• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

MoL vs the "Lyons Tea" of Irish politics.

greengoose2

O'Leary saying it as he sees it!

Mick is not happy with Leo!

He labelled Mr Varadkar – who had spoken just minutes earlier – as the "Lyons Tea" of Irish politics. "All talk, more talk. . . but no bloody action."
He doesn't like white elephants:

"It's my first time in the National Convention Centre – the second big white elephant building in this country after the DAA's T2," he said. "For those of you who are visiting this country and want to realise why we are broke, you're sitting in it."
Despite the arrogance of O'Leary, we have to admit that he does ferry millions of people into Ireland and is a driving force in tourism in the country!

He has been labelled a money grabber by a money grabbing minister - anyone for paradox? 1000 jobs announced for Shannon. That one should be teased out. THese yo-yos are really clutching at straws...

Levellers

O'Leary saying it as it suits O'Leary.

He has some neck talking about money grabbing!

Aindriu

I can't stand the man but I admit he is dead on about the so called gathering. Just wait and he will be proved right with hotels, restaurants and bars all hiking their prices. Mind you, Ryanair will do the same too.

mr. jings

O'Leary saying it as it suits O'Leary.

He has some neck talking about money grabbing!
Christ, can you imagine if he ran the country - 10 euro charge for voting cards, Gardai selling lotto tickets, and that god awful poke-in-the-eye livery everywhere...

turdsl

If he was running the country, be very interesting to see what job

he would give James Reilly.

firefly123

Two words.
Wan and ker.

Aindriu

firefly123

If your surname was Kerr, would you name a son Wayne? Just for a laugh like petunia
Like calling your child Michael Hunt. Or that english rugby player Mike Cat.

Hewson

O'Leary is a breath of fresh air in this cow house. You can run him down all you like, and his marketing sucks, but he's still a role model for success, something the Irish have big issues with.

He's right about the convention centre too. Remind me again just how much the broke taxpayer is shelling out to the real w@nkers of Treasury Holdings every year?

Last edited:

daveL

Christ, can you imagine if he ran the country - 10 euro charge for voting cards, Gardai selling lotto tickets, and that god awful poke-in-the-eye livery everywhere...
or an efficient, value for money civil service that delivers on promises, commitments and deadlines

firefly123

or an efficient, value for money, delivers on promises civil service
Ambulances that bring you ten miles from the emergency department and if you want to be put on the stretcher it's an extra €50. Oxygen €2 a puff and €40 a shock on the defib.
The paramedic will be selling you smokeless cigarettes midway through the journey.

He is good at running an airline but he treats his staff like dirt. I don't begrudge him success and fair play to him but that does not make him God. In 2006 Seanie Fitz was being hailed as a guru too.

daveL

Ambulances that bring you ten miles from the emergency department and if you want to be put on the stretcher it's an extra €50. Oxygen €2 a puff and €40 a shock on the defib.
The paramedic will be selling you smokeless cigarettes midway through the journey.

He is good at running an airline but he treats his staff like dirt. I don't begrudge him success and fair play to him but that does not make him God. In 2006 Seanie Fitz was being hailed as a guru too.
Childish analogies Firefly.

Hewson

If Ryanair goes bust it won't be taking the country down the toilet with it.

(For a small charge, of course, if it did.)

firefly123

Childish analogies Firefly.
And saying St. Michael would fix the country in 6 months because running a country is the exact same as running an airline isn't?

FakeViking

Didn't MO'L say he was going to pull Poxyair out of Ireland if he didn't get the big Hanger in Dublin Airport for free?

eoghanacht

Wait O'Leary makes money aren't we supposed to worship him or something?

S

simeongrimes

The prospect of Michael O'Leary running the health service may alarm people but imagine if Ryanair was in the public sector. I wonder how much public money it would cost every year to maintain the levels of service it now offers.

GDPR

I'll say this for Michael, he's the best advertisement for communism I've ever heard.