Military Police Patrolling Oireachtas Éireann?

Barrycelona

Have you noticed that the cops are like flies around ************************e at Govt buildings to protect the Politicians but when Mr Chopra arrives at the Dept of Finance there are no cops to be seen. Surely he should have protection

dresden8

MPs have always been there, this is nothing new.

If we saw anything on that video the MPs were much more restrained and professional than the boys in blue.

Hard bastards, and confident in it.

TonyBird

Have you noticed that the cops are like flies around ************************e at Govt buildings to protect the Politicians but when Mr Chopra arrives at the Dept of Finance there are no cops to be seen. Surely he should have protection
Sith lords are very capable of looking after themselves .

eoghanacht

Hard bastards, and confident in it.
Where does the myth of the 'Hard bastard' IDF come from?

I'll lived most of my life with and around them. I seen young lads beat MP's out of Orchard Park in the Curragh Camp. Besides when they start taking more of their wages and reducing their numbers it's not us that'll have to worry about them.

myksav

Anyone here know when it is legitimate for a soldier to fire his weapon? :D

Hint.
Defence of the State.
Defence of comrade.
Defence of State property.
Defence of your post.
Self-defence.

dresden8

Where does the myth of the 'Hard bastard' IDF come from?

I'll lived most of my life with and around them. I seen young lads beat MP's out of Orchard Park in the Curragh Camp. Besides when they start taking more of their wages and reducing their numbers it's not us that'll have to worry about them.
Three or four lads formed a cordon. Stood their ground, didn't feel the need to over-react like that twat in the helmet.

Thus far and no further. Plus, they were tooled up.

Look at that officer, held them off with an outstretched hand and a walkie talkie. Didn't need to be held back by his mates.

Much more professional.

TonyBird

Stood their ground, didn't feel the need to over-react like that twat in the helmet.
Yeah he was hilarious . Some crazy bog man , no doubt .
"C'mon ye Jackeens , I'll fight ye all "
Be wide of those bumpkins , they are always itchin for a fight with 'townies' .
They like nothing better than giving out a few slaps .

dresden8

Yeah he was hilarious . Some crazy bog man , no doubt .
"C'mon ye Jackeens , I'll fight ye all "
Be wide of those bumpkins , they are always itchin for a fight with 'townies' .
They like nothing better than giving out a few slaps .
It's the GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA mentality.

Saw it often enough in the Mayo videos. Sneaky rib punch the pinnacle of the art-form.

munky

The members of IDF have no legal authority to patrol in any civilian environment, the Garda present should have arrested them.
You are correct in what you say that the IDF have no legal authority anywhere in this state. This IDF, of course, being the Israeli Defense Forces. However, the Irish Defence Forces do have a legal authority on Government property in this state. In fact the Irish Defence Forces are authorised to fire ball ammunition in defence of said government property.

As regards to the Military Police Detachment at Government Buildings, they have been there since 1929, a role which was formalised in 1964. Here is an interesting article on the Detachment from Signal, the magazine of the Representative Association of Commissioned Officers (RACO) - I am aware that it primarily deals with the retirement of the Officer Commanding, but it gives some of the background of the Detachment.

http://www.raco.ie/attachments/082_4_1_militarypolice.pdf

munky

Anyone here know when it is legitimate for a soldier to fire his weapon? :D

Hint.
Defence of the State.
Defence of comrade.
Defence of State property.
Defence of your post.
Self-defence.
Obviously in the FCA then? I'd go back and learn COD6 properly then. In the first instance it is a restricted document, and you know what that means. Secondly, you are quoting it incorrectly.

king5494

The members of IDF have no legal authority to patrol in any civilian environment, the Garda present should have arrested them.

That said both I think both parties are in a difficult positition they may hate the current government but they are following orders.

I think that individual members of An Garda Siochana need to decide if their loyalty is to the the law or the people.
The military have always being in Dail Eireann since the foundation of the state and are always armed internally and it's not classed as a civilian building .it's a government building with civilians in it.

lonemother

The thing that gets me is that anyone outside the political establishment has to get security clearance to work in the Dail. They go back as far as they can through your records, Beggars belief when you consider who they're guarding. ( I learned this when doing site investigations before they built their new palace & 'temporary' car park in Dail Fail. One guy had a plus 10 year gbh offense & was deemed a risk, the rest had D&D charges, no security clearance forthcoming. Took ages to get a crew).

Desperate Dan

It seems that the military police (who are armed) are on duty at the Oireachtas, as the following image indicates:

Is this a normal occurrence, or has security been stepped up in light of recent protests?
There is a Military Station there since 1922 when Collins thought he might be under threat. He didn't think he would need it outside or with his own men or
with the man at his back. Duck :p:p

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
Order must be maintained that the elected-representatives of the people may discharge their constitutionally-mandated roles freely and without impairment to the safety of their persons.

Gerard1978

I am happy to confirm that over 5000 hours of overtime have just been allocated to Pearse Street to coke with recent troubles. It will be a good Christmas.

eoghanacht

I am happy to confirm that over 5000 hours of overtime have just been allocated to Pearse Street to coke with recent troubles. It will be a good Christmas.
You mean 'cope' don't you.

Thats working under the assumption they'll be anything to pay that overtime with.

myksav

Obviously in the FCA then? I'd go back and learn COD6 properly then. In the first instance it is a restricted document, and you know what that means. Secondly, you are quoting it incorrectly.
Nah, Naval Service. Since when is a hint a quote?

stripey cat

He should have drawn his sidearm and shot some of those IRA scumbags.
Two in both knees would have served them right.
My Honor Is Loyalty is a translation of "Meine Ehre heißt Treue", the slogan of Hitler's SS.

This lunatic is presumably another refugee from stormfront or some other weirdo nazi forum.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies