• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Moodys - "Ireland to remain at Junk Rating because of the EU"

Dublin 4

Ratings agency Moody’s said yesterday the Republic’s vulnerability to Europe’s continuing financial crisis was the main reason behind its decision to assign junk-bond status to the State’s sovereign debt.
The rating means the agency believes there is a substantial risk the State will be unable to repay its debts, and that investors should treat it as speculative grade, or “junk”.

Europe to blame for Republic’s junk-bond rating - Moody’s

Not much "Ode to Joy" out there for Paddy these days :|

I've always been a recovery skeptic & don't believe for 1 minute that the Eurozone Crisis is settling down at all! :mad:

Poland is on stream to join the Euro & whilst all that is luvvly jubbly - Bersani has still failed to form a Govt in Italy.

This paves the way for anti-Euro campaigner Grillo to cause even more instability.

What is the way out of this mess for Ireland or are we set to remain the Junkies of the Western World??? :|

BBC News - Italy limbo as Bersani fails to form coalition

Trainwreck

What Fitch and S&P never credibly stated was what had improved to persuade them to upgrade our long term debt.

I know people here have orgasms over falling bond yields and "being back in the bind market", but with our debt and deficit levels those things are irrelevant to whether we will eventually repay long term. The only mean we can keep rolling and growing our debt for longer, but with the same eventual conclusion, we can't actually repay and it has become to large a burden.

Moody's have it righg

Eire1976

I've always been a recovery skeptic & don't believe for 1 minute that the Eurozone Crisis is settling down at all! :mad:

Poland is on stream to join the Euro & whilst all that is luvvly jubbly - Bersani has still failed to form a Govt in Italy.

This paves the way for anti-Euro campaigner Grillo to cause even more instability.

What is the way out of this mess for Ireland or are we set to remain the Junkies of the Western World??? :|

Its in certain peoples interests to keep our rating low as they make more money from the interest we get charged.

Any excuse to keep us there will do.

Nemesiscorporation

Very interesting.

Moody's, S&P, etc are the same people who rated Irish banks as Triple A. In plain language they rate to suit investors, not countries or the people in those countries. At the moment US venture capitalists are having a field day in Ireland.

A rating from Moody's, S&P, etc, is less useful than the toilet paper I cleaned my bum with this morning.

Regarding the debt. It is unsustainable, something which the government would have known when they deliberately took on the debts of reckless psychopathic developers, bankers and there sycophantic helpers.

There needs to be full disclosure of the of what actual debts were taken on and which investors were actually saved. Something tells me a disclosure like that would reveal nothing but conflicts of interest on the part of those who made the decisions.

jmcc

The useless f*cks couldn't tell AAA from a subprime hole in the ground.

Marbellabound

No need to drag Adam and Paul into it, they're just victims, better off with a pic of Bertie and Rohan :))

Taxi Driver

What Fitch and S&P never credibly stated was what had improved to persuade them to upgrade our long term debt.

I know people here have orgasms over falling bond yields and "being back in the bind market", but with our debt and deficit levels those things are irrelevant to whether we will eventually repay long term. The only mean we can keep rolling and growing our debt for longer, but with the same eventual conclusion, we can't actually repay and it has become to large a burden.

Moody's have it righg
Fitch and S&P have not upgraded Irish bonds. They simply didn't downgrade them as far as Moody's did.

Taxi Driver

Why didn't you put up this quote?

She argues the banks have enough capital to be able to accommodate dealing with these issues without adding new liabilities to the State’s balance sheet.

Speaking yesterday, Ms Lindow agreed Irish banks are now very well capitalised. However, she said their reluctance to lend
money to those who want to borrow is likely to continue until they deal with debts that are not being repaid.
She thinks they have enough capital and don't need another €60 billion of it. If her views are worth a thread surely that is too?

mahrud

Come on taxi-driver, you must know that people like Dublin4 and many other posters love to triumphantly report anything that is detrimental about the economic situation.

To them there is no such thing as good news. Everything is doom and gloom. Ireland is finished -and so the dirge goes on.

The only joy these posters have is in gleaning ill-tidings wherever they can find them and immediately trumpeting them on various web-sites. And their only sadness -or anger -is when someone suggests that we may be coming towards the end of the bad times.

Dublin 4

Why didn't you put up this quote?

She thinks they have enough capital and don't need another €60 billion of it. If her views are worth a thread surely that is too?
It's in the link you gobshyte how could I cover it up by linking it...

Start your thread then...

Dublin 4

Come on taxi-driver, you must know that people like Dublin4 and many other posters love to triumphantly report anything that is detrimental about the economic situation.

To them there is no such thing as good news. Everything is doom and gloom. Ireland is finished -and so the dirge goes on.

The only joy these posters have is in gleaning ill-tidings wherever they can find them and immediately trumpeting them on various web-sites. And their only sadness -or anger -is when someone suggests that we may be coming towards the end of the bad times.
Moodys have us at junk not me.

I have you at junk though :lol:

Dublin 4

Pair of straw graspers - fk off over to Moodys & give them a laugh too :lol:

Shqiptar

Fitch and S&P have not upgraded Irish bonds. They simply didn't downgrade them as far as Moody's did.
The article written by Barry O'Halloran is wrong. Where does the IT get these people?

Its rivals – Fitch and Standard & Poor’s – both upgraded the Republic’s rating to investment grade last year, meaning they regard it as carrying a far lower risk, but Moody’s has consistently refused to follow them.

Dublin 4

You were moaning again.

You have the link & I look forward to your thread- Junkster :p