Modern US Counter Culture on show at the Grammy's

Mick Mac

The American Counter culture is the latest thing thats being energised by the Trump presidency. Counter-culture is a sub-culture who norms and values differ from the mainstream.

The latest heroine of non-conformist counter culture is Joy Villa who wore a dress that had the squares all excited. Like the punk movement in the 70s not knowing enough to follow the crowd and be like everyone else Princess Joy decided to do her own thing and wear a certain gùna to the Awards.

A gùna that caused a lot offence amongst the squares who ended up looking like the oldies complaining about God save the queen. The conformists who are on the same side as establishment politicians, establishment media, the Davos crows, Apple, Microsoft, all the big western media outlets they used say were establishment outlets, the conformists who line up in outrage ready to challenge the deviants who do not conform to a defined social norm.

They are so conformist they cannot even tolerate a dress.

Warning: The video about the Pistols and God Save The Queen, and the pictures of the gùna may be disturbing to those of a highly conformist nature.

So she got this in response. Feel the love. If Twitter was around for the Sex Pistols would it have looked like this. Sid Vicious is so hungry for attention. Gawd Awful etc.

.@Joy_Villa is just doing this for attention.

let’s give her some.

screw you @Joy_Villa pic.twitter.com/SJ5zHbVpyg

— Jay Franzone (@JayFranzone) February 12, 2017

@Joy_Villa you're cancelled

— steven j. horowitz (@speriod) February 12, 2017

Here's the coon with the Trump dress. I'm truly outdone. @Joy_Villa

— . (@eIectricgold) February 12, 2017

But… why, Joy Villa? #GRAMMYs pic.twitter.com/IiQwsbhKVu

— TV Guide (@TVGuide) February 12, 2017

Attention seeking @Joy_Villa is cancelled #GRAMMYs pic.twitter.com/CTm868QCvk

— Karen Civil (@KarenCivil) February 12, 2017

I think I speak for everyone when i say "who the ************************ is Joy Villa and why is she so thirsty?"

— Damian Holbrook (@damianholbrook) February 12, 2017

Uh oh, someone's been at Joy Villa's Wiki… pic.twitter.com/aca4WW59vA

— Alex Hannaford (@AlHannaford) February 12, 2017

Everyone please be aware that Joy Villa is the worst. pic.twitter.com/dKug98XcPw

— Sammy Nickalls (@sammynickalls) February 12, 2017

who the ************************ is Joy Villa and why is she wearing that godawful Trump dress at the #Grammys??

— Kevin Allred (@KevinAllred) February 12, 2017
[video=youtube;EoXHgBhWbyw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoXHgBhWbyw[/video]

Counter-culture is not dead. It might just make it past the conformist drones.

Mick

Accidental sock

.....mainstream....
The GOP have the Presidency, the house, the senate and the majority of state legislature....

How is openly supporting them contrary to 'the mainstream'. That's not the counter-culture......that's the culture.

You really don't get 'God save the queen'

T

Thelawsass

Yeah. I can't imagine being on either side makes you counter culture or not "square".

[video=youtube;FZSrxD6GBQs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZSrxD6GBQs[/video]

Last edited:

Mick Mac

The GOP have the Presidency, the house, the senate and the majority of state legislature....

How is openly supporting them contrary to 'the mainstream'. That's not the counter-culture......that's the culture.

You really don't get 'God save the queen'
How many times have we heard that he didnt win the popular vote?

Like it or not modern american counter-culture is wearing a Trump dress. Trump himself is counter-culture in the extreme. He wants to make that the mainstream culture but he is an outsiders outsider. He won the election but recall that up late Nov 8 no one thought that could happen.

Mick

enuffisenuff

Metallica playing with Lady GaGa....the very same band who slagged off the glam bands.....they can f*ck right off!!!

GDPR

A lot of people would consider that dress tasteless but personally I think it is adorable- I would totally wear it!

Mick Mac

Metallica playing with Lady GaGa....the very same band who slagged off the glam bands.....they can f*ck right off!!!
Metallica are what age?

Mick

Accidental sock

How many times have we heard that he didnt win the popular vote?

Like it or not modern american counter-culture is wearing a Trump dress. Trump himself is counter-culture in the extreme. He wants to make that the mainstream culture but he is an outsiders outsider. He won the election but recall that up late Nov 8 no one thought that could happen.

Mick
That's the dichotomy of Trump supporters. It's like Trump, post victory still whining about the Government, or politicians.

If he ever was an 'outsider' (which I dispute) he's not anymore. He's the establishment.

He's 'THE MAN' now.

...and counter culture only makes sense when it's against 'THE MAN'.

Mick Mac

That's the dichotomy of Trump supporters. It's like Trump, post victory still whining about the Government, or politicians.

If he ever was an 'outsider' (which I dispute) he's not anymore. He's the establishment.

He's 'THE MAN' now.

...and counter culture only makes sense when it's against 'THE MAN'.
But its not like the rest of the establishment is with him. He is an insurgent president and the same time is the pinnacle of the establishment.

Mick

Bea C

A lot of people would consider that dress tasteless but personally I think it is adorable- I would totally wear it!
You'd get it made to fit, though?
Looking at her, all I can think is rip!!!!!
Had an extra inch or two been given around the hips it'd have made such a difference: she has a great figure, that simply pinches and adds 10lbs.
(Well, the style is awful too, but that's another matter).

Accidental sock

But its not like the rest of the establishment is with him. He is an insurgent president and the same time is the pinnacle of the establishment.

Mick
Oh, they're with him. He'd be impotent if they weren't.

You'll know they're not, when Paul Ryan feels brave enough to crticise him.

Mick Mac

Oh, they're with him. He'd be impotent if they weren't.

You'll know they're not, when Paul Ryan feels brave enough to crticise him.
Not so sure thats the case. They didnt exactly campaign for him. An uneasy truce.

Mick

GDPR

Had an extra inch or two been given around the hips it'd have made such a difference: she has a great figure, that simply pinches and adds 10lbs.
A lot of people I know think my taste is over the top so I wouldn't actually go there as regards this dress- I still though think it is extremely cool.

JCR

That's more of a dress you'd see at a KKK social than anything you can compare to the Sex Pistols.

Mick Mac

That's more of a dress you'd see at a KKK social than anything you can compare to the Sex Pistols.
The prosecution rests m'lud.

Mick

ON THE ONE ROAD

taught she was going for a sacred hart theme but was completely surprised. People have been using that slogan on hats for a while though.

Deadlock

I dunno Bea, she's looking pretty good to me ...

New Threads

Most Replies