• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Millenium Spire to be replace by windmill

jdaly

Dublin's Millenium spire is to be replaced by windmill, the central shaft of which will mainly use parts from the existing spire.

I think this is a better landmark for Dublin than the current spire and advertises Ireland's green image to tourists.

Dublin City Council: Environment & Engineering Department

I hear that it's going to be hung from a sky hook so that it won't touch the ground at all thereby leaving no footprint off any kind. Furthermore, I have it on good authority that on the rare occasion when Ireland is becalmed without even a puff of air the windmill will be driven by a revolutionary engine fulled by yak dung from the zoo and by copious amounts of hot air from the headquarters of all our excellent political parties.

bobbysands81

I hear that it's going to be hung from a sky hook so that it won't touch the ground at all thereby leaving no footprint off any kind.

Surely the hook will need to be rooted to the ground somehow though?! ;-)

Partizan

The windmill will be powered by a renewable form of energy, Clowen's hot farts.

jdaly

Surely the hook will need to be rooted to the ground somehow though?! ;-)

See Richard Dawkins' 'The God Delusion' for an explanation of how sky hooks differ from cranes and read CookieMonster's reply to your good self.

Kev408

The AIB (anti-immigrant brigade) will not be happy with this. According to the Holland Herald hundreds of thousands of Dutch are moving here.

CookieMonster

The AIB (anti-immigrant brigade) will not be happy with this. According to the Holland Herald hundreds of thousands of Dutch are moving here.
The AIB has just been nationalised. They're delighted, naturally.

CookieMonster

Why did you have to go and do that. It's ROONT now. ROONT!

CookieMonster

Why not check the link?
Personally I think its a good idea, not just for energy reasons, but to promote our "green image".
Sick from the amount of our money the government his heamoraging on a daily basis?

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
With all the hot air coming out of Leinster House, I'd say they could turn a fair few windmills. ho ho ho.

jdaly

Why did you have to go and do that. It's ROONT now. ROONT!

You're right, the whole thing is roont. I didne ken it was April fools day!

So, CookieMonster, you're a misanthrope?? That must be interesting although, personally, I just don't like people ESPECIALLY THE ONE WHO ROONT IT.

He3

Dublin's Millenium spire is to be replaced by windmill, the central shaft of which will mainly use parts from the existing spire.

I think this is a better landmark for Dublin than the current spire and advertises Ireland's green image to tourists.

Dublin City Council: Environment & Engineering Department
Good thinking.

For an even more realistic example for Dubliners of how swathes of the rural Irish landscape will look in the near future, they could put a windmill the height of the Spire up on top of Liberty Hall.

Look up - it's Aer Lingus, eh wait no, it's Aer Turbines

TheWexfordInn

Good thinking.

For an even more realistic example for Dubliners of how swathes of the rural Irish landscape will look in the near future, they could put a windmill the height of the Spire up on top of Liberty Hall.

Look up - it's Aer Lingus, eh wait no, it's Aer Turbines
Windmills are rubbish. There were three large Windmills (each nine metres in diameter) installed at great expense on the top of a building in central London in 2010 among much hoop-la about all the power they would generate. I pass by them most days and I have never seen them turning.

cozzy121

How the hell did this not make it into the zoo?

Whatever stuff they were doing back in 2009, I want some!!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies