• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Moments of 2012?

Personal or other wise?

I know that probably most of us have encountered various kinds of sh1te this year, so this is thread for putting up the good moments (maybe even offsetting them against bad ones).

my moments of the year go this way:

London Olympics opening ceremony. Simply beautiful mayhem and funny and tearjerking.

Watching the kids suddenly switch to learning to speak English and watching them master the interface of their tablets.

In relation to the last point, having to search out their "baby" books in order that they can read them themselves.

Some modest business successes on both our parts.

Sad moments:

No deaths this year at the personal level but there are always connected deaths.

Getting that bit older.

The closing ceremony of the London Olympics. (at least two dead guys involved; how sad is that?)

Generally a good year. I discovered a forgotten recording of Franck No 2 from 1959 which is now a treasure and have also embarked on a History course with a view to becoming a teacher/academic in a few years.

Any good or - ok, bad - stories from 2012?

neveragain

The good.
Katie Taylor winning gold, I had'nt cried in years and Katie showed me how.
The bad
My best friend who I travelled to Galway with for his cancer treatment since January being told that they could do no more for him, an awful day.

The good.
Katie Taylor winning gold, I had'nt cried in years and Katie showed me how.
The bad
My best friend who I travelled to Galway with for his cancer treatment since January being told that they could do no more for him, an awful day.
I'll look up Katie right now and I'm so sorry to hear of your loss...

Kev408

I got married in September to a wonderful gal. Hell, that's why I'm far less volatile and considerably less argumentative (except with racists).

Analyzer

The defining moment of 2012, was the Jobs Fair in the RDS "working abroad" which drew massive crowds. People with ambition are getting out.

That is killing the country.

NYCKY

It was an eventful year for me and in no particular order some of the more standout ones were

Getting to see an Olympics in person and getting back to London after several years
Finishing my MBA and graduating
Surviving Hurricane Sandy with zero damage
So many friends pregnant or that had babies

The defining moment of 2012, was the Jobs Fair in the RDS "working abroad" which drew massive crowds. People with ambition are getting out.

That is killing the country.
This is another defining moment.

One that saddens me, of course. I have a family which I'd like to settle back in Ireland at some stage.

Marcos the black

Hard to believe that we're saying goodbye to 2012............ What ever happened to that Y2K bug? Did they ever find a cure for it?

Kev408

As one man condemned this year to another, my congratusympathies...
Well done yourself. Other than the 'calming of Kevin' as my beloved calls it, I've gained much more - about 3 inches around the waist.

dresden8

Well, yet again, my bird, not getting any booze for herself, decided I wouldn't mind if she had some of mine.

Fncking hell.

Chicks!!!!!!!!

Deep Blue

I got married in September to a wonderful gal. Hell, that's why I'm far less volatile and considerably less argumentative (except with racists).
Congratulations, the first bit sounds like a line from an old Western. Lovely!

I convinced a gullible American female to assent before God to be my chattel. We had a party afterwards....
Ditto to yourself, you're channeling Jane Austen.:)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies