More Anti Semitism by third level students.

johnny365

Maybe a protest for the women and LGBT community who live and suffer horrific discrimination from the Palestinian authorities would be a better idea?

Mercurial

It seems moronic TCD students block the Israeli ambassador from speaking at and event that was designed for inclusive and diverse debate. They blocked the door of the venue where the event was due to take place. This doesn't apply if your Israeli it seems. Barry Williams of Irish4israel described the protestors as "hysterical" as they shouted pro Palestinian slogans. He also questioned why the Gardai didn't intervene to make sure the event proceeded. It was all so pointed out that the Turkish ambassador spoke at a similar event recently without a whimper about the horrific abuse of Kurdish human rights by Turkish authorities.

When is the cancer of anti Semitic groups and protests in Irish third level institutions going to be tackled? This shocking discrimination should not be allowed in a tolerant society that should be embracing debate and a range of opinions. Instead we have intolerance and moral ambivalence to Islamic extremism.

Trinity College Dublin event involving Israeli ambassador cancelled
What other Jewish speakers have been prevented from speaking at Trinity, besides defenders of Israeli government policy with regard to Palestine?

Dearghoul

Its not a lie - that chant is a call for the genocide of all Jews and is regularly used by Hamas activists
The Trinity protestors were chanting it as reported here
Yes but chanting that Palestinians should be free etc. isn't a call for genocide of the Jews now is it, unless theres a longer winded version of the thing that you're not telling us about.

I'd say this might be the appropriate moment to share the full version of the chant, with footnotes.

Your link shows some non chanting people, and the lack of sound and movement isn't exactly helpful.

GDPR

* Just weeping with laughter here*

Feck off back to the Assad torture thread and answer Mossy on your lying spin.

johnny365

The Israeli ambassador represents a criminal, warmongering apartheid state in contravention of more UN resolutions than any other.

Are you stating that anyone who opposes this criminal state hates Jews?
No I'm asking why the Turkish ambassador who represents a state that ethically cleanses its minority the Kurds was allowed speak with zero protest? If the protest is about war crimes why was the Turkish ambassador left off the hook?

johnny365

You're trying to ascribe antisemitism as the motive of a group of Palestinian supporters for no other reason than that they're a group of Palestinian supporters.

This thread should be zoo'd!
They are intolerant and don't want free speech, do you agree in shutting down free speech? Do you agree about being selective as to which "war criminal states" to protest against?

johnny365

What about the staff of the Israeli embassy in Dublin. They don't want a conference on Israel to go ahead. Who do they hate, and why didn't you start a thread about them?
It was a clearly slanted anti Israel conference discussing if Israel is legitimate. It sounded like something you would expect from Hamas.

Dame_Enda

It was a clearly slanted anti Israel conference discussing if Israel is legitimate. It sounded like something you would expect from Hamas.
Hold on I thought you supported free speech? You can't have it both ways.

johnny365

Oh it was clearly slanted was it? Evidence please.

And I suppose the Israeli ambassador was going to make a wonderfully balanced speech, not at all slanted in Israel's favour, was he?

Why don't you stop digging and admit the obvious, which is that you're fully behind Israel and all its crimes, and you don't give a damn about the Palestinians that Israel oppresses..
Were you one of those students? Your getting hysterical, calm down. The conference in UCC is clearly an anti I sraeli hate fest, however I wouldn't be in support of attempting to stop it going ahead. Peaceful protest at this blatant anti Israel hate fest yes, but I wouldn't support stopping it.

former wesleyan

What about the staff of the Israeli embassy in Dublin. They don't want a conference on Israel to go ahead. Who do they hate, and why didn't you start a thread about them?
But it will go ahead and 40 + anti-Israel speakers, with maybe one or two dissenting voices for " balance ", will advocate turning Israel into Somalia.

johnny365

Turning Israel into Somalia? What on earth are you talking about?

You can't have a balanced debate about Israel when it is so clearly and lawfully wrong, .
I think that line clearly illustrates that it is impossible to have a balanced debate with you.

Hitchcock

Are they I don't know is that not the point of this debate? Why have they picked the Israeli ambassador over other countries with horrific human rights records?
Maybe they have a particular issue with the plight of Palestine and the Palestinians?

Why do some people join Greenpeace but not Amnesty International? Why do some people go on anti war demos but not anti water charges demonstrations?

Many people are angered or radicalised by individual issues and take a stand as such, that's clearly what was going on here...

Dame_Enda

Maybe they have a particular issue with the plight of Palestine and the Palestinians?

Why do some people join Greenpeace but not Amnesty International? Why do some people go on anti war demos but not anti water charges demonstrations?

Many people are angered or radicalised by individual issues and take a stand as such, that's clearly what was going on here...
I agree that many are outraged on the Palestinian issue (me included) but I believe persuasion is more likely to be effective than no-platforming, which just plays into the Israeli Far Right's "everyone is against us" message.

johnny365

So you hated white South Africans..

Why do you support it when Israel utilises it?
Why would I hate South Africans black or white? This broad sweeping statements by you taking one side or other is why people like you and your ilk are extremists that can't be reasoned with it's all bad or good no common sense no grey areas. It's all very infantile, go back to the selfies.

johnny365

On the contrary, but you can't expect debates about Israel to be balanced because Israel is so fundamentally and demonstrably and lawfully in the wrong.

Why would there be balance?
How can you have a debate about a state when you want to deny the right of that to exist? Saying your totally wrong you have no right to exist is not really a debate it's you forcing your viewpoint down throats.

johnny365

I agree that many are outraged on the Palestinian issue (me included) but I believe persuasion is more likely to be effective than no-platforming, which just plays into the Israeli Far Right's "everyone is against us" message.
Many Irish people support Israel they are not in the most part "Far Right".

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies