Military Matters

Bleu Poppy

Not only did members of the Defence Forces and Fine Gael fight side-by-side with the Nazis during in the Spanish Civil War - but the Free State army were actively recruiting Nazis such as Brase, who was Hitler's Obergruppenführer in Ireland.
False information.... as would be well known about your propagandizing o.b.o. the I.R.A. Are you related to Goebbels? Because your tactics are precisely as his were.

I wouldn't like to be your children.

Catalpast

Quisling Russell, and his so-called Army Council, wanted to establish a military dictatorship. Aided and abetted by the following traitors (all of whom purported, in 1938, to pass the authority to rule Ireland from the Second Dáil to the then current crop of I.R.A. murderers):-

J.J. O’Kelly (Sean Ó Ceallaigh) a.k.a. ‘Sceilg’. Elected Leas Ceann-Comhairle [Deputy Speaker] of the Second Dáil, he took the Anti-Treaty side. Though successful in the June 9, 1922 General Election he lost his seat at the 1923 General Election of August 27th. He failed to win a seat in a 1925 Bye-Election for the Roscommon Constituency, losing by over 7,700 votes in a two-horse race with a valid poll of 34,528 to the government candidate. He never held public office again. President of Sinn Féin after De Valera left. One of the seven who purported to pass authority to govern Ireland from the Second Dáil to the I.R.A.’s military council on December 8, 1938, falsely signing as Ceann Comhairle (Speaker).

Mary McSweeney (Terence’s sister): Sinn Féin Vice-President after De Valera left to found F.F., defeated June 9, 1927, (the general election that decimated S.F.- they were reduced to five (5) seats). She never held public office again. She was one of the seven who conveniently forgot 16 years of Irish Democracy in December, 1938.

George Noble Plunkett (a.k.a. Count Plunkett, a Papal Title), father of Joseph Plunkett- one of the executed leaders of the 1916 Rising. He had won a by-election to the Westminster Parliament for the Constituency of Roscommon North in 1917, thereby becoming the first Sinn Féin M.P. He won election to the First Dáil in 1918, abstaining from Westminster, and also to the Second Dáil, where he served as a Junior Minister. He was also defeated in the General Election of June 9, 1927. He appears to have abstained from electoral politics until 1936 when he stood in a by-election in Galway. Despite standing for, incredibly, two parties (including S.F.) he polled just over 4% in a three-horse race losing heavily to the government candidate. He received 2,696 first preferences to the successful F.F. candidate’s 39,982 votes, with F.G.’s James Hogan receiving 23,264 votes. Despite such demonstrable lack of democratic support he was one of the treacherous seven who purported to pass authority to govern Ireland from the Second Dáil (sat from 1921 – 1922) to the I.R.A.’s military council.

William Stockley, notable for being a nationalist from the Church of Ireland community, was Professor of English at University College, Cork. Though a Trinity graduate, he was elected to the Second Dáil for the National University of Ireland Constituency and retained his seat in the General Election of June 16, 1922, taking the last of the four seats. He lost his seat in the 1923 General Election and failed to do any better than the 3:1 spread of votes for Pro-Treaty / Anti-Treaty candidates in a subsequent by-election in November of that year, receiving 261 votes to the government candidate’s 849 votes. This was to be his last electoral outing. But, despite this, he was one of the seven who purported to pass authority to govern Irelandfto the I.R.A. December, 1938.

Brian O’Higgins, ‘Brian na Banban’, was 'out' in 1916 but not particularly active owing to ill-health. He was elected successively to the First, Second, and Third Dáil’s for Sinn Féin. As an Anti-Treaty candidate he did not take his seat following the General Election of June 16, 1922 and was successful, as an abstentionist candidate, in retaining his seat in the 1923 General Election to the Fourth Dáil. He remained in Sinn Féin in the wake of the departure of the majority of the membership with De Valera to form F.F., and was amongst those who lost their seats in the 1927 decimation of that party. He served as S.F. President from 1931 – 1933. He resigned from S.F. in protest at the election of Fr. Michael O’Flanagan (who had a public position) as President of the Shinners in 1934 stating “that he was on the pay-roll of an usurping government”. Despite all these twists and turns (the normal shenanigans of splits in Irish politics) he was one of the infamous seven.

Charles Murphy*, a.k.a. Cathal Ó Murchudha served as 2nd Lieutenant in the Boland’s Mill garrison in 1916. His most notable action, apparently, was to persuade De Valera not to set fire to Westland Row Railway Station on the grounds that the fire could spread to the neighbouring St. Andrew’s R.C. Church and nearby Christian Brothers’ School- both of which loomed large in his childhood and formative years. He was elected to the Second Dáil for Dublin South but was defeated at the 1922 General Election, receiving only 1,308 first preferences out of a total valid poll of 26,308. In the 1923 General Election he increased his votes by approximately 600 and took the last of seven seats without reaching the Quota after some 15 counts. When De Valera founded F.F. he remained in S.F. and lost his seat in 1927. He served as President of Sinn Féin from 1935 – 1937, succeeding the previously mentioned Fr. Michael O’Flanagan and being succeeded by Margaret Buckley, that party’s first female president.

Tom Maguire became active with the re-organisation of the Irish Volunteers post 1916. He was elected to the Second Dáil for Mayo South-Roscommon South and, apparently, his only contribution to the debates on the proposed ‘Articles of Association’ was the word “Níl” when his stance against The Treaty was recorded. He succeeded in retaining his seat in the elections to the Third and Fourth Dáils (1922, unopposed on account of ‘The Pact’ and 1923, where he took the second of five seats). But he was forbidden, under threat of court-martial from his I.R.A. commanders, to stand in the 1927 General Election- two others similarly threatened stood [with one, John Madden, winning a seat in Mayo North. Maguire subsequently drifted out of the I.R.A. to become more active with S.F. He too was one of the seven who purported to pass authority to govern Ireland from the Second Dáil to the I.R.A.’s military council in December, 1938. His obvious sycophancy to the military possibly explains this action. He was to back, successively, the breakaway Provisional I.R.A./S.F. in 1969 and the Continuity I.R.A./S.F. in 1986.

Filthy dirty nazi collaborating gobsh1tes, one and all- and you're included in this description. And I don't normally reduce myself to name-calling, but this is permitted on this occasion given that you called a contributor a moron**.

*Murphy's grandson got a fine clatter and rude awakening to his position in Ireland from the Canadian Ambassador to Ireland in 2016 at Grangegorman.

** Further expansion on Russell's SS Liaison Officer who was involved in fomenting the disinformation and civil unrest campaigns that preceded the invasions of eastern European countries from Poland to Yugoslavia (ahhhhh, yes, how free they were after the Nazi occupations) will be posted before the end of the day.
How can you 'betray' something you never gave allegiance to in the 1st place?

rainmaker

Administrator
False information.... as would be well known about your propagandizing o.b.o. the I.R.A. Are you related to Goebbels? Because your tactics are precisely as his were.

He's American, I understand. I doubt he could locate either of these islands on a map to be honest.

Talk Back

He's American, I understand. I doubt he could locate either of these islands on a map to be honest.
I'm Irish - Ireland is my country - born, bred and living in Ireland.

Why are you trolling Irish forums english boy???

Talk Back

Christ- you are thick.

Talk Back

Quisling Russell, and his so-called Army Council, wanted to establish a military dictatorship. Aided and abetted by the following traitors (all of whom purported, in 1938, to pass the authority to rule Ireland from the Second Dáil to the then current crop of I.R.A. murderers):-

J.J. O’Kelly (Sean Ó Ceallaigh) a.k.a. ‘Sceilg’. Elected Leas Ceann-Comhairle [Deputy Speaker] of the Second Dáil, he took the Anti-Treaty side. Though successful in the June 9, 1922 General Election he lost his seat at the 1923 General Election of August 27th. He failed to win a seat in a 1925 Bye-Election for the Roscommon Constituency, losing by over 7,700 votes in a two-horse race with a valid poll of 34,528 to the government candidate. He never held public office again. President of Sinn Féin after De Valera left. One of the seven who purported to pass authority to govern Ireland from the Second Dáil to the I.R.A.’s military council on December 8, 1938, falsely signing as Ceann Comhairle (Speaker).

Mary McSweeney (Terence’s sister): Sinn Féin Vice-President after De Valera left to found F.F., defeated June 9, 1927, (the general election that decimated S.F.- they were reduced to five (5) seats). She never held public office again. She was one of the seven who conveniently forgot 16 years of Irish Democracy in December, 1938.

George Noble Plunkett (a.k.a. Count Plunkett, a Papal Title), father of Joseph Plunkett- one of the executed leaders of the 1916 Rising. He had won a by-election to the Westminster Parliament for the Constituency of Roscommon North in 1917, thereby becoming the first Sinn Féin M.P. He won election to the First Dáil in 1918, abstaining from Westminster, and also to the Second Dáil, where he served as a Junior Minister. He was also defeated in the General Election of June 9, 1927. He appears to have abstained from electoral politics until 1936 when he stood in a by-election in Galway. Despite standing for, incredibly, two parties (including S.F.) he polled just over 4% in a three-horse race losing heavily to the government candidate. He received 2,696 first preferences to the successful F.F. candidate’s 39,982 votes, with F.G.’s James Hogan receiving 23,264 votes. Despite such demonstrable lack of democratic support he was one of the treacherous seven who purported to pass authority to govern Ireland from the Second Dáil (sat from 1921 – 1922) to the I.R.A.’s military council.

William Stockley, notable for being a nationalist from the Church of Ireland community, was Professor of English at University College, Cork. Though a Trinity graduate, he was elected to the Second Dáil for the National University of Ireland Constituency and retained his seat in the General Election of June 16, 1922, taking the last of the four seats. He lost his seat in the 1923 General Election and failed to do any better than the 3:1 spread of votes for Pro-Treaty / Anti-Treaty candidates in a subsequent by-election in November of that year, receiving 261 votes to the government candidate’s 849 votes. This was to be his last electoral outing. But, despite this, he was one of the seven who purported to pass authority to govern Irelandfto the I.R.A. December, 1938.

Brian O’Higgins, ‘Brian na Banban’, was 'out' in 1916 but not particularly active owing to ill-health. He was elected successively to the First, Second, and Third Dáil’s for Sinn Féin. As an Anti-Treaty candidate he did not take his seat following the General Election of June 16, 1922 and was successful, as an abstentionist candidate, in retaining his seat in the 1923 General Election to the Fourth Dáil. He remained in Sinn Féin in the wake of the departure of the majority of the membership with De Valera to form F.F., and was amongst those who lost their seats in the 1927 decimation of that party. He served as S.F. President from 1931 – 1933. He resigned from S.F. in protest at the election of Fr. Michael O’Flanagan (who had a public position) as President of the Shinners in 1934 stating “that he was on the pay-roll of an usurping government”. Despite all these twists and turns (the normal shenanigans of splits in Irish politics) he was one of the infamous seven.

Charles Murphy*, a.k.a. Cathal Ó Murchudha served as 2nd Lieutenant in the Boland’s Mill garrison in 1916. His most notable action, apparently, was to persuade De Valera not to set fire to Westland Row Railway Station on the grounds that the fire could spread to the neighbouring St. Andrew’s R.C. Church and nearby Christian Brothers’ School- both of which loomed large in his childhood and formative years. He was elected to the Second Dáil for Dublin South but was defeated at the 1922 General Election, receiving only 1,308 first preferences out of a total valid poll of 26,308. In the 1923 General Election he increased his votes by approximately 600 and took the last of seven seats without reaching the Quota after some 15 counts. When De Valera founded F.F. he remained in S.F. and lost his seat in 1927. He served as President of Sinn Féin from 1935 – 1937, succeeding the previously mentioned Fr. Michael O’Flanagan and being succeeded by Margaret Buckley, that party’s first female president.

Tom Maguire became active with the re-organisation of the Irish Volunteers post 1916. He was elected to the Second Dáil for Mayo South-Roscommon South and, apparently, his only contribution to the debates on the proposed ‘Articles of Association’ was the word “Níl” when his stance against The Treaty was recorded. He succeeded in retaining his seat in the elections to the Third and Fourth Dáils (1922, unopposed on account of ‘The Pact’ and 1923, where he took the second of five seats). But he was forbidden, under threat of court-martial from his I.R.A. commanders, to stand in the 1927 General Election- two others similarly threatened stood [with one, John Madden, winning a seat in Mayo North. Maguire subsequently drifted out of the I.R.A. to become more active with S.F. He too was one of the seven who purported to pass authority to govern Ireland from the Second Dáil to the I.R.A.’s military council in December, 1938. His obvious sycophancy to the military possibly explains this action. He was to back, successively, the breakaway Provisional I.R.A./S.F. in 1969 and the Continuity I.R.A./S.F. in 1986.

Filthy dirty nazi collaborating gobsh1tes, one and all- and you're included in this description. And I don't normally reduce myself to name-calling, but this is permitted on this occasion given that you called a contributor a moron**.

*Murphy's grandson got a fine clatter and rude awakening to his position in Ireland from the Canadian Ambassador to Ireland in 2016 at Grangegorman.

** Further expansion on Russell's SS Liaison Officer who was involved in fomenting the disinformation and civil unrest campaigns that preceded the invasions of eastern European countries from Poland to Yugoslavia (ahhhhh, yes, how free they were after the Nazi occupations) will be posted before the end of the day.
You are clearly a west-brit lickspittle.

Just so you know - Nazi scum were pussycats compared to your masters, the English. England is responsible for the murder of countless millions of people in the countries it invaded and occupied around the world over the centuries.

Ireland is a prime example of ethnic cleaning and genocide perpetrated by England and their spawn in Ireland.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies