Minister Denis Naughten has been injured in a road crash

gatsbygirl20

Tulsk? I doubt you have ever been to Tulsk G.G. nor Siberia for that matter.petunia
On the contrary, Tulsk, so prettily positioned on the N5 with its ancient links to the Tain and Queen Meave, and its B&B and its fuel outlet, I am very familiar with.

Siberia--not so much. Although I spent a few days in Moscow once. But there was a lot of drink taken, truth be told.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

Minister Denis Naughten has been injured in a road crash

So?

Unless it affects his ability to carry out his duties, not sure what the need to open a thread is on this.

Is he badly hurt? No. Is he OK? Apparently so. Will he back to work soon? Most likely.

Nothing against the man and glad nobody was badly hurt but why start a thread? Makes no sense.

ergo2

On the contrary, Tulsk, so prettily positioned on the N5 with its ancient links to the Tain and Queen Meave, and its B&B and its fuel outlet, I am very familiar with.

Siberia--not so much. Although I spent a few days in Moscow once. But there was a lot of drink taken, truth be told.
I hope the Minister is making a full recovery from this incident.

Neveragain ; GG20 is a well-travelled and erudite lady. Not to be lightly challenged.

I agree with her that cycling on rural roads is becoming increasingly dangerous. My most recent cycling has been along parts of the Westport-Achill. Most of it is on the old railway line, well away from motor traffic.

Tulsk is near a historic area - Rathcroghaun - the ancient burial place of Connacht Royalty.

St Patrick is reputed to have called there on his mission to the Irish before travelling West to climb the then Cruachan Aigle ( now Croagh Patrick ). When travelling West in that area, the summit of Croagh Patrick first becomes visible near Tulsk. There was said to be a chariot route from Rathcroghaun to present Croagh Patrick, via present day Ballintubber Abbey.

Certainly since at least Patrician times there has been a route between Ballintubber, via Aughagower village to Croagh Patrick. This, now called Tochair Phadraig, has been signposted and is a popular walking route

Last edited:

neveragain

I hope the Minister is making a full recovery from this incident.

Neveragain ; GG20 is a well-travelled and erudite lady. Not to be lightly challenged.

I agree with her that cycling on rural roads is becoming increasingly dangerous. My most recent cycling has been along parts of the Westport-Achill. Most of it is on the old railway line, well away from motor traffic.

Tulsk is near a historic area - Rathcroghaun - the ancient burial place of Connacht Royalty.

St Patrick is reputed to have called there on his mission to the Irish before travelling West to climb the then Cruachan Aigle ( now Croagh Patrick ). When travelling West in that area, the summit of Croagh Patrick first becomes visible near Tulsk. There was said to be a chariot route from Rathcroghaun to present Croagh Patrick, via present day Ballintubber Abbey.

Certainly since at least Patrician times there has been a route between Ballintubber, via Aughagower village to Croagh Patrick. This, now called Tochair Phadraig, has been signposted and is a popular walking route
I'm sure she is but comparing parts of Roscommon to Siberia just annoyed me, and placing Shivago's in beautiful Tulsk, well what can one say.

New Threads

Most Replies