Montrose for sale

asset test

Why are they not selling the entire plot and moving to a cheaper location? Snob value of Donnybrook I suppose for the luvvies who would probably die than have to commute to Dublin West.

Anyway, Vincent's hospital might buy it to extend their private hospital.

But most likely will be top end apartments, with an exemption from social housing.

Or a state of the art office block to cater for the Brexit emigres from London.

The Field Marshal

It would be an excellent location for a giant incinerator to take D4s waste.

GDPR

Why are they not selling the entire plot and moving to a cheaper location? Snob value of Donnybrook I suppose for the luvvies who would probably die than have to commute to Dublin West.
To do with existing infrastructure on site I would say.

asset test

theObserver@hotmail.com

Early this year, part of Donnybrook HQ is to brought forward for sale. Given the ongoing financial difficulties which has impacted on the ability of RTE to invest in its infrastructure, RTE have given the go ahead for Savills to manage the sale. A portion of under-utilised land on the Donnybrook site, west of the radio centre being sold will not however solve all of RTE's financial problems. I throw the floor open as to what the site should used for, all suggestions welcome. RTÉ to sell off part of its Donnybrook HQ in the coming months
About time. That area would make for nice family homes or for more student housing.

The Dublin Bus depot in donnybrook should also be sold and the depot moved further outside the city. Same with busaras in the city center.

Catalpast

Early this year, part of Donnybrook HQ is to brought forward for sale. Given the ongoing financial difficulties which has impacted on the ability of RTE to invest in its infrastructure, RTE have given the go ahead for Savills to manage the sale. A portion of under-utilised land on the Donnybrook site, west of the radio centre being sold will not however solve all of RTE's financial problems. I throw the floor open as to what the site should used for, all suggestions welcome. RTÉ to sell off part of its Donnybrook HQ in the coming months
A halting site?:D

GDPR

Well going forward like :p the costs of moving would surely be wiped out by the proceeds of sale, and the lower costs of a brownfield location. The BBC did it not too long ago, so if it's good enough for them to move out of London to Manchester well.....

BBC's Salford move key to Northern Powerhouse and worth £277m a year to country's economy - Manchester Evening News
Perhaps, yet the sums would have to be done and more importantly the will to move out of there which I'm going to suggest is not there.

GDPR

About time. That area would make for nice family homes or for more student housing.

The Dublin Bus depot in donnybrook should also be sold and the depot moved further outside the city. Same with busaras in the city center.
If a site is underutilised then yeah absolutely it should be re-developed or the portion that's undeveloped. But I can't agree with moving all employment locations out somewhere on the M50 for the sake of it.

Catalpast

If a site is underutilised then yeah absolutely it should be re-developed or the portion that's undeveloped. But I can't agree with moving all employment locations out somewhere on the M50 for the sake of it.
DB moved out to Harristown and its nightmare at peak times for the buses to get in and out of

Also Donnybrook Garage might well have a preservation order put on it

Disillusioned democrat

I think people should welcome this very guardedly....so RTE gets a windfall, funded originally by the tax payer long, long ago.

Where do you think that money is going to go? Tubs et al's ridiculous salaries will be "affordable" for another few years.

I'd prefer to see them take the axe to "talent's" salaries and operating costs and give the money back to the government.

ger12

They should sell the entire site.

And move into town, city centre into a NAMA building.

im axeled

I say the government turns it into a new maximum security prison.

Just to píss of the D4 set.

That, or a high density social housing project for a new influx of "Syrian refugees".
you jest op, that will never happen, the goverment to upset rte's appletart

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom