only game in town!
We were told that NAMA was.....the only game in town!
We are now being told that the bailout is..........................the only game in town!

You don't get my original post. With this government its irrelevant what anyone else thinks, even 80 percent of the electorate. Partisan politics, led by FF has destroyed this country.

bazlad

Discussing the interest rate and the term of the EU/IMF loan is missing the point.

There should be no negotiations going on whatsoever that involves Irish taxpayers paying bank debt to foreign bond holders - period.

As the economists have been saying, the EU/IMF should be shown the door and told to await notice of Ireland's repudiation of the debt and/or default.

End of.

To even consider imposing this killer debt on the Irish people under any interest rate and under any terms is sheer madness.
totally agree!

Cruffan

After 800 years we find out that our own elite are no different...

I don't know a single person who supports what Cowen is doing right now.
FF have turned into the Brits : we are ruled by people who don't give a damn about the wish of the Irish People.
We need to boot them out like the Brits.
Sometimes I wonder what Ireland would have been like if the Normans/English had never invaded Ireland; now I know that the ordinary Irish were always going to be crushed underfoot by it's own leaders just for the sake of exercising control and being in a position to make others suffer and wanting to be well regarded by international elites.

Fianna Fáil my arse!

Cruffan

I'd say Cowen is slouched over the Bar at the moment.

Cassandra Syndrome

A thread passing judgement on events that have not concluded and written by someone who could not have any inside info on what exactly is happening. You have to love the efforts of the ABFF
What is ABFF? What is my agenda? What is my political party?

OR

Why after May time when Brian Lenihan as Finance Minister notice the panic there was to ensure Greece signed up on a Sunday night before the far east markets open cop something on?

IE, when its our turn, do nothing? Bargain with mega contagion as a consequence to severe terms?

roz101

Here are some videos I took at the protest -

YouTube - Man resisting Garda dogs ICTU PROTEST - Man resisting the dogs the gards brought out

YouTube - Jack O Connor Booed ICTU PROTEST - Jack O Connor getting BOOED

YouTube - Fire ICTU PROTEST - Footage of the fire light on Kildare Street

YouTube - Fianna Fail get abuse ICTU PROTEST - Fianna Fail Abuse

YouTube - Crowd chanting OUT at ICTU PROTEST - Crowd chanting OUT OUT OUT

YouTube - Bottle incident at ICTU PROTEST - Footage of bottle incident outside government buildings

YouTube - Beginning of Dáil protest ICTU PROTEST - Beginning of the protest that took place outside the Dáil

YouTube - Angry crowds at ICTU PROTEST - Angry crowds

YouTube - Angry Crowd at ICTU PROTEST - Angry Crowds

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies