Ming Flanahan in analogy controversy.

Sync

If that’s all he said then there won’t be a problem. You don’t know it’s all he said, you don’t even know what the complaint is. Your entire assessment seems to be based on one tweet from an interested party that you’re taking at face value. Not sure why you’d do that;

Beachcomber

Henry94.

If that’s all he said then there won’t be a problem. You don’t know it’s all he said, you don’t even know what the complaint is. Your entire assessment seems to be based on one tweet from an interested party that you’re taking at face value. Not sure why you’d do that;
It’s based on a newspaper report to which I have provided a link.

artfoley56

Don't see any newspaper link, just a link to the indo

Sync

No, the article claims he’s accused of having called her a puppy. His tweet provides the context from his POV which was that it was an analogy. You’ve then decided it was an analogy, and decided on what the assistant is thinking. That’s based on you accepting Ming’s version.

That’s a weird thing to do without knowing what the complaint actually is. Most people with that disposition at least wait to see what the woman’s accusation is before dismissing her. You’ve neatly sidestepped that.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I got here as quick as I could. I hear someone has put their hand up a greyhound's skirt. Is it true?

Beachcomber

No, the article claims he’s accused of having called her a puppy. His tweet provides the context from his POV which was that it was an analogy. You’ve then decided it was an analogy, and decided on what the assistant is thinking. That’s based on you accepting Ming’s version.

That’s a weird thing to do without knowing what the complaint actually is. Most people with that disposition at least wait to see what the woman’s accusation is before dismissing her. You’ve neatly sidestepped that.
Was the meeting at an actual greyhound race?

Beachcomber

I got here as quick as I could. I hear someone has put their hand up a greyhound's skirt. Is it true?
Almost.

The accusation is that the greyhound in question was under the age of consent as well. A puppy they say.

Henry94.

If the words he claims to have said are true then is an analogy. It’s like Babs Keating’s famous “donkeys don’t win derbies” remark in 1990 that was willfully misinterpreted by Cork.

LDF

Stupid, irrelevant story. The fact that the Indo gave it the full "breaking news" treatment says it all about that rag.

Mrwoody

Another attempt at quick look over there by FG, jazus they rely are amateurs

ThatsReasonable

I suppose you need to be careful what you say nowadays. Political correctness has on balance been a good thing.... but this kind of shyte makes liberals/progressives look ridiculous.

Henry94.

I suppose you need to be careful what you say nowadays. Political correctness has on balance been a good thing.... but this kind of shyte makes liberals/progressives look ridiculous.
Yes if it becomes a game of gotcha then it detracts from real complaints. If Ming is telling the truth and I believe him, then this story will die a death but it should be noted that the attempt was made.

New Threads

Most Replies