• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Milward Brown Poll: FG30 (+4) FF26 (+2) SF20 (+6) Ind8 (-10) Lab7 (unch) AAA/PBP4 (unch) GRN4 (+1) SD2 (-1)

sport02

Milward Brown Poll: FG30 (+4) FF26 (+2) SF20 (+6) Ind8 (-10) Lab7 (unch) AAA/PBP4 (unch) GRN4 (+1) SD2 (-1)

New poll out. Milward Brown. Very bad news for Independents. Biggest slump. Big jump for FG and SF.
Labour static, no Howlin bounce.
https://t.co/HbfhmnyltM

gijoe

What's the betting the Independent Ministers wrestling with their conscience to vote against the government over the Wallace Bill will suddenly have their conscience soothed!

constitutionus

Can this poll be trusted?
good question !

none of these fuppers got it right pre election then suddenly post election ALL their polls reflected the result.

we could just be seeing them go back to "the methedology" and getting it wrong again.

still that said LOVE how LAB got nothing for howlins coronation.

:D

Dame_Enda

The BREXIT affect?
Possibly. They can now argue its not time to change horses mid stream.

The danger is they get a rush of blood to the head and call an early election in which they still would not get a majority. And Labour is still unlikely to want to risk going into Coalition after what has just happened.

Personally I prefer minority govt. It means decisions are not rammed through without adequate debate. And it has already brought about a Convention to discuss abortion.

sport02

good question !

none of these fuppers got it right pre election then suddenly post election ALL their polls reflected the result.

we could just be seeing them go back to "the methedology" and getting it wrong again.

still that said LOVE how LAB got nothing for howlins coronation.

:D
Labour is irrelevant. I know some people say you can't write them off, look at how Fianna Fáil recovered.
But Labour is up against Sinn Féin and AAA/PBP, and then you will have FF courting the public sector and throw the Green party into the mix for the middle class leafy liberal vote. The Green party support is within the margin of error to Labour support now.
The smashing they took, I just cannot see a recovery for them. And remember their councilor count took a drubbing in 2014 and the party itself had a bigger statistical loss in GE16 compared to FF in GE11.

Dame_Enda

What function do the independents have?
To represent their constituents not lobbyists.

On these figures if you add FG-Lab-Green you get to 41%. Not quite enough for Coalition and Labour might not be willing yet.

turdsl

No doubt about it Labour need a new leader, unable to get out of the hole they dug for themselves. Certainly also puts the pessure on Ross and McGrath next week,abstaining will not cut it.

Last edited:

cogar

The Taoiseach has played a blinder since Brexit result and with the help and cooperatiion of FF under Martin the leadership necessary will be at the helm. This is no time now for flakey independents. Enda Kenny's experience, leadership and knowledge of the EU is now imperative.

turdsl

Not a great result for Fianna Fail,could make them uneasy to see Fine Gael pulling away
from them,I know its early but that trend would worry Martin if it was to continue in
future polls.

Barna

The Taoiseach has played a blinder since Brexit result and with the help and cooperatiion of FF under Martin the leadership necessary will be at the helm. This is no time now for flakey independents. Enda Kenny's experience, leadership and knowledge of the EU is now imperative.
The Dame will do what Mehole and Angela tell him to do.

McDave

Labour is irrelevant. I know some people say you can't write them off, look at how Fianna Fáil recovered.
But Labour is up against Sinn Féin and AAA/PBP, and then you will have FF courting the public sector and throw the Green party into the mix for the middle class leafy liberal vote. The Green party support is within the margin of error to Labour support now.
The smashing they took, I just cannot see a recovery for them. And remember their councilor count took a drubbing in 2014 and the party itself had a bigger statistical loss in GE16 compared to FF in GE11.
AAA/PBP have no future. I'd give Labour a chance over them any day.

Dame_Enda

It just come to me that perhaps this will strengthen Enda's hand in terms of remaining on as Taoiseach and FG leader till the cows come home. :roll:

Word of warning though. Some of the GE polls had FG on 30% aswell.

the secretary

Ah jez lads, its the middle of the summer. Apart from Brexit wat would we talk about? Throw out a rouge poll and keep the fools talking!

In all reality, nothing has happened for FG and SF to make such big gains and Indos to fall back so far.

turdsl

Labour sold their soul to Fine Gael too cheaply, when they reached the trough they forgot
about the ordinary people who gave them the chance.No trust anymore.

sport02

AAA/PBP have no future. I'd give Labour a chance over them any day.
What I'm saying is, they have so many battles on different fronts, I personally cannot see a recovery. They statistically suffered bigger losses than FF did in GE11. Their council base is depleted. Not to mention their TD representation.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies