Ministers, T.D.s and Perks

controller

Do I understand this correctly

1. The minimum wage is being reduced
2. It will bring in the lower paid into the tax brackets
3. Dole payments will be hit
4. Rent allowance will be hit
5. Brian Leninhan defends the salary of Brian Cowen against that of President Barack Obama on the basis has more facilities available to him
6. Salaries of T.D.s and Ministers will not be touched
7. Perks of T.D.s and Ministers will not be touched
8. Did I misunderstand??

Apologies if this has been posted already

Nonsence & lies

5. Brian Leninhan defends the salary of Brian Cowen against that of President Barack Obama on the basis has more facilities available to him
8. Did I misunderstand??

Pretty much right, And all signed off on by the EU and IMF.

They can all ************************ off.

dubboy

8. Did I misunderstand??

I'm really interested in the figures here, but not very informed... I mean I found it ridiculous that the public sector in greece got a christmas, easter and summer bonus, and was thinking no wonder they're in this mess. What do europeans perceive when they hear we have the highest paid leader (not sure about politicians) in the western world. It makes us a laughing stock and it's embarrassing they haven't taken a bigger cut.

FakeViking

8. Did I misunderstand??

It's called turning a corner.

drjimryan2

never reward the lazy..........

its simply called the 'effort dividend'.........

'td's' to be paid less than ushers ..........

He3

If we struck oil we'd be well paid

Mr Patrick Neary, exCEO of the cumbersome Regulatory Body of the Central Bank etc, even after 'suffering' the 4% PS pension cut, will still be getting more in pension than the Norwegial Prime Minister gets in salary.

Go figure.

nonpartyboy

Don't forget all their allowances, walking around money, turning up money etc. this is what you call leadership in this country, greedy traitors the most of them, this country is going to tear itself apart over the next few years.THE PLAN IS A FARCE............

Kitty O'Shea

8. Did I misunderstand??

The USA has a population of 310,779,000 or 4.51% of the world's population. Ireland's population (to April 2010) is 4,470,700 or 0.064% of the world's population. There is no comparison.
List of countries by population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Asparagus

Don't forget all their allowances, walking around money, turning up money etc. this is what you call leadership in this country, greedy traitors the most of them, this country is going to tear itself apart over the next few years.THE PLAN IS A FARCE............
Its not a plan

ITS A PLOT.

vanla sighs

That looks to be about right. They are self serving scum.

smitchy2

No there will be cuts announced to their saleries and perks on budget day.
A lot of details were missing from the plan.

Astral Peaks

8. Did I misunderstand??

"Broadly in line with expectations"

controller

Is this a guess or hope or do you know for sure??

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Probably right.

The announcement will be made as close to the next General Election as possible.

They are probably not lemminglike enough not to take a paycut?

In a way, I wish they were.

BertsBeard

At this stage I'm getting seriously worried. If I had a plan and every single night on TV expert after expert was lined up telling me I was on the path to destruction I'd like to think I'd slam the brakes on and have another look at my figures.
These guys are ploughing ahead despite the advice and despite the fact that every single decision they've taken to date has had the opposite effect to the one they envisaged.
It's like trying to get the keys off a drunk who insists he's okay to drive home. At that stage the only thing that will work id get some of your mates to jump the guy and rip the keys out of the idiot's hand.
It's time to jump this drunk before something terrible happenes that can't be put right later.

dingbat

8. Did I misunderstand??

Yep - I posted about it over in the 4 year plan thread. And don't forget Senators, other political postings and senior public servants...

Stuck up a blog post about this yesterday (Politicians and Senior Public Servants pay exempt from four-year plan? | Dodder News – Columns and Commentary) because, even though there might well be reductions to come in the budget, for the sake of appearances it was surely important to clearly demonstrate that they're leading from the front on this one.

orbit

I didn't see the press conference yesterday, but Mrs Orbit tells me that the only hard/intelligent questions were asked by foreign journalists. I noticed the same thing the night of the bailout announcement. With the exception of Vincent Browne, the only tough questions came from journalists with English accents.

Since ministers interact mostly with journalists rather than ordinary punters, it's no surprise that they don't see the grotesque incongruity of this, because it's only foreign journalists who ask obvious if uncomfortable questions.

There needs to be a massive reduction in minister's pay - mostly because it was never justified, and the measly reduction they have already taken is just not sufficient. Same goes for civil servants at the top. Let them f**k off to the private sector if they wish, where their partners in crime from government will shortly be going as well.

smitchy2

Is this a guess or hope or do you know for sure??

It is a fairly reasonable guess.
There is no way you can have a 4 year plan with a €10bn spending cut without effecting the pay bill of the Dail.
They have already taken pay cuts but as the levels were so high people were not bothered.

They won’t mind cutting the top pay for ministers as it will be the next governments salaries and not theirs.

culmore

McDaid retired from Dail and gets €250.000 to help him into retirement, and a pension of over €90.000 and is still a GP with a big practice of private and medical card patients, no cut there at all , and he is only an example of the difference between the top and bottom of this country

New Threads

Most Replies