Minister Says Ireland Not Headed For Armageddon - Uh Oh Ireland Headed For Armageddon

Asparagus

Ireland not headed for Armageddon says minister - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

"If we do go back to revenue and expenditure of around the 2005 or 2006 mark, let's not forget we weren't a poor country four or five years ago," he said.

"If this gives us the confidence to know that where we're going isn't Armageddon, but is something that we lived with before, and if we have the humility to remember that we've come from situations like this before, I think it will give people confidence that this Government has an idea of the path to recovery for the country."
Jesus - does he actually think that all this equates to is returning to the 12-18 months before the peak?????
Does he not realise its ths debt at 2010 levels that is the problem for the state and its citizens.

He thinks it will give confidence - how deluded
Surely he couldn't come out with anything more delusional....

oh wait

The Fianna Fail TD said the Government did not want the €85bn bailout from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and Europe but was forced into it to pay teachers, gardai, nurses and childcare workers.
Its a loan to pay teachers and Childcare workers -

Have they no independent brains?

Fools

carlovian

I knew it was those childcare workers all along.

And the rest of you blaming Anglo, AIB, and overpaid underperforming junior ministers.

Those mooching childcare workers have been a drain on this country for too long.

Well done Barry Andrews for telling the truth !!

greengoose2

Another stooge - Hanafin: Burton's comments unhelpful

"The fact that it's there (IMF loan)…it's certainly a help. They're the people who are judging us from the outside," she said.

"It doesn't help to have people like Joan Burton saying the country is banjaxed.

"That sends a very negative message around the world when people like Ajai Chopra himself said that Ireland is an open flexible open economy and this is the best deal for Ireland at this time."
This is really dreadful bulls excrement! The lady who would be Taoiseach. Chopra must be really having a ball reading her claptrap!

Alexis Colby

Where is the fire and brimstone??

Armageddon feels very cold and looks very white??

Typically Irish- the gates of hell are frozen and the fire is gone out

No sign of the Messiah returning to save Ireland yet I'm afraid!

Some parallels with Ireland though - the Antichrist (Fianna Fáil) will lose the battle of Armageddon (next General Election) and will be cast into the "bottomless pit" or abyss for 1,000 years!!!

lol.

Pat Mc Larnon

You aren't humble enough, be grateful with your lot. Approaching 2011 and that is the word from FF. Get them out and keep them out for a very long time.

Expose the lot of them

You aren't humble enough, be grateful with your lot. Approaching 2011 and that is the word from FF. Get them out and keep them out for a very long time.
Yes it was the demand that we return to knowing our place and being 'umble that leaped out at me.

How dare the man, what planet is he living on, humility will not solve our problems, with a new government, cleansed of FFer corruption and strokes run by competent, committed politicians we might have some chance the longer this lot remain in power the closer we are to Armageddon, some might say we already there.

If this statement following on the sale of our country to the lowest bidder, does not clearly demonstrate to those fools who plan to vote for FF again what a dangerous, maligant outfit they are, nothing will.

We need to get out on the streets and stay there until they go.

daveL

humility!!!? HUMILITY!!!!? HUMILITY

arrrrggghh let me at him!!! hold me back!! hold me back lads!!

RockinRolla

How did Ireland elect these people.

We are showing our retardedness every day these are in office.

Padraigin

"If this gives us the confidence to know that where we're going isn't Armageddon, but is something that we lived with before..."

Absolutely right.

The days of rack rents and foreign landlords.

Armageddon ....a pretty good description of the Irish economy if this deal goes through.

Mushroom

By a stroke of luck, the FF Press Office has rostered Bugsy Andrews as Official Government Spokesperson/Liar on the Matt Cooper show this evening. Matt is looking forward to discussing Bugsy's offensive comment with him, shortly.

Incidentally, Bugsy is right - Ireland isn't heading for Armageddon, Armageddon is heading for Ireland.

dent

By a stroke of luck, the FF Press Office has rostered Bugsy Andrews as Official Government Spokesperson/Liar on the Matt Cooper show this evening. Matt is looking forward to discussing Bugsy's offensive comment with him, shortly.

Incidentally, Bugsy is right - Ireland isn't heading for Armageddon, Armageddon is heading for Ireland.
He's some arrogant little runt :-x

brine

LET ME AT HIM TOO!

He's the son of a TD, grew up in Dún Laoghaire, went to Blackrock College. He's telling us about the bad times? A bit of humility????

When he was probably faffing about in some student fraternity, my family was leaving the port in his beloved Dun Laoghaire on a ferry, emigrating to Europe.

YES BARRY, I DO REMEMBER THE 1980s! THANK YOU FOR REMINDING ME.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies